Author Topic: Thumper's Authorization Application  (Read 3384 times)

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thumper's Authorization Application
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: The Joke
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Around a year and a half

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A Antlion guard (Myrmidont).

Name: Thumper
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Thumper was born like any ordinary Antlion, but his skills were unmatched. He started fights with other Antlions his age if they s much as looked at him. His temper always getting the better of him as he charged into the Antlions, knocking them to the floor. He got punished many times but did not seem to care. One day Thumper was walking along the lower levels of the hives, admiring all the pretty blue colours as he strolled along casually when he stumbled along the packs grubs. He roared with delight before poking one of them with his pincer. The grub slowly moved away, obviously disturbed by the young Antlion. Thumper roared with delight again before continuously poking the grub. Thumper began to get more violent and started poking even harder before he actually pierced the skin of the Grub. The grub yelled out in pain as the blood came oozing out of it. Thumper began to panic and started running off, attempting to escape the hive before anyone found out what he had done. The young Antlion heard a massive roar and thuds as an Antlion guardian came bounding down the hallway to see what the commotion was about. Thumper quickly hid behind a rock, attempting not to be seen by the Antlion as he crawled around the rock, breathing heavily. The Antlion guardian gave off another roar. The ceiling shook as he did so. The young Antlion feared for his life. As the Antlion Guardian went to see the grub crying in pain, Thumper took his chance and ran as fast as he could down the hallway. His small pincers bounding off the floor as he made his way for the exit. More and more Antlions eyed him suspiciously as he ran past them. All Thumper focused on was getting out of there as soon as he could. More and more roars were heard as the Antlions caught news of Thumpers actions. The young Antlion finally saw the cave entrance that led to the world of Xen. He ran through into the blinding light and stopped. Looking around his surroundings for a moment. Suddenly Thumper heard bounding footsteps, as he turned he saw an Antlion guard bounding towards him. Thumper screeched and ran up a hill and into the mysterious world of Xen.

Thumper had travelled for years with no luck of finding anything. He travelled the plains alone. Sometimes hiding from vicious animals that were in his way. He was not angry anymore, but desperate. He fed off of anything he could find. Sometimes decaying corpses of other animals. If he was lucky. But he continued, in hope that one day a new hive would accept him. One day he wandered through a small passage until finding himself on a hill looking down at an Antlion guard. The young Antlion slid down the hill and rolled over, soon finding himself directly underneath the beast. The guard roared and pushed Thumper away. Thumper just sniffled before beginning to walk away. Until he heard a sound. About three bull squids came charging over a hill to his left and towards the Antlion guard, they began spitting at the guard. The guard roared and began to run at them all. The younger Antlion saw this as his opportunity and began to run at the one bullsquid the older guard had missed. Thumper gave off a high pitched roar before smashing into the bullsquid, sending him flying. Thumper jumped up and down before looking over to the Antlion guard. The Antlion guard paused for a moment before nudging Thumper towards the entrance of the cave. He was finally accepted to a pack.

As Thumper guarded his hive, he stood proudly in front of the cave that held his pack. He was a ferocious beast. If anything even got near the entrance he would charge straight away and knock them into the sky.  One day as the large Antlion guard stood guard at the entrance to the hives lair. He found himself staring at a rather large blue portal which seemed to have appeared from nowhere. He gave off a loud roar at the portal as he saw it as a threat. He charged at it. Not taking a second to think, some of his pack came out to see the commotion as the guard charged at the portal, giving off a loud roar as he did. He soon found himself getting teleported to the unknown realm of earth.
 He was still charging so accidently went into a tree. Thumper grunted before shaking his head and looking around him at his new surroundings. As soon as he felt ready he began to move over the grassy mountain plains. Fear struck him as he realised he was alone in this new, alien world. He moved across the mountains. He felt the ground underneath him. The blades of grass slowly flowing against his feet as he stood still, sniffing the air, feeling the vibrations against his feet and hearing the sounds of the wind blow against him. All of a sudden the vibrations started getting heavier. Thumper turned to where the vibrations were coming from and ran towards them. He soon found himself on a road. Thumper turned his head left to see a tunnel, then right to see a car bounding towards him with two people inside. “Shit!” he heard as he turned towards them and gave a large roar. The car swerved past him and into the tunnel. Thumper soon bounded after them and was on their tail. “Drive, drive!” the woman screamed as she kept turning round to see what Thumper was doing. The large Antlion guard was slowly catching up to the car and hit its back. It skidded before regaining itself. Thumper hit it again and it swerved off the road. Smashing into the wall. The woman flew out of the car and into the wall. She immediately died. But the male stayed inside the car and groaned as it came to a stop. Upside down. Thumper gave another roar before approaching the man. The man reached to his side and brought out a pistol, beginning to fire upon the Antlion. Thumper just roared and charged into the car, crushing it completely against the wall and killing the man instantly. Thumper roared again in triumph before carrying on down the long tunnel, attempting to find somewhere he could stay.
As Thumper continued he found himself at a decision. He could carry on down another tunnel. Or go up a small hill. He decided to venture up the hill and soon found himself at a town. He decided it did not matter and casually strolled through the town until he reached another hill going downwards. He groaned as he went down. But found a small cave. He went inside and decided that this would have to be his new home. In this alien world.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
A strong Antlion guard. (Not a guardian).
New RP choices and dialogue.
New RP for other players on the server.
Can take lots of damage and deal lots of damage.

Defects
He is quite large so would stand out.
He is alone at the moment so might be quite angry or depressed.
He might get hunted.
He is not that smart.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to make new RP mostly for other players due to the fact that Antlion guard NPCs hit people but they do not pain RP. So this could be used in that aspect but also to give new combat RP to players.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
I already know what you are thinking. No NPC characters. Well if there are no NPC characters then how come people are allowed to have headcrabs? This authorization is strictly for RP for others. And if it gets denied because of people saying no NPC characters then I suppose that all headcrab characters should be PKed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:59:56 PM by The Joke »
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Thumper's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 12:02:10 PM »
Good idea, but the only place I could see this being used would be in events.  There shouldn't be an Antlion Guard randomly patrolling around.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:08:34 PM »
 You cannot apply for NPC (Non Player Controllable) models using the authorization application. The only NPCs that you can apply for is the headcrab class due to the fact that they are very weak and can only be shot once. All the other NPCs are hard to take down such as the Headcrab Zombie and the Antlions.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:10:07 PM by STALKER »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 05:22:21 PM »
The backstory is way to short. For something like this, you'll have to expand. And, I'm not sure it's a very good idea, as only a few people have them for events, but yeah. Expand.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 06:03:10 PM »
I will sort that out. Unless you are going to deny this...?
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 06:48:05 PM »
I will sort that out. Unless you are going to deny this...?

Fix a lot of the stuff here, and maybe I won't. A twenty year old antlion guard? I'm not sure that works. Right now, I'll have to give my
-support.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 08:00:28 PM »
I might be adding even more to the backstory. But its 1 AM here right now.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 12:18:50 AM »
A antlion guardian randomly patrolling the Outlands just seems strange. I feel as if it'd be hiding in a cave or some kind of tunnel. I could see this being used for an event, though. Maybe an antlion guardian assault on the bunker.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 05:33:57 AM »
A antlion guardian randomly patrolling the Outlands just seems strange. I feel as if it'd be hiding in a cave or some kind of tunnel. I could see this being used for an event, though. Maybe an antlion guardian assault on the bunker.

A Antlion guardian and a Antlion guard are different. A Antlion guardian protects the hive and lower levels of his packs cave. A Antlion guard protects the upper floors or the outside of the cave.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 09:53:27 PM »
I'm giving my support on one conditions: that the character is used only for specific events.

Offline SatN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »
'Ey Joke. Alright mate, After reading over your application which Bluff had fixed up with you, the backstory looks more like a detailed biography of Pooh-Bear, heh. It looks like you've done your research though which is commendable, it is a unique experience writing an application for something which has both no format or role-playable past.

Having an Antlion (Guardian) follows by the same standards as a Vortigaunt, obide by the rules, on events it is accepted to 'flag-up/antlion up', from time to time you can flag up, enhance some role-play as you see fit. Obide by the standard rules those also which apply to vortigaunt's and you will do fine.

ACCEPTED

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
I will make sure to always ask before I go on this character, Thank you.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal