Author Topic: What Super Power Would You Choose?  (Read 17090 times)

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What Super Power Would You Choose?
« on: April 03, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »
So, if you could pick any super power what would it be? For the sake of this thread, you can ONLY pick one power.
The reason this is in GD is because I want you to discuss WHY you would choose that power. I really want you to think about this and not just put some bullshit like: "LOL I'D USE INVISIBILITY TO RAPE WIMIN! LOL". It has to be a serious answer because jut imagine what you could do with a super power in today's world!

Personally I would choose the ability to stop time. Reason being is because you could manipulate ANY situation you encounter. If you're about to be robbed, you can stop time and leg it. Or you could go find the largest, sharpest object you could find, put it over the prick's head and restart time... ^_^

EDIT: Also, don't pick a power that gives you more powers. Lame ¬_¬
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:43:05 PM by JiggerFrizz »
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What Super Power Would You Choose?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »
I saw a good one in a Reddit thread the other day that I really agreed with. It may not be a 'superpower' in the traditional sense, but I would love the ability to be able to absorb the knowledge of any book I touch. It's simple and wouldn't draw attention. 

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »
I would have to super power to give myself more super powers. Why you may ask? Well that is quite obvious.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »
I saw a good one in a Reddit thread the other day that I really agreed with. It may not be a 'superpower' in the traditional sense, but I would love the ability to be able to absorb the knowledge of any book I touch. It's simple and wouldn't draw attention.
Now that is a good power! Wanna learn how to be the best coder in the whole freaking world? Just touch this fucking book and BAM! You'd probably end up being the smartest human alive.
I would have to super power to give myself more super powers. Why you may ask? Well that is quite obvious.
The reason I put this thread here was to see what you would pick if you could only have ONE power and ONE power alone.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »
I'd love the ability to be able to clone myself. I'd like to talk to myself, build an army of clones, attempt to take over the country with beyond billions of clones and that's about it - job done. I don't know why I have such a fascination with talking too myself but I think it would be cool..... It would be funny to get all my clones together and talking, see if we could solve any certain problems.

To make it clear, these clones are absolutely identical to me in every way, and perhaps can even clone themselves, if you'll allow it?

Edit: God damn time powers are totally OP.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:48:56 PM by Pirate Robot »

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 06:48:32 PM »
Personally I would choose the ability to stop time. Reason being is because you could manipulate ANY situation you encounter. If you're about to be robbed, you can stop time and leg it. Or you could go find the largest, sharpest object you could find, put it over the prick's head and restart time... ^_^
I prefer control all time in general, go forward or back and stop. However, my secondary and little less over powered power would be the ability to (nerd alert) "save" at any point in you life so that you may return to that time if you want. For example, you could use this power right before taking a test and if it doesn't turn out as you hoped, just go back and redo it. Basically, it's just a toned down version of time control.
HL2RP Characters
CCA.C45.APEX-02.929: Maintaing sociostabilty

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 06:52:59 PM »
I'd love the ability to be able to clone myself. I'd like to talk to myself, build an army of clones, attempt to take over the country with beyond billions of clones and that's about it - job done. I don't know why I have such a fascination with talking too myself but I think it would be cool..... It would be funny to get all my clones together and talking, see if we could solve any certain problems.

To make it clear, these clones are absolutely identical to me in every way, and perhaps can even clone themselves, if you'll allow it?
That's a funny power xD  So you're talking more about the problem solving side rather than the world domination side? I can deffinately see the benefits of having countless coppies of yourself, but how would you work out hierarchy? I dunno how it'd work, but would you not need a set leadership?
I prefer control all time in general, go forward or back and stop. However, my secondary and little less over powered power would be the ability to (nerd alert) "save" at any point in you life so that you may return to that time if you want. For example, you could use this power right before taking a test and if it doesn't turn out as you hoped, just go back and redo it. Basically, it's just a toned down version of time control.
With great power comes great responsibility. You're talking about being able to remake creation to how you see fit.
I can see the benefits but there's a shitload of room to abuse that power.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 06:59:57 PM »

That's a funny power xD  So you're talking more about the problem solving side rather than the world domination side? I can deffinately see the benefits of having countless coppies of yourself, but how would you work out hierarchy? I dunno how it'd work, but would you not need a set leadership?
I'll of course try to take leadership; but I'm guessing my other me's might not agree with me on that. I'm guessing a Huge power struggle across my clones and me would occur or something like that...
It's weird to think about it, I know how I think (of course I do), but I don't how I would think if myself was trying to boss myself around..

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 07:09:22 PM »

I'll of course try to take leadership; but I'm guessing my other me's might not agree with me on that. I'm guessing a Huge power struggle across my clones and me would occur or something like that...
It's weird to think about it, I know how I think (of course I do), but I don't how I would think if myself was trying to boss myself around..
You could have a massive gay orgy! Srsly though, I know what you mean. It's hard to think of what other you's would do given that there are obviously more than one of you. Would it have a big impact on you or their minds? very weird to think about :S
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 07:12:04 PM »
I prefer control all time in general, go forward or back and stop.

Paradoxes, paradoxes everywhere.

Seriously though i would have to say i would like the ability to morph into animals, need to get somewhere while still being cheap? Turn your ass into a bird and fly there. Robber trying to steal your cucci shoes you managed to buy with all your money saved on travel? Turn into a bear and tear his face off.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 07:59:35 PM »
The reason I put this thread here was to see what you would pick if you could only have ONE power and ONE power alone.
[/quote]

I did pick one power. And that is to give myself more ^_^

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 08:01:47 PM »

[/quote]You're not getting it. You may only have 1 power in total. You CANNOT add anymore powers. You may only have ONE power, not a multitude of them.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 08:09:57 PM »

You're not getting it. You may only have 1 power in total. You CANNOT add anymore powers. You may only have ONE power, not a multitude of them.
[/quote]

Then maybe specify that? But anyways, I win.  8)

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 08:15:16 PM »

You're not getting it. You may only have 1 power in total. You CANNOT add anymore powers. You may only have ONE power, not a multitude of them.

[/quote]Off topic: Wtf is up with quotes? O_O
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 08:22:17 PM »

Off topic: Wtf is up with quotes? O_O
[/quote]

Maybe a dev fucked it up?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal