Author Topic: [DENIED]Thompson Grey's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1142 times)

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED]Thompson Grey's Civil Authority Application
« on: March 04, 2012, 04:28:46 PM »
Ugh...forgetful Nikolai. My character does not have loyalist status as of yet. Please consider this null and void for now, but please, if this could be kept open and unlocked, and I'll simply post when the character does have loyalist status. Thanks ~Nikolai.
Thompson Grey's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Nikolai

IC Character Name: Thompson Grey

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority in order to better himself as a human being. In his past life, before the Union takeover, he was involved in criminal activity, and often did harm to others. He feels remorseful and regretful of those actions, and wishes to do right. Thompson is a deeply religious person, and wishes to do right  with humanity before his judgement day.

Thompson feels that the only hope for humanity surviving is via protection from the Combine Civil Authority. It could be said that he is ignorant to the hurt that the Universal Union is forcing upon humankind. And in aspects where he is not ignorant of this, he believes that there is evil far worse than the Universal Union, and that the protection the Union provides prevents such evils from doing harm upon humanity.

As previously mentioned, Thompson is religious. He believes it is his destiny, endowed upon him by God, to join the Combine Civil Authority and protect his fellow humans, and the Union. He wishes to combat rebellious characters as he believes they are workers of Satan.

For all these reasons, Thompson wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Thompson is a quiet, collected, and loyal person. He does as told, and perseveres to impress those above him. He listens more than he speaks, and only speaks when he has created a response in which he has given great thought about.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Well, speaking from previous experience, I know the Combine Civil Authority will be for me, from an out-of-character experience, boring at first. That's simply because I'll essentially be relearning all that I have learned previously on two characters as a recruit. But once I do get past the recruit program, I intend on embarking upon different routes from those of my previous CCA characters, and hope that this will serve as a learning experience. Of course, it'd be extremely nice to eventually surpass the progress of my previous characters, one of whom was in Apex High Command.

As for my character, I believe that the CCA will change my character's attitude and behavior. He will slowly lose his religious affiliation, and rather than focus on serving God, will soon focus on serving the Universal Union. Personally, I think, with the approach I am taking with this character, Thompson will achieve many great feats while serving in the Combine Civil Authority.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Thompson Grey was born in the City of Sheffield in the province of South Yorkshire in Northern England, on January 15th, 1985 to two poor parents, the father of which was a factory worker. As a young boy, there were signs that Thompson had Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Generally, Thompson was obsessive over self-cleanliness and often performed daily routines as according to the number four. When he started schooling, his abnormal behavior made him the target of bullying from students, and mistreatment from instructors. In elementary school, he was placed in classes that were meant for those with autism and related disorders, even though he had very high test grades. His parents fought for him, and by grade six, he was being placed in advanced classes. But it wasn't all sound for him now that he had been placed in those classes. Now he had to deal with being bullied for being a 'nerd.' Throughout high school, Thompson had many suicidal thoughts.

After graduating high school, Thompson went to work at the same factory that his late father had worked at most of his life. Thompson could not stand the word, and his boss couldn't stand the interruptions in word caused by Thompson's obsession with the number four. Many a time, a six pack of soda cans would come down the line with only four, or four of the six packs would be stacked perfectly. He would often leave the line to go wash his hands - sometimes even fifteen times a day. Thompson was well aware he was on the brink of being fired. Late on Monday night, Thompson snuck into the factory with a Webley revolver. The boss was still in his office. Thompson entered, and held the boss at gunpoint while he robbed him of five thousand pounds. He then shot and killed the boss who had many a time delivered diatribe to Thompson. Thompson later cleaned his gun, and hid the money carefully. Luckily, he was never caught, mainly due to a lack of investigative ability in the detectives assigned to the case. But Thompson had started a streak of crime.

At the age of twenty-four, Thompson got involved in a local gang. He soon rose through the ranks, and served as internal affairs to the gang. He often had to kill members - four at a time. Once again, though, Thompson came close to killing himself, for he had great remorse after killing members, even though it was his job. A year after joining the gang, Thompson left and became affiliated with an Eastern Orthodox church in Sheffield. There, he received religious education and confessed to many of his sins.

During the Seven Hour War, his church welcomed the Universal Union, commending them as being the saviors of humanity sent from the embodiment of Jesus Christ. Thompson Grey was soon transferred to City 45, where he remained loyal to his religion, and the Universal Union.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Two. Apex OfC./A. DvL. 707 - personal choice to remove due to following inactivity due to personal issues occurring at the time. Apex 01 057 - removed for inactivity due to school and more family issues.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Two or three years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Going on a year and a half.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I've been registered since January 31st of 2011, and have played HL2RP on an off since its release in March(?) of 2011.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time.

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America.

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
One roleplay experience that always seems to stay in my mind, was that of Hayden MacMillan here at CG. Hayden MacMillan was an authorized nuclear engineer and physicist in search of uranium and plutonium in order to power his Combine technology jamming device. The experience I remember most, was one day when he came across a female in City 8 who would later become a friend. Hayden walked into a local shop, where a female, who labeled herself as being rebellious, was. Hayden hit it off so to speak, and had a decent conversation with her, and they got to know each other. This roleplay experience always sticks in my mind, because it's the kind I prefer. It wasn't superfluous or over-glamorous. It was simply two capable roleplayers having an in-character discussion.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Fairly.

IC Section

Full Name: Thompson Grey
CID: 75493
Height: 5 Ft. 11 In.
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Weight: 135 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: I conduct daily activities in the pattern of four, as per my OCD.
Mental Defects: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Mental Advantages: I'm fairly thoughtful and calculating.
Notable Qualities: I'm a rather loyal person.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have not ever been detained for a Sociostability Infringement before, and do not intend on being detained for one any time soon.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, of course.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Absolutely.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Definitely.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the Combine Civil Authority in order to correct my wrongdoings that I have committed unto humanity. In the Combine Civil Authority, I believe I will be able to serve the Union loyally, and by doing so serve and protect the people. It is always my goal to protect my fellow humans through the use of complete loyalty to the establishments of which have been developed in order to protect us.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Thompson Grey hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

EDIT: Added disclaimer at top.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:41:57 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Live free or die

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Thompson Grey's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 04:41:40 AM »
Out of Character for OOC:
Unfortunately no, that is not how it works. You have a week to get your loyalist status before you can repost this.

UNIT: 14582
DIVISION: Universal Union
CLEARANCE: Commander
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Thompson Grey
Citizen Identification Number: 75493

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| Citizen loyalty status unapproved. Try again in minimal 1 week and when you've obtained loyalty status. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <Full Unit Name>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal