Author Topic: Wesley Grimm's Authorization Application  (Read 1284 times)

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Wesley Grimm's Authorization Application
« on: April 25, 2012, 02:21:45 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Sheo
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4-5 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 1 or 2 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-Above average chemistry knowledge
-Mild firearms experience (Note: No formal training, just a bit of shooting for recreational hunting. Very common level knowledge and experience)
-Expertise in IEDs, everything from knowing what materials are needed, even from ordinary house hold chemicals, to how to construct them and handle them safely (Note: Safely WITHIN REASON of the current combustion agent being utilized, some are MUCH MUCH more unstable than others, and even something as light as friction can be hazardous - even deadly with the wrong agent.), and proper application of said IEDs.

Name: Wesley Grimm
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
From a young age Wesley had been entranced with fire. Something about it made him warm inside, the feel of the glow near his hands, the spark of the flint in a lighter at his fingertips. As he grew up, his friends thought playing with fire made him "Cool". As he grew up, his other friends would encourage it, seeing as playing with fire as cool, the young boys just passing through a phase. But Wesley did not. His affection for the flames stayed with him as he reached early adult hood, where he had his first encounters with fireworks.

Wesley suddenly found himself with a new hobby. He grew bored of playing with an aerosol can and a lighter, or other childish things that he occupied himself with. He already knew gunpowder created the explosion from the firework. But what WAS gunpowder? How was it made? What made some work better than others? Was it just more gunpowder? These are the questions that he asked himself, and as he reached high school, he was surprised to learn that Chemistry, Science, of all things, held the answer to his inquiries. He began studying it in depth, focusing his concentration on chemical reactions, and even more specifically on ones that created a build of pressure, and then later, as he grew older on ones that provided combustion.

Learning these things, he found that some of his friends shared the same interests in explosives as he did, and they shared many ideas such as better methods of creating pipebombs - and, as most boys will do, about somehow devising them to be more dangerous. The group broke up, and most of them became fearful of their own practice after Wesley blew his left middle finger off after bringing an amount of Potassium Chlorate made from bleach near a radiator. They were able to reattach the digit, but he was never able to bend it past the second knuckle ever again. This didn't seem to bother HIM as much as it did his friends. He saw it that he made a dumb mistake, and he payed the price for it. His philosophy ever since has been "An explosive can only be tamed by someone who is smarter than it."

He hasn't had a harmful accident since then. Sure, a few close calls, but never anything damaging. It was all part of the game. Playing with fire. It was his life. And he'd probably die doing it. After the combine invaded, all that changed was /why/ he was doing it. With the rebels and all sorts of other psychos around, he'd suddenly realized "Hey, there's some money to be made here. This guy wants an explosive, there's 80% of the population dead, so not that many people know the things that I do. Sell the guy a bomb, I get money, what he does with it is his own buisiness."

The only problem he has had is gathering materials that are often scarce or impure since the invasion. He seeks to remedy this problem soon, and bring his abilities into full motion.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
+Highly sought after abilities
+Profession quite easy to make profit in, providing he has the tools and materials he needs.
+IEDs are quite efficient devices, especially if a method of radio transmitted detonation, meaning the user does not need to be in the immediate area to carry out a lethal attack. Slow burning fuses are also an option, and can be made 'somewhat' readily.

Defects
-Extremely high value target if his merchandise falls into rebel hands (Which it likely will)
-Extremely high value target for groups like The Pact when they learn that he has absolutely no interest in joining them
-Some IED's, especially plastic base ones are just plain DANGEROUS to handle. Wesley runs this risk of killing himself if he's handling them in large quantities. Also, HE doesn't even have to make the mistake. Someone AROUND him can do something stupid and kill them both if he's working with explosives, which can lead to him being annoyed, and quite rude if some 'idiot' barges in on his workshop while he has volatile agents being worked with.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Either join JURY or another resistance based group and supply them with IED's when they need them, providing they provide me with a workshop, money, and a respected position within their community, OR stay freelance, earn enough money to pay a few guards and run an independant IED workshop and cater to the highest bidder.

The latter course of action would leave him highly exposed to groups that don't enjoy his operation being ran. (Namely the combine, or The Pact)

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
OOCly, I know how every explosive that I will be creating is made, the RP with be THOROUGH and precise, and documented for EVERY explosive that leaves my workshop will be screenshotted, and dated, covering: How he got the materials, the entire process of creation of the IED, and then who it was sold to, in case I ever need to provide proof of one of my devices being legitimately created. I've played a role much like this one before in an RP server, and it worked out wonderfully. I hope to bring the same here.

Another note: I DO know not to lolfind IC items. Everything about these authorizations will be thoroughly roleplayed, even down to the gathering of materials.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:53:23 AM by Sheo »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Wesley Grimm's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 02:45:01 AM »
This application is well written and covers your requested authorisations. Your overall standard of RP is more than suitable for having this role, therefore I'll be supporting this.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Wesley Grimm's Authorization Application
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 02:37:15 AM »
Accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal