Author Topic: Shirly 'Fox' Tetrigo's Authorization Application  (Read 4002 times)

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Shirly 'Fox' Tetrigo's Authorization Application
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:02:43 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Ahri/Krystal
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 5 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
- Excessive Knowledge in Medicine and Medical Practices.
- The ability to perform harder surgeries.
- Herbal Knowledge.
- Labcoat

Name: Shirly 'Fox' Tetrigo
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Early Life
      Shirly Tetrigo was born to a middle class family and a long line of doctors and nurses.  While growing up, her family pushed her to become a doctor herself, and, over the course of the years, started to listen.  Child life was dull, and she often spent it alone, pondering her future.  She never dated, never went to dances, and was never really noticed.  Throughout school, she excelled in Sciences, Maths, and her Health Education classes.  After her High School career was over, Shirly spent a year traveling, getting to know a few people, and went to Baltimore, Maryland.  Her plane landed in DC, and she went with a friend, Jenna Roberts, to visit a hospital that doubled as a Campus.  This place, Jenna said, was where her mother's tumor was removed without a hitch, which was unheard of in the majority of the world, there were almost always a complication or two.  Shirly figured she would apply there, having already heard about the University's reputation, then she went to this highly renown medical school and internship, riding a full scholarship.  This school was known as Johns Hopkins University and Hospital in, world renown, highest in class, best in service. (http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/the_johns_hopkins_hospital/index.html)

College
     Shirly spent years hands on and in classrooms, behind some of the best in the field, generalizing herself, as she couldn't decide which she would rather be a part of.  Becoming a "Jack of all trades" wasn't the best idea, as school would take longer and be much harder, but she was determined to be even better than her father.  Shirly started with her basic medical, interning as a Nurse at the hospital on campus, normally staying around the lower floors, and after her basic courses were completed, she moved on to basic removal and repair surgeries, small, simple things, learning cardiology and anesthesiology. She became most proficient in herbal treatments, by learning the local and imported plants, what they can do, and especially in the right combinations.  Again, wanting to be a generalized Doctor, she did some study in neurology, gynecology, and so on.  Up until her fifth year, she was not classified to do more than a general internalist's work, or basically, using a way to fix internals without surgery.  Shirly made full blown Surgeon status on her ninth year in Johns Hopkins University, and she was fascinated by this and her ability to "heal" by performing overly complicated, but well done surgeries.  Despite surgeon status, she managed to help out with larger cases, like gall bladder removal, did some work on a brain, and help remove a intestinal tumor.  After having been in school since eighteen, eleven years into schooling, and so close to her PhD, and having just obtained her Doctorate via advanced courses, there was an emergency at home.

After College
     After hearing of her mother's death back at home, she left college.  She began to work at a local hospital with her father, who was the current head of Staff there.  During her time there, her father became very ill with a local stem of the thought to be lost influenza, and her only sibling was in a car accident about two miles from the hospital.  She was the lead doctor that was trying to keep him alive, but screwed up on Kieth's anesthetic dose, and ended up killing him on accident.  After that point, she up and left, went home, and started to go through her books again, vowing to never make a mistake like that again.  After two months of solitude and study, the portal storms began.

City 45
     This is where she was first sent, as the CCA and UU placed here there because she was at a local hospital during the "rounding" of the citizens.  Shirly went through fine, but was distraught by the amount of aggression the CCA showed towards regular people.  She started by openly helping them, and the CCA stepped in, said no, and that wasn't that, so to speak.  She began an "underground" clinic, The "Blue Cross", working out of her apartment with sparse supplies.  She only treated smaller things, like the flu or cuts and bruises, never anything more serious than a broken arm or leg, due to lack of supplies.  This was done until she got ahold of a radio one day from a citizen who had a massive headache dropped it on the bed she did her work on, and the first thing she heard was the casualties of those still fighting out in the canals.  She was clearly upset, so she shut down her clinic at first work of the CCA's suspicion of her.  She spent a week just sitting around, thinking, gathering what she could and talking to contacts about leaving the city.  Thinking she could be of more use out there, she broke into a local CWU medical storage, took a few tools and meds, and barely got out of the city safely.  With the CCA hot on her for a while, she stopped in a cave down by the canal area, and hid for a day.

Outlands
     Shirly did a lot of exploring until she came across a few people, mostly a bunch huddled around a doctor in a lab.  She met Dave Wood there, and he told her that her skills would be most helpful at the clinic near by, as they were short on medical staff.  Sticking close to the abandoned clinic and the labs, working with what she could carry, and what they had.  She was helping with a surgery, removing a few slugs from a man's leg, when her assistant accidentally slit a major artery with a scalpel, and blood squirts out everywhere, Shirly quickly seals it while getting drenched in blood.  After another hour and a half, they get him closed up, and into recovery.  This is when she decides to pick up a labcoat, which she found a day before in the basement of the clinic, to cover the blood and to keep her regular clothing from getting any dirtier from her work.  After a while of practice, the move required and lead by many resistance form the canals to Belles and the outlining area made her decide to go mobile, as everyone spread out and is always getting hurt or sick.  She is still aligned with the Alliance, but will still help anyone who needs it.  She often stopped at the bunker and several of the camps, carrying the Alliance's public frequency for anyone that requested her aid.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
- The ability to perform much harder surgeries, like maybe removing bullets from organs for example, things that are more complicated, require more concentration and knowledge.
- The medical know-how to diagnose and treat most illnesses and diseases.
- The herbal know-how to make medicines, like a painkiller or a decongestant, out of local "greens".
- A labcoat in description.

Defects
- The inability to pick up on other traits as easily because of knowing so much in a medical field.
- Would not be able to defend herself as easily, again, due to being a "medic".
- Moving locations could take a long time due to the amount of supplies that is demanded by this type of proficiency.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
To help the general population of the outlands with infection, illness, diseases, and physical injuries.  In the simplest terms, a mobile "clinic", helping those who cant help themselves.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No one else.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:59:17 PM by Ahri »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Shirly 'Fox' Tetrigo's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:39:18 PM »
Your application is very under-detailed, you have a few problems with capitalization and, you didn't really put much effort into it. I'll await other admins' thoughts on this.

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:09:18 PM »
My apologies for the slight typos, I wrote this at 3am after a long day at work.  As for details, that's the gist of it, I am not writing a whole novel so that you understand where her medical and herbal knowledge came from, no one will want to read that anyways.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:12:04 PM by Ahri can has SeC? »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »
For the authorisations of "excessive knowledge in medicine and medical practices" and "the ability to perform harder surgeries," there needs to be much more depth to the backstory before I can offer my support.

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:46:42 AM »
-snip-

I updated my post some, added a bit more story, but its really hard to add more without being redundant.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:04:34 PM by Ahri can has SeC? »

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 11:59:27 AM »
I have to agree that the detail given in your back story is more fitting of basic medical knowledge rather then excessive.

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 02:46:10 PM »
Again, hard to put in details without redundancy.  When it comes to medical, unless you want me to write you a book, there really isn't anything else to put in there.  I of all people would know, I am studying genealogy at the moment.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 04:07:55 PM »
What happened to you while you were studying at College? What College did you go to? Did you have anything interesting occur? Perhaps something happened to a close friend / family member? What did you learn ICly that you would never forget?

We need these types of things.

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »
Oh, ok.  Well, I listed Johns Hopkins, its a world class hospital AND campus in Baltimore MD.  Been there, its HUGE!  Will add more details soon as I think of them, gimme time, ok?

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 05:48:12 PM »
Oh, ok.  Well, I listed Johns Hopkins, its a world class hospital AND campus in Baltimore MD.  Been there, its HUGE!  Will add more details soon as I think of them, gimme time, ok?

Sure thing. Steam message me/post here when you think you're done editing it, and I'll have a look at it.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 03:59:10 AM »
Last chance to add some stuff on, Ahri. I'll give it about another few days before I deny it.

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 12:48:02 PM »
Sorry, been busy with work and running the MC2, forgot to set aside time for this, will work on it.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 05:36:20 PM »
One last day before denial :c

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »
Im off tomorrow, will try to do what I can, with work and OfC.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 06:51:13 PM »
Accepted for:

Authorization(s):
- A GOOD knowledge in Medicine and Medical Practices.
- The ability to perform harder surgeries.
- Herbal Knowledge.
- Labcoat, no model change since no model :c

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal