Author Topic: [OPEN] <:: Civil Administration - Applications - Cycle 8 ::>  (Read 4104 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[OPEN] <:: Civil Administration - Applications - Cycle 8 ::>
« on: April 20, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »
-snip-
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:45:31 AM by garry :D »

Offline [RRP-O] The Cyberrabbi

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [OPEN] <:: Civil Administration - Applications - Cycle 8 ::>
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 11:15:51 PM »
<The Cyberrabbi> 's City Administrator application

What is your CA's name? (All CAs' names start with Dr.) (This is any name, Not citizens name)
My CA's name would be Doctor Amanda Romano.

Twenty years old.

Do you have past experience? If so then where?
In regards to my past experience: If you mean roleplaying experience, I rped as Doctor Elumana Romano on ShhRP around three years ago, eventually even leading the CA's for a while. As far as generalized RP experience: I've RPed in various fashions for around seven years as well as some Gmod RP on and off for around five years.

How long have you played Catalyst-Gaming: Half-life 2 roleplay?
I will have been on the Catalyst-Gaming: Half-life 2 roleplay server almost three weeks now this Sunday. I am aware this is less than the "requirement", but given that I am also a gold member and have hopefully proven myself a capable role player, I hope you will look past that for me.

How many hours do you spend a day on the server? (When it is up)
I currently spend on average around five or six hours on the server a day. Whenever my volunteer career at my college goes through, I will probably be a bit busy, but I fully intend to get on every day.

Are you available on weekends and in American time and early/late European time?
I am available on weekends and in American time and I believe late European time.

Do people consider you a good roleplayer?
I like to think people consider me a good roleplayer. I've received various compliments in my time as a roleplayer.

Are you a good listener?
I believe I listen well, yes.

Do you have good grammar?
I believe my grammar is satisfactory for this position, so yes.

Have you ever been banned?
I have never been banned on this server no. On Shh Roleplay I had been framed by a person that happened to not like me personally, so the ban was revoked. I have never been permanently banned.

Do you know HL canon inside and out.
In regards to knowing Half Life canon, I wouldn't say "inside and out", but in regards to the society in which we live in, the politics, rules, etc., I believe I am well educated on it yes.

Write a 5 paragraph backstory of your character that reveals their qualifications for the position (One paragraph = 4 sentences)

Amanda (and her twin sister Eyalune) was born on the November 21st 1990 to an upper middle class family in Austin, Texas. Her father was a commodities trader for an oil company, and her mother was a part time nurse at the city mental hospital. It was a fine life, as they were kind and gentle, and still managed to spend time with her The only negative aspect one could say is that life felt un-fulfilling to Amanda. Though her father was a kind and generous man, he would frequently lament that he didn’t feel he could do more for the world, feeling trapped. Eyalune was always the “kind child”, always comforting her father and listening to her mother. Unfortunately, she had fairly severe dyslexia, and thus she could barely read, but her family was wealthy enough to get her special classes to make sure her education did not suffer. In spite of being her twin, Amanda never struggled with reading. Rather Amanda's issue was motivation to learn and act in ways she deemed "useless". Though she was not a cruel child, she had difficulty having the mercy and compassion her sister had, but she had a strict belief in truth, honesty, responsibility, and honor. In spite of their differences, the sisters respected each other and were each other’s best friends.

Amanda struggled in school, mainly finding it hard to be motivated to learn things she’d never use, for things that helped no one. She was always intrigued with the concepts of law and order, thus she felt there was no need to learn such useless things as “geography”. Regardless, she pushed through it and graduated magna cum laude from her high school, achieving a full ride scholarship to the University of Texas to study Law. She quickly became disenfranchised with the concept of the American legal system, and shifted her focus to philosophy and ethics, eventually reaching a master in ethical studies. Unfortunately, as she was studying to try and achieve her Ph.D., the war happened, and she was forced into hiding. She, like most people, was a bit traumatized and confused by the destruction.

The first thing Amanda attempted to do after the dust settled was track down her sister Eyalune. Given that she was consistently moved, she would try and receive a tip where she was, and spend a month or so endearing herself to the local officers in the hopes of getting transferred closer and closer to her. It seemed like a wild goose chase, finding the trail and losing it, but through it all she was impressed by the honor and integrity of the CCA. Sure, some were a bit gruff, and there’s always a bad apple, but as she learned and got to know them better, she realized the sacrifice and struggles each unit went through anonymously. She also saw how the citizens feared and hated them, failing to realize how much they do for them daily, with little to no thanks. Even if Amanda wasn’t sure of this new world, she could see the good it could do, and in the very least she saw how people’s fear lead to hatred, and that hatred violence, thus creating an unending cycle. She knew she had to find her sister.

When she arrived to the city she found it was too late. Her sister had been amputated by orders of Doctor (at the time) House, for being imperfect. At first she was crushed, suddenly feeling that hatred she had pitied in others, feeling the hot brand of fury at the injustice of it all. She rejected all the lessons she swore herself never to forget about being ethical and kind, to forgive others in spite of their sins against her. Inside her heart an empty blackness stirred, as her best friend and only living family member was torn away from her.

Then she got the letter… She went to Eyalune’s apartment at the CCH, hidden inside the bed cushion, sewed inside, as they used to do as children to hide things from their parents. The letter exclaimed that Eyalune knew she walked to her death, but did it any way with no sadness or fear, as she felt that hatred towards this world begat hatred. She exclaimed that if her sister, Amanda, was ever to find this, she wanted her to forgive House, and the CCA. She wanted her to continue her dream to slowly bring peace to the world, by curing that hatred that plagued both sides of this society. Silent tears flowed down Amanda’s face, moved by her sister’s compassion, and shame at her own hatred, opposite of what her sister wanted. She resolved to help the CA’s as much as she could, using her wisdom and education to help in any way possible, from lead assistant, to an actual administrator, she resolved to do her best to bring peace to this torn world, or at the very least, peace to the hearts and minds of some of its confused, and battered citizens.

Accepted! This was a really well written backstory and it clearly demonstrates the reasons that your character is seeking a career in Civil Administration. Welcome to the Civil Administration Board!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:56:39 PM by OzJackal »

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
<Tapir's> 's City Administrator application

What is your CA's name?Doctor Viktor Oslov

Do you have past experience? If so then where?I have no past experience as a CA. I've been Seriously Roleplaying for 2 years.

How long have you played Catalyst-Gaming: Half-life 2 roleplay?About a Month now. (I've already gone through two recruits. HA.)

How many hours do you spend a day on the server?a lot. Too many. Probably less once the school year starts, mabye one or two a day, every day or other day, if i dont have too much school work or stuff.

Are you available on weekends and in American time and early/late European time?Yes.

Do people consider you a good roleplayer?I sure hope so, I try.

Are you a good listener?Yes.

Do you have good grammar?Yes.

Have you ever been banned?Not from CG.

Do you know HL canon inside and out.I can never say I know  everything, but I like to think I have a comprehensive understanding.

Write a 5 paragraph backstory of your character that reveals their qualifications for the position (One paragraph = 4 sentences)

Viktor was born into ???????????[Chernarus], during the cold war. His family never had much, he lived in poverty for the duration of his childhood. Life in the wilderness was not easy for him, he lived in the middle of the Russian Wilderness, because his family had no real home. As he grew older, he learned to hunt for his own food in the woods, and he became a very strong and resilient man. His life changed on one fateful day, when his family went to visit the city for the fair, on his Fifteenth birthday.

When they came into the city of ?????????????? [Elektrovadosk], to celebrate the fall of the Russian dictator, they all intended to celebrate and enjoy free food. Instead, Viktor came upon the higher education institute of ??????????????[Elektrovadosk], the only High School for hundreds of miles, and he instantly fell in love. Of course, he could not enroll, considering he was already 15, and had no formal schooling, but from that day forward, he pledged he would become a teacher, and teach students the important things they needed to know.

The day he turned 18, he waved goodbye to his home in the woods, and began working towards gaining the skillset required to be a High School teacher. He taught himself all that he needed to know, over the period of 4 years. He used various public librarys en-route to moscow, over 1000 miles away. then he enrolled in the ?????????? ??????????????? ??????????? ????? ?. ?. ?????????? [Lomonosov Moscow State University]. After completing the proper courses, he taught high school in ?????????? [Chernogorsk]. Soon after proving his talent, he returned to ?????????? [Lomonosov] to teach Biology, his history in hunting leading him there.

Sooner rather than later though, his teaching talents were noticed. He was drafted to work at The University of London. He was required to learn english, and he did, because the pay was three times as great as at the University of Moscow. He was the first Chernarussian to ever teach university outside of Russia, and he was excited to begin his classes. He tought biology, and was required to take courses of his own, by the school board. He soon found he had a passion for the social sciences, and after gaining the ability to teach that, he began teaching it as well.

He'd been teaching Social Sciences for only one year when the Resonance Cascade began. And after a year of relocations, near death experiences, and all kinds of stories for another date, he found himself in City 45. Once he got there, he decided that for the best of his survival, he would attempt to become a City Administrator. He did have an advanced degree in social sciences, Something which he figured the Combine could use, in a CA team. Therefore, he worked his way up, and looked for a position as CA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Modified because backstory didn't go
And...the russian characters arent working. Pretend all the weird smileyfaces are russian letters.

Unfortunately this application has not been successful due to a lack of detail in the backstory.

Post Auto-Merged: August 19, 2012, 06:22:31 PM
Oz, could you please accept my friend request so we can discuss this detail more? I wnt to improve so my next app gets accepted.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 06:22:31 PM by Tapir? »

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 08:15:59 PM »
Turian Councilor / Moon 's City Administrator application

What is your CA's name? (All CAs' names start with Dr.) (This is any name, Not citizens name) Dr. Charlotte Dawn

Do you have past experience? If so then where? I was selected as Revolt Gaming's only civil administrator before it shut down.

How long have you played Catalyst-Gaming: Half-life 2 roleplay? 5-6 months I'd say.

How many hours do you spend a day on the server? (When it is up) I took a break recently but normally around 1-3.

Are you available on weekends and in American time and early/late European time? On weekends and occasional week days, I am available until 3-4 am BST.

Do people consider you a good roleplayer? I'd like to think so.

Are you a good listener? Yes, I am.

Do you have good grammar? Yes, I believe I do, it's to the point where if I can't spell a word I'd like to use, I tab out and google the spelling.

Have you ever been banned? Nope.

Do you know HL canon inside and out. I know the canon quite well.

Charlotte Dawn was born into a very upper class family and lived in the highest manner of living, in England. She was completely spoiled, her dad a successful business owner and her mother was a Doctor until they managed to attain enough money to comfortably retire for a long period of time. When she reached the age for schooling, her entry to school was actually delayed as her parents argued on which private school was best for her. They eventually reached a decision and sent her to a fairly local school but personally ensured she received only the best education with occasional visits from private tutors, this, combined with her natural talents made her quite an intellectual girl.

She eventually finished her schooling and moved on, her parents deeming Oxford University as the best available option. Along with the help of her professors and private tutoring, she managed to achieve a doctorate in Psychology around six years later. Her initial decision to study it caused quite a bit of controversy as her interest for it was not public however it was suitable in terms of wages for her to sustain herself, and her parents would support her when she was starting out. With money from her parents she started her own psychologists and used her income to pay off any remaining university debts that her parents hadn't managed to pay off, which annoyed her. She moved out of her flat and into something more comfortable as her business began to boom, she began to live as upper class as she had when she was a child, and she loved it.

As she became more and more famous, and well known, she raised the pricing to see her per hour, beginning to treat and spoil herself increasingly. She developed a drinking addiction as she would drink wine frequently and very nearly developed a smoking addiction, managing to stop herself as she refused to endanger herself with lung cancer. Despite being stuck up and snobby, she genuinely did care about others underneath and was quite good at reaching into people's minds and helping them, by designating and aiding them to solve their problems. She resided in her house when she wasn't working quite comfortably up until the time period of the combine invasion.

It was on one particular morning when she awoke to find her house wasn't heated, incredibly annoyed at this, she decided to ring up and complain however only to find that her phone had stopped working and her mobile had no reception, odd. She got dressed and grumpily drove to work except.. her work wasn't there. The building was in rubble and so was the city, and the only buildings she could see were metal walls of some sort in the distance. She was smarter to drive right for them but the mix of fear and surprise, perhaps even curiosity compelled her to keep going forward. She was nearing them as an explosion triggered by a cannon of sorts flipped the car, knocking Charlotte unconscious and giving her a slight amnesia. She awoke to the loud noise of a train horn, some 'food' and 'water' lying next to her, she reached out for it before she heard a voice near her,
"Don't drink that, it makes you forget." She looked around for the voice, spotting a man sitting down near a bench, she shook her head and took a sip and noticed nothing, she kept on drinking. He was lying, she could remember everything, she was Charlotte Dawn, 32, she lived in England, wherever she was now and she worked at.. she.. she couldn't remember. She desperately fumbled around and found her card, but that was all she had.. unless this suitcase next to her contained anything. She opened it up and found a little capsule of wine, her doctorate and and a brown suit. Rather confused, she shut it and picked it up, walking towards a checkpoint occupied with metro police officers.
"Charlotte Dawn, right?" He pointed towards her with his stun stick and she froze.
"Y-Yeah.. why? Where am I?".
The unit called behind him and another unit came forward, "Follow me." Any attempts she made to question her location or purpose here were quelled but on the way she noticed signs labeling the place as City seventeen, as well as seeing an unfamiliar man on multiple large television screens, identifying himself as Doctor Breen, broadcast over an entire city - not bad.

Eventually she was led into a large building filled with other people, they all had brown suits on. She was greeted with a friendly, however sinister voice.
"Welcome to our establishment, Charlotte. I presume you know where you are. We are the administration council, appointed by Doctor Breen to overlook the city for him, and make the occasional broadcast for our loyal citizens. We found you had a doctorate in psychology and you are being trialed to join us." She couldn't do more than nod, it was taking a while to take it all in, slowly regaining her memory with each passing day. She served in the ministry of Ethics, overseeing construction, living conditions, things like that. Just when she was nearing promotion to a full City Administrator, the network failed, probably due to resistance network attacks but they would never admit it publicly. Everything on her record as a minister was gone, she didn't exist in terms of the administration council. Before she could go and regain her position, she was given a relocation coupon, probably due to the attack but they wouldn't tell her why.

Packed onto a train and relocated to city forty-five, she missed upper class life and desired, lusted for her previous life and also to pursue her abruptly paused career in psychology, she applied for the City Administration position and avidly awaits a response.

Accepted! Your writing style will serve you well during your stay in the Civil Administration office but please remember to properly capitalize the city names in your speeches.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:06:38 AM by OzJackal »

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 05:43:24 AM »
EmperorDisaster 's City Administrator application

What is your CA's name? (All CAs' names start with Dr.) (This is any name, Not citizens name)Doctor Romero Andres (ANN-DREY-AS)

Do you have past experience? If so then where?Yep, I've had 2 previous CA's, first was removed because of a mingery thing I did, but I was trusted with a second, which I removed because I didn't want to start a character I hadn't played as in ages right in the middle of his story.

How long have you played Catalyst-Gaming: Half-life 2 roleplay?Since 11th of August 2011.

How many hours do you spend a day on the server? (When it is up)I haven't been able to play much as of late due to internet problems, but now I'm back up and running and will be on a lot more often.

Are you available on weekends and in American time and early/late European time?Yep, those times work better for me.

Do people consider you a good roleplayer?I think so, I try to input as much detail as possible into my applications.

Are you a good listener?Listening is one of the main objectives of being a good RPer in the HL2RP universe.

Do you have good grammar?Yes, and I often get frustrated when I have a grammatical error.

Have you ever been banned?Nope, not according to my record.

Do you know HL canon inside and out.Yes, Half Life was my childhood game and I've researched the backstory many times.

In a small Spanish village, far west of Barcelona, a child is born every minute... Some would be destined to do great things, others, perhaps not. But one child had a future of neither bad nor good fate. It would be his decision in the end as to if his life was really done greatly. This child was born Romero Ameriari (AM-EAR-EE-AR-EE), with his mother Maria. The village was not one of poverty, but not of riches. His childhood up until aged 6 seemed mediocre. He helped on a small farm gathering easy to obtain crops and spreading food out for the animals. Suddenly, on his 7th birthday, Romero was informed that his mother had been seeing a man for months on end, and they were moving to America for a better life. His name was Alejandro Andres, he worked for the Fox corporation and was working overseas. He met Maria in a small bar in Barcelona, and decided to marry her the day after Romero's birthday.

Once the wedding was over, Romero's name was now Romero Andres. He'd learned fluent English in a boarding school he had been sent to in America, and became exceedingly good in Science, Math, and sociology. By the time his 18th birthday came around, he decided with his straight A results that he would apply for Harvard and get into Science and Sociology. He wanted to become a psychiatrist so it would require a lot of studying. His social life was going alright, as he'd made a few friends, and even managed to hold a relationship together till she dumped him on his 21st birthday. His university years were over and he'd left with a masters degree in human social, mental and physical health.

His next task at hand was to find a job. He'd looked everywhere but eventually gained a position at the New York Hope Hospital, central of the entire city. He worked as a psychiatric doctor among patients rehabilitating themselves into society. In his spare time he did some studies into the human mind and all its functions. His research was written in notes which he planned to write as a novel and get the book published. Penguin publishing agreed to publish his novel "Doctor Romero: The Brain in All Its Glory" for a sum of $2,000. He raised money from his salary and subtracted it from the cash he usually spent on himself. The book wasn't exactly a huge hit, but it was well known amongst the science community. The criticism from his novel meant that Romero was determined to give up his career and pursue a career of a novelist. Finally, at the age of 27, he published his final book "Romero Andres vs The Mind", which was known simply as his most inspirational book ever, yet its controversy against religion lead him to be one of the most hated men amongst the religious communes.

On the day of the war, Romero was taking a stroll through the streets, when suddenly, he saw it... the skies... they tore, shredded and opened up revealing an armada of ships in the skies, they fired onto the streets as everyone ran for cover... 6 hours later, Romero was hidden in a small empty car. Upon getting out, he saw the rubble and dust left in the streets, and then... a gas masked man?
"Hello!" he called out. "I need help, do you know what's going on?" Suddenly, against his back, he felt the cold barrel of a magnum pistol, and heard a voice, clearly human.
"You atheist bastard... your kind did this... God could've saved us... but you have forsaken us... I'LL KILL Y-" was all the mysterious assailant could say before the masked figure shot him point blank, between the eyes. He walked to Romero and hit him with an electric baton, instantly rendering him unconscious... Only one sentence floated around his mind... "Welcome to our new world order..."

"Welcome to our new world order." spoke the rebels, convincing Romero to join them. "It's gonna be good, we can take down the Combine and end this war once and for all." spoke a bearded man, wearing a small beanie on his head.
"City 27 has been good to me, the officers here are good people. Why would I throw it all away?" replied Romero.
"Well, you could get more than they're dishing out. You could see the sunlight once more, see the flowers grow, hear children's laughter."
"Children were never my strong point... What are your main plans?"
"Well, we plan to take down the main structure of the Nexus thanks to our demolitions guy. He's equipping his stuff at the moment in the base back in the slums."
"Good... good."
Suddenly, the woman stood at the man's side dropped her cigarette and spoke. "So, you in?"
"No..." replied Romero "But the authorities are."
The rebels gasped as Romero produced a small request device from his pocket, the light in the center was glowing, meaning this had all be broadcast to the officers. Several ran to the scene, gunned down the rebels and went into the slums. Romero could hear the sound of cries. He tried not to seem to scared by the fact 5 people were killed today. Killed or murdered? He though... he tried to dismay anti-union thoughts.
"Well done citizen... could you report to my office in 5 minutes? Tell another officer to let you in... we have things to discuss." spoke the deep gruffled voice... Killed or murdered? Definitely murdered... You let them die...

The office was chilled, and sent goosebumps spreading all over Romero's skin. The officer took of his mask revealing nothing but machinery in the top right corner of his head. He sipped his cup of tea as he dropped the mug onto the desk and looked to Romero.
"We've been doing background checks into your previous lines of work," You killed them all... "And have seen that you were previously a psychiatric doctor... Most impressive."
"Thank you, sir." Spoke Romero, the murderer...
"And, a recent administrative position has opened up in City 45," Innocent people, helping save the world... "And we have informed the Union of your qualifications, as you can tell, they were most intrigued and have considered your addition to the team."
"Would this mean a transfer?"  You evil bastard...
"Of sorts yes."
"Should I pack?"
"Not necessary, you citizen attire is not up to standard. Your train departs in half an hour, so feel free to say your goodbyes."

Well, the train was pulling into City 45 and the guards sat next to him stood as the checkpoint officer arrived.
"Alright... let's see who's aboard today." Spoke the slighter higher toned voice. "Citizen, name and CID..."
"Romero Andres, and-"
"Oh! Mr Andres! We've been expecting you!" said the now happy officer. He cut Romero's ties and walked him to the Nexus. "Can we get you anything at all?"
"Er, no thanks, I feel ok."
"Alright, just don't hesitate to ask. Oh, and here's your suit, have fun." said the officer, throwing a neatly pressed suit over to him. Romero felt relaxed in this office... Yep... it was gonna be a good life... But how long can you suppress the memory of your evils...?

Accepted! Your backstory is very detailed and is exactly what I'm looking for in candidates. With that being said, I am investing my trust in you to play your character on a regular basis and I hope that a repeat of the first incident won't occur.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:15:12 AM by OzJackal »
im bach

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 03:18:06 AM »
< Insert steam name here > 's City Administrator application

What is your CA's name? (All CAs' names start with Dr.) (This is any name, Not citizens name) Dr. Heinrich Schlitz.

Do you have past experience? If so then where? I dont have any.
How long have you played Catalyst-Gaming: Half-life 2 roleplay? 4 to eight months.

How many hours do you spend a day on the server? (When it is up) four to ten hours.

Are you available on weekends and in American time and early/late European time? I am available on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, And a few hours on Saturday.

Do people consider you a good roleplayer? Yes.

Are you a good listener? Yes.

Do you have good grammar? Yes.

Have you ever been banned? No.

Do you know HL canon inside and out. I play Hl2 everyday and look at the back story and research the wiki page.

Heinrich was born in the late 20th century to a Upper-power class,His mother was a Brain surgeon and His father was a Wall Street broker, When he was 5 Heinrich was sent to Russia for private tutoring, His teacher a man named Yuri Slavdrapov, He was mean man to Heinrich but he thought him to learn and to spell and read, Heinrich was 17 when was sent to Oldfield Ivy-league University which was a few miles from his home, He slept in very clean dorm which had the smell of China which Heinrich took a vacation too, Heinrich was thought many things about the Brain and particles and many more, His favorite was the one were he took chemistry, And after months and days of work he knew that his brain would be ready for hard working science even if it killed him.

Heinrich was now worthy enough of a PHD in medical history, He realized that if he could find a new way to use medicine then he could basically solve the worlds problems, He introduced a new way of lobotomy which he solved with a dummy and a few items, He slipped a railway spike trough the dummy head and then told them about Phineas Gage and how he had a railway spike trough his head too, And told them that his personality was changed when the spike went trough, So he used a lobotomy tactic and was able to reattach his brain if the parts were found.

Heinrich was given the PHD and was then awarded with a Doctor of Science doctorate which was one of the higher doctorates, Heinrich worked so hard for the award he even read most of his books about medicine to get it most of his sweat and blood fell into this award, And when he graduated he even was able to get a job interview for a psychiatric job in medicine, He was sent to Oldfield asylum one the most Highly mental distraught holding building in the country, The boss of him was Heinrich's idea of a: "Sadistic Authoritarian figure of the building." Heinrich was please to meet his boss and told him about his position and the boss said "Well get started on you work then your going to Area 2." Heinrich walked to Area 2 it was hell and he knew it so he walked into the building and entered a room which a man was in there for being mentally distraught, The man was fond of Heinrich and was a friend of his for a few months where Heinrich slowly but successfully helped guide the man to a better part.

Physics: He quited his job from the asylum and got a job as as theoretical physicist, His job was to prove the Multiverse theory, He never knew that Xen existed but when the portal storms would start then he would be able to prove it, So his co-workers tried to help him with the equation but it did not add up, He needed proof of a parallel universes and he knew how to get it, Heinrich started reading about black holes and found the greatest theory he ever discovered, "What if black holes are the entrances to the Multiverse universes?" "How do you know that if the black holes were entrances?" "Its a theory i mean nobody has came into a black hole and told the tale, But it will only work if we can use our minds." "Multiverses are unlimited in both small and big differences, Like someone would fall or not fall, Or someone would screw up a military operation and blow up the world, Its just a matter of time."

Author: Heinrich's first book was: Authoritarianism at its finest which was about totalitarian leaders and their reasons for getting into totalitarianism  His second book was: TT which was about a way to heal people and stop stress which was just a theory where the hand was 1 inch above the body, And it worked and Heinrich was given a Emmy for the documentary and made another book as he was just starting, But his third book was never started and this was the reason.

3 minutes after the Black mesa incident: Howard was looking out the apartment window with his pen and paper making the third book and noticing the clouds start to go dark and storms starting, Heinrich was not a geologist but he knew that this would be bad, The Portal storm ravaged the city and dropped Xen lifeforms into the city, Heinrich was calm he knew that if he just sat down and watch TV then he would be Ok, Howard looked out and started to mumble something along the lines of: "you know i could use this to prove my Multiverse theory." Heinrich ran out of the apartment and took his Rolls Royce out of town were he needed to escape, The car was dead and he needed to find shelter.

Heinrich ran 3 miles away from the city and took a nap in a abandoned caravan, When he woke up a day later he saw the city ravaged by the Portals, He made it to a Civil Protection checkpoint , a Combine officer pointed a gun at him and Heinrich what he was told, The combine officer gestured him to a Train and he got on, As the only passenger on the train he knew that his strong point would not break, He took a book to read and read it while he waited, After reading the book he took a shower and was then given a Citizen Boiler suit and a Citizen CID, After getting off the train and reaching city 59 he was ordered to go to the Nexus which was a few miles away from him, Heinrich reached his destination and was sent to the lobby, A Officer told him: "You are a particle physicist and a psychiatrist  are you not?" Heinrich then replied: "I am a psychiatrist and a particle physicist." The Officer then said "We need men like you in our line of work, Men with your potential can help the Combine and we need someone like you." Heinrich then said: "I know i have the potential." The Officer then said: "Fine your train is going to city 45 were you will stay good luck sir." Heinrich gave him a snappy salute and said "I best go before i need to wait any longer." Heinrich was put in the train and looked at the CP units come on to the train, The unit said to Heinrich: "Citizen name and Citizen identification." Heinrich then replied: "Heinrich Schlitz.  #10350" The CP then said: "Oh you are Heinrich, We were looking for you and we will guide you to city 45." Heinrich looked stern and said: "The officer said that they needed me but for what?" The CP then gestured to the Commanding officer of the unit and she said "Well now you are going in the train and you will be sent to city 45 to help with the administration, I hope that suits you." Heinrich looked at them with disbelief and said "I thought i was just getting recruited and now i am being a Civil administrator, I think i will stay on the train and wait until i go to City 24 were i will start my new job." The Commanding officer then told him: "It will be a few hours so dont get giddy." She pointed the Units to the train doors and left.

Heinrich reached City 45 and looked around after he got outside, The memorial was dark and the Nexus was bright as day, A Cp officer then looked at Heinrich and said: "Apply." Heinrich told the officer: "Heinrich Schlitz #10350.", The officer then told him: "Hello sir we were expecting you, please follow me." The officer took him to the Nexus lobby were he was told to wait and read a UU Branded Book, After extensive researching he knew that the Combine were really interesting and a helpful hand, He looked at the people outside in the Nexus, They were disappointing and malnourished they did not care for life or food all they wanted was redemption and salvation, Howard knew that if the people didn't want to live then they would kill themselves and that would be bad business for the Combine, He thought of ways that the Combine could fix the problem and be awarded with work and labor for the Citizens, But working for food and not money, The Cp came back with a application for him to write, He wrote down everything and was made Civil Administrator.

Heinrich put his feet on the desk and looked around looking happy, He shook his head up and down with a smile on his face, Howard looked at the screen which had nothing on, Heinrich was starting to laugh, "This could be beneficial for both the Combine and me." Heinrich was starting to go dull and started twitching, "What to do now?" Heinrich ceased twitching and then went to get something to eat, He walked down the corridor and fixed his tie, He took a can of water and then walked into the office were he was staying, Heinrich never felt like this, His mind was getting to him and he needed a break.

This application has been denied due to a number of grammatical and punctuation errors in the backstory.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:35:17 AM by Howard Biggs »

Offline The Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 12:36:55 AM »
The Sage's City Administrator application

What is your CA's name? (All CAs' names start with Dr.) (This is any name, Not citizens name)

Dr. Joseph Monroe

Do you have past experience? If so then where?
Generalized RP: Two years of experience.
As a CA: A few months at a community called 'Roleplayers United' which has since faded out.

How long have you played Catalyst-Gaming: Half-life 2 roleplay?
Overall, about a year. I joined back in 2011.

How many hours do you spend a day on the server? (When it is up)
I'm very busy but when I get a chance to get on I like to spend Two to Four hours on it at the least.

Are you available on weekends and in American time and early/late European time?
Yes.

Do people consider you a good roleplayer?
They do, I'm a very detailed roleplayer and almost never slip up on my spelling or grammer.

Are you a good listener?
Yes I am.

Do you have good grammar?
Yes I do.
Have you ever been banned?
Never.
Do you know HL canon inside and out.
I know it like the back of my hand.

Joseph Monroe was born in a gated high class community located in Western Scotland, his father was a modest but highly successful Politician in the area, and his mother was the owner of a franchised coffee shop. A side-effect of this was Joseph getting anything and everything he wanted, which surprisingly wasn't much. He had inherited his father's modest personality, but it blended with his mother's 'I want to rule the world' attitude The end result being a bread basket of traits that made Joseph who he was. When Joseph was starting school his parents' afforded him the best education they could buy, which ended in him knowing more then the student four grades ahead of him. His intelligence, however, was a social weakness. Whenever  he was at school, he'd remain quiet, and reserved. He'd observe his peers acting like fools, yelling at each other, or laughing at things that didn't quiet make sense. All the while he just sat in the back and watched, wondering how it was that he wasn't like them, how he acted..More refined. He chalked it up to his social status, and his intelligence, but his curiosity of the human mind and how it acted only grew from there.

When he finished High School at the young age of 18, he spared no time to rest and enjoy the fact that he was out of grade school. No, instead he had his parents' loan him some money so he could go to a University located in Germany. He had studied world history, and realized that a lot of the smartest people in the world went to school in Germany. As such, he wanted to gain the knowledge that they had. It was very expensive for him to get the same high class teachings he had always received, but he still got it, this lead to him becoming a master of the mind, and through teachings and experience, a master of the tongue and written word. He studied Politics, how they worked and how to operate as one, he also earned a degree in psychology,  the study of the mind, and ethics.

After all was said and done, he had been in school for twelve years before he earned a Doctorate in psychology, a PhD in Political Science, and Ethics. After this he decided to settle in Germany, where he used his degree in Psychology to start up a business, which earned him great amounts of money. He was able to live a privileged life, although he wasn't satisfied, he wanted people to see his point of view. Naturally the best way to do this was for him to write a book, labeled 'Underneath the Underneath.' The book was a fictional story about a man who had to uncover a conspiracy and reveal it to the local government, the book itself had heavy undertones, which ironically could only be picked up on if you read underneath the underneath.

Three years later, the Resonance Cascade began, the city he was in was barricaded, soldiers placed on the borders, they allowed no one to leave, when asked why they would often say something like, “You don't want to know what's on the other side of these gates.” Although everyone knew the stories, a science lab had a breakthrough which resulted in portals sucking up alien life-forms and throwing them onto Earth. The Governments of the world claimed it was under control, but then /they/ came.

It was an average day on city lock-down, Joseph was looking out the window, he was reflecting on the Resonance Cascade, and how one simple mistake lead to world-wide turmoil. Then, the skies seemed to tear as UFO's appeared, they looked almost organic, they used weapons never seen before to decimate the military presence in the city. Joseph had tried to block his door with a wardrobe next to it, however it didn't stop the gas-masked men as they kicked open the door, knocking over the wardrobe with it and running in, Joseph was still looking out the window, when he turned to the noise, the world went black.

He awoke on the train, putting his hand on his fore-head as he looked around, he noticed some food and water, but decided against eating and drinking when he heard a man tell someone other then himself that it “Made you forget.” He tried to stand but sat back down when his back was strained, it was clear that when he hit the ground, he hit it hard. He noticed a suit-case next to him, opening it he examined the contents. There was the copy of his book he had been given prior to it's public release, and a brown suit, he was confused, but accepted it, he shut the suitcase and picked it up, for the first time he felt fear, 'Fear of what?' he wondered, was it the unfamiliar situation? The fact that everyone wore similar clothes, and that the train bore signs of attack? Or was it..Wait, he remembered why he was afraid. Yes, his city had been attacked by an unknown military force, and he was knocked out by a soldier. He felt something in his pocket, pulling it out, he saw a picture of him, his name, and something called a 'CID' which was a random jumble of numbers.

He went to a check-point, where men that wore uniforms similar to the ones the soldiers that kicked down his door wore, stood. He approached them, they spoke, “Name and CID.” He spoke his name and CID, trying to remain calm in this situation. One of them looked it up on some kind of device, then spoke, “Joseph Monroe, your expected somewhere. Come with me.” All he could do was nod, and walk calmly with them, in reality his mind was going faster then it ever had before, he wondered if he had done something, if they were going to throw him in a prison, or worse. He entered a large building, and was greeted by a man in a suit similar to the one he had in his suitcase, he was informed that his Degree's had been found, and that people like him were needed in the 'Universal Union' as it was called. He was told he would be transferred to City Forty-Five, and that he should leave immediately. He did, and took the train, where he began to reflect on his life, he remembered something his mother told him, “If you are given an opportunity to take power, take it. Prove to the world that you are the great man I know you are.” He decided that what she said applied to this very situation. It was time he proved to everyone how great he was, how smart he was, and nothing was going to stop him.

This application has been denied due to multiple grammatical and punctuation errors. For a starting point if you choose to re-apply, I would spell "grammer" correctly.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:07:37 AM by OzJackal »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal