Author Topic: Programming  (Read 7421 times)

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Programming
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
All languages. Discuss. Showcase.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Programming
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 12:37:20 PM »
Er, I can't code worth half of a damn. But I can edit the opening words to when you first play an HL2RP server! :D

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »
I love programming. I know a few languages and I'm even studying it.

Currently I am an Expression2 master, and I know VBS quite well. :P
I attempted to learn Lua, but as a complete stranger to lua, that is harder than you think, so I gave up on that.
At school we work with a language called "Bascom" which includes a print board with LCD screen and some in-/outputs that you can program and put together using variety constituents with IC's etc.
We also learn to program PLCs. (Programmable logic controllers)
Quite fun I must say. :)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:43:29 PM »
I am attempting to learn Lua as of now, although as Nick said, it's difficulty increases at a certain stage, so it will take me a while.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 02:46:39 PM »
I know ZASM, thats about it :c

Assembly modification for gmod.

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »
Got close to 4 years of Lua programming experience, so I'm pretty good at that. Lua has an 'okay' compiling time and is rather easy to make stuff compared to making a 'gamemode' in C++ then Lua.

Started C++ a few weeks ago. Simple stuff seems rather easy to me, but ofcourse it's way more indepth then that. C++ compiling time is super fast and it's used for most PC games.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 03:18:41 PM »
For my computing GCSE and soon to be A-level I learnt Visual Basics which is the easiest language evar :D
So as you could imagine I got an easy 100% on my 3 programs I had to make.

I also for a research project had to learn an assembly language which is a big 'ol cluster fuck - takes ages to make anything and has such little functions that trying to work out how to divide gives you a headache :P

I want to at some point move on a more complicated languages (rather than VB) for basic gaming like C++ etc. but I keep getting stopped by the fact that I have to work for school exams, I got video games to make and the fact that I am an A+ procrastinator :3
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 04:01:30 PM »
I'm okay at Lua. Never really did much with it, and find it quite boring after awhile. I've been considering starting C++, just got to find the time to. 

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »
I have been programming in web langs, meaning HTML, CSS, Javascript-jQuery, PHP and SQL now for about four or five years now. I believe I am pretty good at it. Now I am trying to get used to C# .NET, and I have some basic knowledge of LUA.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 04:19:27 PM »
PHP, Javascript, css, python, and a bit of perl.

Something that showcases most of these would be this site I whipped up:
http://buckitlist.somone77.net:8181
(I'm pretty sure that website still works. My ISP recently decided to be the worst thing ever and blocked incomming requests on Port 80 making me have to change the port, breaking many of my scripts.)

Just a website to make a bucket list, made it over the course of 2 days for no reason whatsoever.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:21:39 PM by Somone77 »

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »
C++ I have coded basic mathematics programs where it allows input for variables in an equation. I used to have a thread with some programs I made but I lost it will throw some up later. Want to do some LUa stuff but never get around to it if anyone knows any tutorials hit me up and I will give it a shot primarily gmod oriented coding.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 01:33:20 AM »
I'm starting in Web design like html, css and so on, the first I have learned and can do decent is HTML and javascript.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline [TNS-D] Sanitorium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 04:42:40 AM »
I just made a forum system with no SQL databases involved, only PHP and text files.

link (Seems to be down at 3:42 AM on 4/14/2012, BUT it should be up later)
i like men.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 09:04:29 AM »
I'm surprised none of you guys but me said anything about Expression2.
Sure, it is not an official script language, but it is still an unique script language that is very cool if you know it better.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline ?????¬??

• An Idiot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 09:20:03 AM »
To make Nick happy: I'm great at Expression 2. Besides that, I actually have a job in web development, so I have all of those languages under my belt. I also know Java, Lua, Python, and Perl.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal