Author Topic: rp_city45_catalyst_x1e VMF Release V2 (with 100% less drama)  (Read 3185 times)

Offline .:KFrohman:.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
rp_city45_catalyst_x1e VMF Release V2 (with 100% less drama)
« on: April 27, 2012, 02:48:17 AM »
Already asked permission of Oz, he's fine with this.

I'm here to present the VMF of x1e again, but this time without all the bullshit before. You might ask "why are you re-releasing it? We already have x1e".
It aint that simple. Back in March, I got bored and decided to finally fix up that shitty fuckstick that is the nexus (what with its' 33.65784 degree angles or some bullshit), and make it to 45 degrees.  This meant I had to essentially rebuild the entire front of the building and move shit around.

That's the main changes, there are other minor alterations too, including some work by Nicknero and Kiwiee. I can't remember who did what exactly, but most, if not all of their shit was in the Nexus.

There's been a few modifications to the map on a whole. Modifications to the catwalks (which really could be rebuilt, mainly the support beams as they're ugly as fuck), changes to the nexus front (I decided to include veran's doors SIDE NOTE: Sticking a glass texture on the inside causes a portal failure. It's not ideal unless you solve the issue).

Also a couple of changes to the sewer network, and I reset the passcode to the armoury so mappers can add their own.

Included is a BSP which you can just drop into GMod and see the changes for yourself. Can't remember if it's fullbright or not.
As I mentioned before, there's certain things you have to do to get this working, but, if the thread exists still, you can probably find it in there. You shouldn't be tackling this map unless you know what you're doing.

Known bugs:
Adding glass to the inside of the nexus front doors causes a portal glitch
RT Camera/Screen constantly misaligned. May need to redo the entire system.
Running the compiler on -final or telling the light_environment to soften the shadows by anything more than 5 will cause VRAD to die.

Download (VMF + BSP) - 7z format

I probably wont give technical support or check this thread often. Good luck.

Oh yeah, one more thing. As before, I request that the credits' textures remain as is (can be found in the old thread, just look through my posts), and that any future version you guys come up with, credit my name too. I don't mind if you add more credits.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:51:58 AM by .:KFrohman:. »

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: rp_city45_catalyst_x1e VMF Release V2 (with 100% less drama)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 05:02:24 AM »
its so pretty

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 05:13:41 AM »
Thanks for this. <3

I'll import my adjustments as necessary and recompile/pakrat it into a version that can be put on the server.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:39:48 AM »
Oh God... I mean seriously.. Citizens will act like God and surf up on the catwalks.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 10:26:18 PM »
Oh God... I mean seriously.. Citizens will act like God and surf up on the catwalks.

That's what admins are for.

its so pretty

I did say that it might be fullbright or otherwise incomplete.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 01:47:08 AM »
Hey, Looks like the new monkey, I mean mapper, made something. Here's a sticker.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 04:15:36 AM »
Hey, Looks like the new monkey, I mean mapper, made something. Here's a sticker.

Don't you ever talk about Frohman like that... just... NO... go to your room.

As for the map, plenty 'o' missing textures, but nice of you to release, none the less.
im bach

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »

Don't you ever talk about Frohman like that... just... NO... go to your room.

As for the map, plenty 'o' missing textures, but nice of you to release, none the less.

Most likely custom or L4D1/2. Would repost but :effort:
It's in the old thread.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 01:10:48 AM »
Yeah, I've got the textures from the old VMF - I'll pakrat them all together when necessary.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal