Author Topic: More servers.  (Read 16608 times)

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: More servers.
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »
Listen, I've scripted about 3 times for ZombieRP servers, and from my experience, although the idea is really fun, it never lasts very long before interest is lost and it dies, the shortest life of a zombieRP server I've seen was a week, the longest I've seen was Xhosters, and they were up and down, 1 month they'd have around 15 players, the next they'd have none, its really hard to pull off,  you'd need a team of VERY dedicated Administrators who do events constantly, and not just common zombie attack events either, you'd probably need a good writer or event manager to work on events for the server as well, that's really the only way to keep any kind of stable population for a ZombieRP server.

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 10:37:31 PM »
If we put up more servers, they won't be roleplay.

Thats why we are catalyst GAMING. Not catalyst FULL OF MINGES ROLEPLAY

Stranded: Will die out in maximum a month.
TTT: Will die out in amximum a week.
Flood: Will die out when 10 players has all weapons and 300k (max a month).

Not worth the effort and to keep them alive they need to be developed. Theres only me and Tom to develop for 4 servers already.

None of this would really work out in the long run.

OLD OCRP: Died in about a year (players got bored)

NEW OCRP: Died in about a week (Minges came back, old favorite players didn't) <------ Ment the server died because of the over amount of Minges. Their were more minges then good players

Maybe if we run deathrun fucking right, we could get more players.
yeah because OCRP is completely dead, doesn't have 25+ players during the day or anything

No offence, but can you actually fully READ my post before making a dumb comment like that.

Is server is alive or dead is based on the playerbase, not the amount of players. If the players are shit, the server is shit.
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 02:27:07 AM »
Hmmm... I suppose we could have an ARMA:2 dogfight server :/ Dunno.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 03:21:56 AM »
If we put up more servers, they won't be roleplay.

Thats why we are catalyst GAMING. Not catalyst FULL OF MINGES ROLEPLAY

Stranded: Will die out in maximum a month.
TTT: Will die out in amximum a week.
Flood: Will die out when 10 players has all weapons and 300k (max a month).

Not worth the effort and to keep them alive they need to be developed. Theres only me and Tom to develop for 4 servers already.

None of this would really work out in the long run.

OLD OCRP: Died in about a year (players got bored)

NEW OCRP: Died in about a week (Minges came back, old favorite players didn't) <------ Ment the server died because of the over amount of Minges. Their were more minges then good players

Maybe if we run deathrun fucking right, we could get more players.
yeah because OCRP is completely dead, doesn't have 25+ players during the day or anything

No offence, but can you actually fully READ my post before making a dumb comment like that.

Is server is alive or dead is based on the playerbase, not the amount of players. If the players are shit, the server is shit.
the players have always been shit. OC or CG it doesn't really make a difference, it's GMod in general
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 03:37:56 AM »
Garry's Mod is full of little kids and people who like to fuck around, cant hepl.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 11:34:16 PM »
It's an online gaming server, there will always be stupid people.

Aside from that, I think expanding outside the Roleplay enviornment would be nice.

1) It would attract a new kind of playerbase to the community.
2) Those new players may end up trying out new gamemodes, and same to the current playerbase.
3) I would fucking love a Zombie Survival server.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 01:01:00 AM »

Try Morbus

Offline Newbrict

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 01:20:09 AM »
I support a flood server!
Nothing interesting here.

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 01:07:17 PM »

Try Morbus

No one plays it. We don't advertise it enough like we do with RP.
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline pAra

•  I've got no idea what to write here. ggwp
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »
I don't think getting more servers will increase the activity and/or the number of new players. What i think it'll do is that it'll spread the community out much more.
24/7 musick project group can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TwentyfourSevenMusick

Offline tim

• SPACE JAM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 04:08:56 PM »
I don't think getting more servers will increase the activity and/or the number of new players. What i think it'll do is that it'll spread the community out much more.

i think your font choice is annoying.

Anyways, it's not only for those reasons, it's to give current players something other to do. Surely people get bored of roleplay and want to do some minigames/building.
#

Offline Craig Ferguson

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2012, 12:58:34 AM »
TTT should maybe be put on but not Flood. That would die out so fast.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 01:53:36 AM »
I'll bring this idea up to Kronic later too over steam. Also, read everything in my reply, as if you just read the first sentence and reply on that part only you will make yourself look silly.

Trash HL2RP. HL2RP is stale and the same stuff every single day. Players rely heavily on admins for role play (events and such). HL2RP is also flooded with minges daily, and on outlands the amount of minges go way down but people don't play there a lot for the most part. Whenever I get on the city server it is nearly the same thing every time, go on my unit and patrol, beat some citizens occasionally, detain some, and all of that. As for citizenRP, the RP possibilities are very slim, depending on what you do. Whenever you do begin to role play with another citizen, most of the time they are very new to serious role play or they are not good role players and just do "/me attempts to punch the guy." and not "/me balls up his fist, brings it back, and attempts to punch the citizen across the mouth." Basically, a lot of the citizens don't do very good /me's. Now to get what I wanted to say. I think we should do FalloutRP, it could be New Vegas, 3, or just our own custom canon. Some players here at CG came from the same community that I was at, Infusion Gaming. On FalloutRP it's new things every day, and it's not stale. Players did not rely on admins as near as much as they do on HL2RP, and there wasn't a lot of elitism because you could be walking around with a nice rifle and armor, then loose it in 15mins. It also had lots of PassiveRP and Action(?)RP, depending on what path you took. It was also 10x more stricter than CG, meaning there was little to no minges. The way IG pulled it off was good in some ways, but they could have done it differently so it would have been better. One major problem with FalloutRP was white knighting, but if CG pulls it off correctly, then we won't have that problem. If we were to focus mainly on player based groups, and not canon factions (like if we went with a New Vegas canon, then don't focus much on the NCR, focus more on PBG's for more RP), it would be better.

The point is, HL2RP is stale and we need a new gamemode, because as of now, HL2RP has low RP quality and is nearly the same thing everyday.

Now watch the hate come.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2012, 01:56:43 AM »
I'll bring this idea up to Kronic later too over steam. Also, read everything in my reply, as if you just read the first sentence and reply on that part only you will make yourself look silly.

Trash HL2RP. HL2RP is stale and the same stuff every single day. Players rely heavily on admins for role play (events and such). HL2RP is also flooded with minges daily, and on outlands the amount of minges go way down but people don't play there a lot for the most part. Whenever I get on the city server it is nearly the same thing every time, go on my unit and patrol, beat some citizens occasionally, detain some, and all of that. As for citizenRP, the RP possibilities are very slim, depending on what you do. Whenever you do begin to role play with another citizen, most of the time they are very new to serious role play or they are not good role players and just do "/me attempts to punch the guy." and not "/me balls up his fist, brings it back, and attempts to punch the citizen across the mouth." Basically, a lot of the citizens don't do very good /me's. Now to get what I wanted to say. I think we should do FalloutRP, it could be New Vegas, 3, or just our own custom canon. Some players here at CG came from the same community that I was at, Infusion Gaming. On FalloutRP it's new things every day, and it's not stale. Players did not rely on admins as near as much as they do on HL2RP, and there wasn't a lot of elitism because you could be walking around with a nice rifle and armor, then loose it in 15mins. It also had lots of PassiveRP and Action(?)RP, depending on what path you took. It was also 10x more stricter than CG, meaning there was little to no minges. The way IG pulled it off was good in some ways, but they could have done it differently so it would have been better. One major problem with FalloutRP was white knighting, but if CG pulls it off correctly, then we won't have that problem. If we were to focus mainly on player based groups, and not canon factions (like if we went with a New Vegas canon, then don't focus much on the NCR, focus more on PBG's for more RP), it would be better.

The point is, HL2RP is stale and we need a new gamemode, because as of now, HL2RP has low RP quality and is nearly the same thing everyday.

Now watch the hate come.

And FalloutRP is going to be any better? It is not the gamemode, it is the idiots that play the game. Either way, FalloutRP is shit.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2012, 02:00:27 AM »

Now watch the hate come.

And FalloutRP is going to be any better? It is not the gamemode, it is the idiots that play the game. Either way, FalloutRP is shit.

Depending on how CG pulls it off, yes it will be better. New things everyday, and the players won't have to rely on admins as much. There is also maps out there that are also really good, like rp_apocalapse
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal