Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Cold rain and harsh winds  (Read 1736 times)

The Mysterious Stranger

[SUGGESTION] Cold rain and harsh winds
« on: April 11, 2012, 08:00:40 AM »
What is this event about?:
 This event is about a weather sub-siding within the city of Fourty-Five. A dark, gloomy storm comes in through the city and cold sets in along with cold rain and strong winds. People who are outside for a few minutes will catch hypothemia and continously lead to death if you stay out for too long unless medical attention is immediately provided. Suitable clothing for the citizens will often give them a better chance to stay outside much more longer than the average citizen WITHOUT no clothing but be aware! You can't stay outside for too long!

The Combine Civil Authority and Overwatch units have a better chance of staying outside for longer durations (probably one or two hours estimated) whilst Resistance (the people with vests) will have half the duration of the Combine Civil Authority and Overwatch (meaning that the Resistance can stay for 30 minutes than 1 hour.)

As said above, citizens need raincoats in order to stay outside for a short duration. Hypothemia will be provided for all factions, depending on what clothing they wear. (except Xen creatures.)

What about the environment and surroundings?:

The environment will be very slippy when you set foot on the ground such as the sidewalks. A cold flood will be on the streets but not for the sidewalks. The surrounding of your character will be at a darkened state and your perception will be lowered unless you go closer to that object (Example given: You see a figure but his appearance is blurred by the weather. You have to go closer in order to see his face and appearance. This is optional though.) Guns will often jam if water makes contact to the weapon (such as the magazine or the barrel.)

Is there anything about the inside that we need to know?:

Passive roleplay will be provided inside different rooms and buildings. Once you go outside, you will be wet and cold and your clothing will need to be dried once more. Other players will seek apartments and new clothing, also the care to aid others unless they don't want to. Combine Civil Authority will do their best on how to maintain the citizens in a healthy living environment (such as locking up the UCH and providing clothing to them.) Civil Workers Union members can also help in the cause with their resources.

Floods maybe?:

Yes, floods will also be provided to low ground houses. Each time someone opens a door to a shop for example, water will come inside the shop. Streets will be flooded with water which will reach up to the calf (lower leg) area. Not that you need a boat to go through the streets but small floods will be in.

Is the winds that "harsh" as you stated in the title?:

Ofcourse. Objects will be pulled along with the wind such as benches being dragged from the Plaza (not all the time) or people who are weak as hell (someone who can't walk or run) will be dragged aswell. Using strength or support can withstand the wind itself like a extra person to your side or shoes/boots that can grip better to the ground. This is optional though but it is recommended that you roleplay it for a better roleplaying experience.

Will there be any chaos included?:

If the administration staff want to provide chaos for a more immersive play in this event. It is their decision to do so such as a uprising decided by the rebellion/resistance, illnesses for a few days, Xen creatures attacking, a thunder strike in the pavement that causes a large crack, a fire hydrant blows up, a radioactive fallout, etcetera etcetera. Administrators have the decision to do so within this event.

What about the minges who "lolwalk" and "oh i can walk outside k?" within the event? What do I do?

Either report to a admin or talk them out of it and comply to the event rules. Simple as that.

When will this event start?:

Possibly tommorow or the next day of tommorow. Time is decided by administrators. (Administrators, please post in the comments about the time start of this event.)

Will this event be long?:

Yes.

Is the tunnels underground going to be flooded?:

Due to the flooding up in the Plaza, the tunnels will be flooded with water which will rise up to your thighs (upper leg). It will be trenchorous down there like walking through mud. Very cold water.

What about radio traffic?:

The radio transmission will cause static each time you try and contact someone via through handheld radio or stationary radio. Bio-signals will not be affected.

Eletronics?:

Eletronics will shut down permanently or temporarily if the entity is staying outside in the rain for too long. This counts for TVs, music radios, etcetera etcetera. Nexus technology will not be affected.

Clothing? Where?!:

If you have a citizen kit (check the Directory for more information). You should have a black threaded raincoat for a use but remember, you can't be dry forever once your outside.

Can I dry clothing and the body of my character?:

Yes, you can dry clothing by using a washing machine, hanging ontop of a stove, letting it stay in one area for a long duration. There are many possibilties to dry your clothing. Dry yourself off with towels or some other kind of drying object. Staying in one dry spot for a few minutes will do.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:12:17 AM by STALKER »

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [SUGGESTION] Cold rain and harsh winds
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:09:21 AM »
I really hate to be frank, this is a great suggestion, but not only has it been done before, but what I see in this event is a massive bumblefuck of citizens squashed together somewhere, lots of OOC whining to be let out, and worst of all, the mingebags ruining the immersion at every turn. If done right this event could be really intresting, but if it goes bad, and there are no admins, it can be a half an hour of blah.

Let's get this organized, get plenty of admin help, and then we can be optimistic.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 08:17:13 AM »
I really hate to be frank, this is a great suggestion, but not only has it been done before, but what I see in this event is a massive bumblefuck of citizens squashed together somewhere, lots of OOC whining to be let out, and worst of all, the mingebags ruining the immersion at every turn. If done right this event could be really intresting, but if it goes bad, and there are no admins, it can be a half an hour of blah.

Let's get this organized, get plenty of admin help, and then we can be optimistic.

I recommend that the administrators talk this out BEFORE leading the event. They should take people seriously that do not comply to the events itself because that will cause the roleplay for others to be uncreative and unimmersive. There should be different locations for the citizens also instead of crowding inside the UCH and then getting "claustraphobia." For example, the train station, the CWU Headquarters (need authorization from the CCA), shops, underground tunnels, slums etc etc will all be available to the citizens and it will be a option to pick about.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »

What I'm thinking is that we don't actually just slot citizens in one spot, but we make them actually help drain stuff. Citizens can RP colds, coughs, and other things, since it's so cold outside. It'll be optional for citizens to go outside or not. Citizens can either stay at home, lazy the day away inside or go outside and get completely soaked. I will -- and other admins -- moderate the situation. If we see people not RPing it at all, we will deal with them accordingly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal