Author Topic: [OBSOLETE] RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e  (Read 6831 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[OBSOLETE] RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e
« on: April 20, 2012, 05:52:26 AM »
RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e
"How 'bout that ride in? I guess that's why they call it RSO City."

Credits to Kaz/KFrohman for x1d and previous versions as well as the original mappers.
I have only made a few minor changes in order to make this a map which can be deemed suitable for release at Catalyst Gaming.

The current idea is to use this map as a performance fix whilst providing a new atmosphere for RP to take place in. I'll release x1f later which should add more features rather than fix things. Examples of such things will include a CCA garage,

District 6 Preview
Click to see the original size.

Changelog
- Sector 2 removed altogether, though the CWU HQ will remain.

- Sewer tunnel entrance in Sector has been changed to a new location which can be activated both internally and externally. (search around for it)

- Night skybox has been put in place of the overly cheery day skybox. Lighting has been adjusted accordingly to create a darker atmosphere and mood.

- Some CWU HQ textures were changed to contrast better against the exterior brick wall and interior plaster walls.

- UCH now has a CCA booth in which the entire building can be locked down by the press of a button.

- The activation of the thumpers/exogen restriction field is joined by an announcement over the loudspeakers in several locations in the plaza.

- CA camera glitch where the screen wouldn't render should be fixed (though I think this was a serverside lag issue and not something wrong with the map)

- 'Too many vertices' errors should be lessened when travelling through the plaza (some of the plaza models have been given LOD properties)

- More efficient and less performance demanding lighting in District 6.

- The HAP leading to District 6 has been placed across the citadel wall to the Nexus wall rather than the UCH corner and the Nexus wall.
- Underground sewer system has been connected from the Diordna/new location to District Six.

- Trainstation still has electrified rails, however there have been improvements in lighting and brushwork in this area.

- Nexus entrance now has a working areaportal. After doing this and running some test, I got a 40 fps boost in the plaza. (tested on a quad core i5 @ 2.80ghz - other people have said it was a 20 fps boost or so for them on lower-grade PCs)

- Nexus door has been widened and the glitch that Kaz had with a part of the door not showing up properly has now been fixed.

- Nexus lighting has been tuned to create a 'cold' feeling in some areas.

- Environment lighting has been tuned for the night skybox.

- Custom decals have been placed over the Nexus side wall facing the UCH.

- Water/lighting glitch in the D6 canals is now fixed.

- Fixed an issue causing a func_viscluster in the D6 canals not to work effectively. After testing, I got a 10 fps boost in this area.

- Several prop placement issues have been fixed.

- RDT should now be less prone to crashing the server when rations are initiated.

- Removed a shipyard that Kaz thought would be a good idea to put in the D6 canals as an extension. Reasons for its removal simply came down to the fact it wasn't going to help performance at all or do anything good for anticitizen RP.

- Buildings have been added to the 3D skybox in the plaza and D6, thus creating a walled-in feeling and one of entrapment.

- Most L4D2 content has been removed and replaced by similar textures.

I'll probably be able to do a server beta test tomorrow with Raiden/Rofl's assistance just to make sure that the CCA can indeed open the Nexus doors and also so that map data can be implanted.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:00:59 AM by OzJackal »

Offline 2stronk

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 07:30:47 AM »
Nice! Cant wait!

Is it possible for you to add a side-airlock into the nexus? I remember it had one of those on the map you guys used to run a year ago. (The one with the working train and the C17-style appartments, I cant remember its name though. I loved that thing D:)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:32:51 AM by [Rv] Piciulous »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:43:45 AM »
Also please add a VICE storage room that has been built ICly. It should be entered from the VICE testing room in Nexus. Thanks :)

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:06:16 AM »
What the current plan is: use this version temporarily for performance fixes in the lead up to x1f in which I'll start building MORE stuff rather than fix things for the sake of performance. I'll probably add a garage in place of Sector Two for the Union to use and some other stuff for citizen RP along with the VICE things.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:48:46 PM »
I already discussed with OZ of the needs of VICE and how a garage will be very helpful along with a concourse entrance to the garage via the Nexus basement. I was hoping for it to have more generators down there along with APC parking spaces. I will be the idealist for Oz, and give him some ideas.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
Can't wait to see it, Oz. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to give us a great map update. :)
HL2RP Characters
CCA.C45.APEX-02.929: Maintaing sociostabilty

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »
make me zealot operations control center

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »
I tested out the map, and it is very nice  ;D
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 07:22:16 PM »
make me zealot operations control center

Find me a space to put it and I'll put it in for x1f ye

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 07:40:12 PM »
bottom floor of the nexus opposite the H2H room add it in there ye

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »
And my personal lounge, tyvm.

Seriousness: I think D6 needs to be smaller, make up to the tunnel the plaza and the bar and stuff the remainder of D6, and let the rebels use the subways/sewers. Plaza needs more rp to be fair, not sure what to replace warehouse and canal with though.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 08:32:05 PM »
I have to like this night lighting. It gives a very dark, and depressing feel to the city which brings up good RP. It also really sets the mood when you join. Can't wait to see it, and I bet it will look amazing.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 11:46:52 PM »
Asked Raiden to upload several times but when it finally was uploaded after two days of asking, 1 person out of 18 on the City server voted no to the map change because they were in the middle of some RP.

So I'm going to wait a few MORE hours, that's just fucking great.

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 02:41:42 PM »
I've played it, and I LOVE it. Honestly, that day sky always bothered me. Removing District two and the D6 HAP change made the plaza seem a lot better. One thing that bothers me though is the fact that you can now go from District 1 all the way to district 6, therefore avoiding the Civil Protection. It'll be a nice little trick that a select few will know for a while, but eventually everyone will use it to avoid CPs, making the Plaza even more empty than it currently is.

My suggestion: Remove that tunnel in district one, not the old one- but the new one. It'll make avoiding CP RP even easier, which it shouldn't be.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 02:43:55 PM »
Yup, having the D1 tunnel is just going to keep the plaza empty. I'm going to remove it and place it somewhere else methinks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal