Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Matthew Fozz's Civil Worker Application  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Swoots

• pounding horse pussy since 1847
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Matthew Fozz's Civil Worker Application
« on: March 15, 2012, 06:29:01 PM »
~IC PART~
Full Name: Matthew Fozz
Citizen identification(CID): 50072
Last Assigned Apartment Number: UCH A:4
Total Loyalist Points: 1
Sex: Male

How long have you been in City45:
City 45 has been my residence ever since I was allocated here, it is my current and only home. I was allocated to transfer to this city a year after the 7-hour-war occurred, before that I was living in City 18 for approximately another year.

Why do you want to join the CWU?:
The reason why I would like to join the Civil Workers Union is so that I can aid the citizens of the city with anything they would require, as long as it is under reasonable boundaries. I would like to perform tasks such as providing non-contraband items and also cleaning, perhaps even extend my medical knowledge by acting as a first-aider. My goal is to also aid the Universal Union by doing anything I am requested to do by the civil protection units, although I believe that my main target would be to act as a role model for other citizens in order to help maintain the so called 'sociostability'.

I also would like to join the Civil Workers Union to make up for all the wrong things and unethical decisions I had made before the 7-hour-war.

Have you ever been detained before?(If so why):
I have never been detained, however I have received only a single beating and it was for 'mobility violations', or running. A more in-depth description of the events is as it follows; a middle aged man was assaulted in the Union Civil Housing block, as soon as I walked into the apartment block, my eyes locked onto the man holding a tight grip on his life whilst pleading for his life on the floor. I immediately bolted out the door and ran to the nearest unit available and reported the incident, however after the man was dealt with I was given a 're-education' for my previous actions.

Past experience with work/labor:
None, nothing to be considered as real work or labour; I have had no previous experience with work or labor. Before the 7-hour-war, I was inanimate, could've been considered dead by many. At a young age I became isolated and distant from my family, this kept me under depression but also under unwanted affliction for years which disallowed me to perform any sort of work without becoming distraught.

However putting this aside, I managed to obtain a small part-time job as an advertiser for a company that sold tools for mechanical work prior the 7-hour-work.

Name 4 things the CWU Can possess, and 4 things we cant. Also state why.:
The workers are allowed to possess portable handheld radios which they use to communicate with each other regarding work matters. The purpose for these is to be able to quickly inform other members of the events occurring nearby which may require assistance of a Civil Worker. Radio communication between workers is mostly to allow the transfer of information without the requirement of paper, it is also a lot faster to use vocal functions instead of writing. Another addition to the four things that the Civil Workers can possess is white cotton wool shirts that are specially designed to maintain warmth and comfort in cold days, they also help others distinguish a common citizen from a worker.
Another allowed possession is request devices, they are only to be used accordingly and using the provided request format to allow civil protection units to attend to the reported events as quick as possible. These devices are not to be misused and can be used to contact the CCA for assistance in case an anti-citizen or a citizen meaning to cause harm is nearby. Settings everything said aside, the civil workers are also allowed to carry around medical aid and first aid kits. They are required to help injured citizens which ultimately saves lives of injured citizens.
Another allowed possession is UU branded goods, these are specially provided to workers with the purpose to be sold and provided to citizens  as they meet the basic needs for all citizens.

However, onto the items that the workers are not allowed to possess.
Weapons are not allowed simply because their function is to cause harm and to endanger those around you. Alcohol is also forbidden, its effects are negative therefore it is considered to be contraband. Drugs and other body-enhancements substances are forbidden, this is mostly referring to steroids and antidepressants.
Non-UU branded goods are forbidden because they are most of the time unsafe.

Tell us about what you can do.:
I have an extremely high stamina and tolerance endurance, meaning that I would be able to carry heavy boxes and items around the office and from one end to the city to another with no problem, I would also like to think that I am good at keeping myself and others around me organized. This is mostly an essential because a union cannot be maintained without organization.

If a citizen asks for help and is new to the city, what would you do?:
I would teach them how our city works, and inform them of all of our rules and regulations, as well as help them register for UCH housing. I would also tell them about how our Civil Protection is here for us, and that we should listen to them. I would warn them not to go into District 6, since it is a hive of scum and villainy.

I think that this question is quite dull since it is implying that we should only help those citizens that are new to the city, but putting that aside:
If any citizen asked me for help, I would first of all ask them what they needed help with - I would then proceed by explaining the process and perhaps the location of what they are looking for. Some citizens are unaware of some of the locations of the city so I would give them accurate details on the facilities and regions nearby. This may include but is not limited to explaining where the Ration Distribution Terminal is located, as well as the Union Civil Housing apartment blocks. After providing the citizen with a detailed tour of the city, I would then proceed by explaining them how things are generally executed in the city as well as introducing the rules and regulations implied by the Universal Union. This would include things such as staying quiet and facing the front during a ration distribution, or others such as not exercising mobility violations .

~OOC Section~
Name: Swoots
Timezone: GMT+0 (England)
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:15978572
Roleplay Experience: Approximately 5 years
Serious Roleplay Experience: Approximately 4 years
Detail a regular day as a worker of the CWU?:
I would first of all begin my character development by getting dressed up in the CWU uniform provided, it would also be enjoyable to perform descriptive /me's and /it's of my character tunning in the radio into the right frequency, as well as clipping the radio onto my belt and getting ready to assist the citizens of the city. Not only that, but in the morning it would involve doing normal daily things such as having a shower, washing your hair and brushing your teeth.
After the work in the headquarters is concluded I would  report to the headquarters in order to commence my daily duties, which would mostly involve of following orders provided by my superiors. I would carefully plan out how to accurately perform the task in order to include as few mistakes as possible, or none if the occasion is rare (performing deliberate mistakes improves the quality and standards of the RP, it also extends them). At the end of the day, I would go back to the headquarters and get ready to rest, but only when all my duties have been carried out.

Character Backstory:
Born in America and raised in the state of Illinois, Matthew came into a loving yet typical family. Going along with the early years of his life, he received a typical education, saw his sister come into the world around the age of nine and went to exceed in his studies through the thought of a better tomorrow. Towards the end of his academics career he would move abroad to Europe to finish his degree in Marketing. Obtaining a job as an Advertiser for a company that sold tools for mechanical work that paid fairly well, life seemed to dredge on fairly well for several years the family he had grown up with had seemed to break apart slowly as he focused more on his work, back home the lack of communication and growing expectations had caused a rift between him and his family. The rift would worsen over time, having disconnected himself from his family he didn't see this as too much of a issue. Hoping things would calm down before he went back, he never had a chance. While driving to the airport and preparing to head back to America, the Portal storms had come.

The Portal storms had taken everyone by surprise and it showed almost everywhere as cars began to drive erratically and as people began running for their lives from the menace from beyond what they could comprehend. Buildings had fallen and bridges had been cut down as he and several thousand people tried to search for sanctuary, while many people pointed towards an old military bunker for safety, others would point to the countryside to wait out the chaos. Choosing to head back to his apartment instead, he would drive back to the city and make it to his apartment and prepare to pack his belongings. Preparations were made and time was running short, and as he continued to bide his time in gathering his things the more risk he'd be in. Taking what he could find he hitched a ride with his friend that lived a few buildings down, making his way to the city of Bristol.

Having bunkered down in his apartment while gunshots flew in every direction on the streets, Matthew began to panic as soldiers and unidentified creatures slaughtered one another. Finding his neighbors in a similar position as himself, he was sent to barricade the front doors and gather supplies from other nearby rooms. As hours passed several people were wounded due to the 'creatures' that had teleported nearby the apartment building, and at the rate people were going down from injuries by the hour it was clear that he would also fall in due time should the fighting continue. As the seventh hour approached, Matthew collapsed from the wounds he had sustained until that point, knocked out unconscious he would wake up to the announcement of Earths surrender.

Matthew's first transfer was to City 18, by this time he had lost all contact with his friends and family and was isolated more than ever before - not that this bothered him however. City 18 was not the type of place for him, but he managed to cope alright. Times were harsh, isolation and loneliness was required to survive. A year later, his second transfer occurred.
City 45 was along the way but this city seemed to be the right type for Matthew, the days were bright and there was simply a different atmosphere to the city.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:08:55 AM by Purple »

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Matthew Fozz's Civil Worker Application
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »
Accepted for interview.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal