Author Topic: What is the real difference between a CCA Recruit and a CCA Officer?  (Read 9050 times)

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Here's my opinion, and I'll be frank.

The only thing that seperates a recruit from a trainer (OfC+) is about 20 seconds of Google Searches. Let any recruit who is well-versed in literary arts do some google-ing and he or she will be as good as is required of an Officer.
Want to fill that gap that we're suffering from between HC and recruits? Think about that approach. Wipe High Command completely. Any incumbent HC members who are mad can either fuck off or show their qualities to get the spot back. Find people who are decent writers and RolePlayers. Assess those people for leadership qualities. Have them study up on something they want to "train" recruits in. So, yeah. High Cummand, try that approach and I swear on my life you won't see worse results. You can't really enforce all these rules and regulations on a HC Officer when you yourselves have no more idea what you're doing than a fresh face would.

Simple as that. No formalities. No red-tape. Just do it.

There. Good day.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:03:42 AM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This would be perfect. Especially after just getting around to fixing the CCA after the reform.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I do think the wipe of the lower ranks was stupid and a waste of time.  Most problems would lie within the High Command.  Experience would be the main difference between the two, but I think that the High Command could use restructuring, not the lower ranks.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:42:29 PM by Jimmies »

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I have not seen a problem with the VICE High Command as I obviously run it and I never get told anything really important. I get told allot on radio about JURY which in my opinion needs some work. JURY should be the main focus as it is the base of the CCA. My units in VICE have taken it to understand that I will shoot them if they fuck up. I have told them and my officers. When I get more units I can finally get more projects done.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Ossus

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'll bump this 100%. I watched a CmD give breach training once and failed to properly instruct units. Two other units were shot for trying to correct the SeC IC'ly and Tried to tell him OOC as well. I would greatly advise a RE-Interview of some sort to gage all the High Command units and grade them on what they know about their position and so forth. Had some issues earlier with breaching as well when doing the correct breaching positioning the units failed to properly breach and then proceeded to blame myself. Just my part on all of this.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:02:33 AM by Ossus »

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I strongly agree with this. If the current High Command were to be wiped, it would lead units to leave the CCA.
How is that a good thing? We don't want units who wouldn't fight for their spot.

We used to go about promoting units by their training requirements. Unfortunately, that led to a downfall.

I hope to see this idea come into effect.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You hit the nail on the head, Jonco. What's the point in having HC who just lounges out when they reach that comfy rank? If they are good leaders, they'll show they have the balls to fight for their position.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Take it as a note: Stay true to your division.. I will never leave VICE. I love my guys I work with and I enjoy it all the time to build with them. I am not leaving til I finish my plan and my work. VICE is doing well, I am waiting for some new units to come in after their promotions.

I will not take any shit from anyone..
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Ossus

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I agree with Jonco, it feels really upsetting, to be honest, trying to correct someone on their fault and then hearing about how it was what their Instructor had taught them and that it is right, on top of that not being able to discuss openly about the subject considering quickly after they deny what has been said and continuing on. High Command is more than just a person who gives orders and teaches you things, its people who are Role Models for lower units and basically tells Units who dont know much, what is correct and what isn't.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I would have to agree with Bullet, I know I am late, but it matters not to me.  He was a great leader before, so he knows what he is doing and what he is saying.  There was once a time when HC did something, and when being a unit actually meant something, shit got done, and people listened to what they were told, or were punished accordingly.  There was once a time where units didn't fuck about, and when second chances were rare.  I want this back.  Some of the current HC is fucking around, not giving a damn about anything other than the fact that they command a division or something.  The current commanders?  I don't even know who they are, as I NEVER see ANY of them, they never input on anything, or do anything to benefit the CCA as a whole.  There was once a time where it took almost a month, maybe even two just to get promoted past 04.  Now we have, lol all training in one day, get promoted Friday.  What the fuck is this shit, Taco Bell?  No, it really isn't.  The CCA is a police force borderlining a paramilitary faction, so some goddamn respect for higher ranks, do as you are fucking told, don't be fucking lazy, and stop fucking about, it causes almost 70% of the issues I hear about.  Units cannot be assed to roleplay right, so they just meta or powergame, thinking that it don't matter, thinking, no one will know or care.  Well, news flash, A LOT OF PEOPLE CARE.  This is utter bullshit.  I say we make everything the way it was a year ago, that ACTUALLY WORKED.  And well I might add.  And before someone disputes my argument with some shit about the map, remember, good roleplay doesn't need visuals, just good writing and even better responses.  Stop lolpromoting units, stop begging for promotions, and stop the ass licking for all else, and just do it right.  Sometimes the best road to choose is the hardest one.  Shit was earned back then, not just handed out to the highest bidder.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:22:07 PM by Blackfur »

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What is the real difference between a CCA Recruit and a CCA Officer?
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 11:49:21 PM »
Whatever happens, I feel that ZEALOT should be left out of it. We're fine where we are and I believe that the base issue lies with the more densely populated divisions.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 12:06:31 AM »
You've reminded me of another issue by what you just posted.

The CCA's too diverse to be "partisan." This is a team effort and if you're thinking that your division isn't to blame for anything, you're part of the problem. This issue is on all of us, everyone is affected. Remember that. This isn't just an issue for more densely populated divisions. Remember that, Briggs.

That "we're fine just where we are" mentality will spell the doom of the CCA. A true leader will always be thinking about how long their organizations will last and how their decisions will turn out in the long run. Perhaps that "fatherly" thinking can save the CCA.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 12:35:17 AM »
In last month on HL2RP, where I spent approx. 20-25 hours each weekend, I maybe once saw SHIELD OfC, no next SHIELD HC. I saw few members of JURY High Command, but only about twice in this month. Only higher-ranked JURY I could play with was Jesusfreak's JURY-01.887. I am not sure if the HC members I have never seen are from different timezones cannot be an excuse. If there are not enough "slots" for OfC's from different timezones - there is a simple solution; increase the amount of OfC's or get rid of inactives. It is simply not fair - different timezone means no chance to meet a HC unit ingame?!

Tl;dr; SUPPORT. Please, do this. Do this!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:37:27 AM by Khubajsn »

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 12:38:56 AM »
What I mean is: ZEALOT doesn't take part in the affairs of other larger divisions. If there's an inactivity issue with HC, ZEALOT isn't involved because Raged stays active. If there's a leadership issue, then ZEALOT isn't involved because we handle our affairs when they come up. Wiping Raged from his post wouldn't solve anything since there isn't one who can take his post. (And frankly, I wouldn't want anyone to take his post. It'd throw off our mojo).

I'm all for a HC wipe, but wiping Raged from his post wouldn't solve anything for the CCA. But don't misunderstand, I'm for a HC wipe. Those Cmds that are inactive should be kicked.

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 12:43:23 AM »
+SUPPORT

Apart from the fact that I myself want a shot at being an 01-OfC, what the hell magic fairy world timezone do most HC Units live in where NO ONE EVER SEES THEM. Me and Khub, live in COMPLETELY OPPOSITE TIMEZONES and I barely ever see any HC Units either. These people aren't unseeable because they live in a different time zone, they're unseeable because they're inactive. They're not on.

Non existant.

Pass the torch to someone who's willing to actually be active and do something, you know who you are, and it's shameful to hold a position you're not going to use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal