Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Aden Nicholas's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1155 times)

[ACCEPTED]Aden Nicholas's Civil Authority Application
« on: March 03, 2012, 06:43:11 AM »
Aden Nicholas's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: bandcrsh

IC Character Name: Aden Nicholas

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
  The times are changing and just like a wave of change, it is easier to go along than to stand against it. Aden Wishes to join the Civil Authority because he has respect for what they did, and how they did it. Being able to take over the world in seven hours means they must have done something right. He knows that joining the Civil Authority will bring in a better lifestyle than what he is currently in.

Since the combine occupation of Earth, Aden thought that at least people would stay together during such a difficult time. That notion was shattered multiple times with other citizens mugging/fighting with each other over useless knick knacks. The citizens that he knew needed to be put in line and be educated instead of resorting to doing what they are doing which is hurting the society as a whole. Just being a citizen among the other degenerates is appalling to Aden and wishes he could help end the ceaseless infighting.

Joining the Civil Authority will also give Aden the sense of Honor that being at the bottom deprives him of. Aden doesn't want to be associated with the common rabble of citizens and wishes to be above them and actually be respected enough to stop the muggers and the thieves. He wishes to bring peace and order to the streets just like other officers are trying to accomplish. For Aden the Authority his means to make a difference in life instead of just sitting around complaining.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Lawful, competent, well mannered, cocky at times.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
     I am expecting a lot from the CCA on this server. After having played on a previous server MMOsuite and having a CCA character on there, I miss the role play. I always valued the role play as an officer for the Authority and it just makes me shiver with joy about getting back to it. The squad dynamic, being a part of a team is always an interesting rp to be in.
     For my character I expect some nice character development as he rises through the ranks. Gaining more and more experience icly to open up more possibilities for character growth. I already have a lot of ideas on where to go with my character story wise. Also expecting some cool training sessions as on Mmosuite they weren't so planned out, yeah the usual breaching but nothing like what I hear happens in this server.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
     Aden was born in a hospital in former Sydney Australia, though he didn’t live in the city he lived in his ramshackle of a house in the outback. Aden did not know much of his mother since she died from an aneurysm when he was just a wee lad. Aden had a simple life growing up. He learned his basic knowledge from the books that were once his mother’s. His dad was there for him most of the way, not really as role model, but a guide through life, some might have said his parenting techniques were “endangering” but Aden appreciated the time he spent with his father; whether it was shooting cans in the back yard or riding in the back of his father’s truck.

It was a day like any other when the portal storm started. Aden was a mere fifteen as he watched the small television televise broadcasts of the Xen creatures aggressively attacking anything in there sight men, women, children no one was safe. A few days later Aden and his father already came to the conclusion that they couldn’t stay in their small home in the outback. Prompted for a safer home they moved to Sydney to be protected by the government soldiers. Of course they weren’t the only ones with the same plans thus when they arrived the streets were crowded. Having to ditch their old jalopy of a truck the ventured on forwards on foot, trekking to the checkpoint to the city, but there was a mass of people in such a confined space that everyone was pushed up next to each other. Pushing, shoving, ramming each other this was just one of the first times Aden witnessed human selfishness not caring for anyone around them only their own lively hood even if that was at the expense of others. With all the shoving and commotion he couldn’t stay with his father, he saw him get carried away by the crowd Aden saw his father try to make back to his son but was caught pulled down by the opposing force of the crowd. Aden watched in horror as his father was trampled, he tried to make his way to him and he did, just to be pushed by the crowd closer and closer to the checkpoint and he didn’t have to hear his father for he felt him under his feet as the crowd surged forward. Aden finally made it through the checkpoint saddened and now alone in the world he fell into a depression and drifted from place to place trying to make sense of it all everything that happened in such a short amount of time.

Six years passed and the combine invaded, he remembered that day as it started with him getting to the good parts of the book 1984. The rest went by quickly, he remembered a man giving a televised speech to the world declaring the occupation of our new “benefactors” and after that was when the shift began. The shift to new designated cities by the combine, new clothes a new location new life awaited Aden at these new safe havens; he just had to make the most of it. The years passed on and Aden became acquainted with the combine rule, and did not pay it much thought when he was transferred to City 45. After getting off the train Aden proceeded to go the housing block to get settled in. He got there and set his case down about to unpack when he heard a commotion from the hallway, he walked out there to see two citizens fighting over a watermelon. “Pathetic” a voice called out behind him, a man was standing in the hallway shaking his head. “Pathetic peasants both of them, the one on the right was too damn greedy and provoked the man on the left by taunting him with the watermelon.” The man sighed and continued “and the one on the left decided it would be alright to just steal it from him. Pathetic lot the bunch of them” the man stopped as he watched the door open to see two officers come in and handle the situation. “Thank goodness for the Civil protection they actually keep this place decent, its idiotic how some citizens treat each other especially at times like these.” Aden said instinctively the black haired man turned and looked at Aden “Hey I guess we have some matching views, the name is Marcus, Marcus Verilius.” Aden didn’t know it at the time but that would be the start of his journey with his new friend Marcus on the path of a loyalist. Aden knew that it shouldn’t stop at loyalist he knew he had a higher calling, somewhere that wasn’t stuck with the uncooperative bunch of citizens at the bottom.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No I have not.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Seven years for any role-playing server and 4 years with garrys mod roleplay servers.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
4 years, started with a dabble of TnB but moved on to more fruitful advenutures with Mmosuite.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Two weeks and one day

4. What Time zone are you in?
Pacific Standard Time -3

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Hmm so many to choose from, but what was really memorable was joining the CCA on Mmosuite. I joined at the same time as this other guy named Brooklyn and since that moment we icly hated each other because we knew we were gonna be fighting for ranks. Just the role play with the characters and how we mocked each other and tried to outclass each other whether it be on the range or on the field it just brought a nice role play experience that lasted for a nice while.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes I do

IC Section

Full Name: Aden Nicholas
CID: 88284
Height: 5'10
Hair Colour Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 157
Mental Distinctions: Calm and collective
Mental Defects: Can go overboard when angry
Mental Advantages: Can stay calm under most pressure, Logical thinker
Notable Qualities: An Astute Reader

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes I do

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes my life is for the Union

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes I take full responsiblity

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Till my last breath.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to join the Authority to see the betterment of our society as a whole. I wish to get the skills required to server and protect my community and the benefactors that keep it in such decent order. I wish to Join the Authority so I may order and justice for those who deserve it. The Authority is my means of making a difference for the better.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Aden Nicholas hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:14:10 PM by KillmePlz »

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Aden Nicholas's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:42:33 PM »
UNIT: 563
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Officer
Enter Password: *******

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...