Author Topic: Regarding HL2RP.  (Read 7997 times)

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Regarding HL2RP.
« on: February 20, 2012, 01:34:40 PM »
First of all, this is NOT a leave post. But it is a long rant about HL2RP and an opinion of a lot of peope. I'm the only person that really has the balls to do this now before it goes to far and then complain.

I'm going to start off right at the top and work my way down.

Raiden/UU

Raiden, I mean not to insult you by what I say here, I'm just going to highlight what me and other people are getting infuriated over.
You have recently taken a major ego boost since the promotion to Owner, you have taken ahold of the autonomous control you have and are not scared to use it to do anything that you must do. You have removed veran from the SeC position he shared with you and taken his developer access as well. What did he do to have his developer access removed? He's just finished preparing for a huge update? He is the most fair sectorial I have known and yes, people complain about him a lot, but you will find that with a lot of good admins will come jelousy and the outright hate brought on by his fair work. You should know this already, if he does something farily he will cause other people grief, and ultimately those people will complain. People complain to me about you, and other UU members, however, firstly, what can I do? And secondly, its usually because they're butthurt about something you did which negatively effects them.
Veran always worked hard as SeC and made choices that most of the server would agree with, however, you've chosen to remove him from his position in what appears to be the start of an egotistical takeover of HL2RP. I have no issue with you forgiving inactive units, giving them more chances, but there are things that people don't approve of. Once again, I have no issue with you giving Bluff or KMP CmD personally, but it is an assmotion to begin with, they're both OfCs and although their roleplay may be good, they do not have the experience IC and there are many other candidates that have both the RP skills and the knowledge and experience IC and OOC that you could have chosen. Personally I see some favouritism in there as well, not only me, but others too.
You may not see it this way, but other people see it as this:

"I'm owner I can get away with this."

Remind you of anyone in particular? If this continues, people will eventually realise, get exeptionally mad, and I can see the way that it can go, and it will end up being another drama fest. Another RTLK.
I doubt you want to be RTLK-V2. No one does. And the best way to stop this is to be fair and take input from people before acting, more than just the people that complain. Take input from the whole community.

The CCA in General

There's a lot to go through here. I'll shorten it down into a tl;dr for now.

HC
You have an important role, you got to where you want to be in the CCA so deal with the crying that people come to you with, you have to be active, even if it is boring, find a way to make it fun, take great care in amputations, i don't know, but you have to stay active.

EpU-02
Play to lose sometimes for the love of god! You may be highly trained and they may be weak and malnourished but if someone comes up behind you dont lolturnaround and take their knife or whatever, you don't have eyes in the back of your head.

Other than that I have no issue with you as much as I do everywhere else appart from going AFK halfway though when we need units. If you're going to do this, flag down, let other units flag up, you're taking up space in the CCA that can be used for other units. And remember, no matter what character you're on, if you have a unit in the CCA. You still represent the community highly.

RCT-03
This counts towards 02s as well as much as can be said.
STOP BEING EMOTIONALESS ROBOTS
None of you out there (I hope) know what it's like to kill someone, the first time you do it, you will throw up, physically feel like shit, and be emotionally destroyed, that feeling will stay for at least 10-15 kills in the future, you'll only be a cold blooded killer at around 100 kills unless your psyco. If thats the case, you shouldn't be in the CCA.

You're still fresh units too. Make mistakes, feel guilt, fell remose, feel like shit if you must. It's always better to have an in depth roleplay experience than be a cold monster wanting to kill all, if you want to do that, then you shouldn't be in the CCA. Fuck it. You shouldn't be in HL2RP. Go to OCRP where killing people daily is considered good RP.

Outlands/Citizens

Not much I can say.
Stop mugging people.
Start Pain RPing.
Not everyone needs to be a lolrebel.
Feel hunger.
Play to lose.
Sort your characters out rather than just running for guns.

/rant

And yes. I put myself in stasis on 113 for a while. I don't feel like I can adequitely roleplay right now, and hell, even if I do, I need a break. Jogzi knows what to do.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:37:59 PM by Y2K-iwiee »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Regarding HL2RP.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 02:06:08 PM »
I couldn't agree with your more Kiwiee. I think you've expressed the opinions of many people here, I don't think I could possibly add anything else. Question is, will Raiden take it to heart or will he just bat it away with a deft flick of his owner glove?

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:10:37 PM »
To be honest I kind of disagree with this.

I like what Raiden's done so far, a lot.
game over

Offline Puppy

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »
I agree with you Y2K, Veran has done a very fine job in the CCA, and he has done so much with his developer status to help up, i agree that Raiden should be owner, but he should not think he is a god and can do whatever he wants and yet get away with this. I am very dissapointed.

Offline Swoots

• pounding horse pussy since 1847
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »
To be honest, Veran was doing an excellent job as a SeC and developer.

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »
I agree with this, all though I don't know the owner, or any of the points provided. I just straight up agree.

Oh wait, the part about the RCT-03's being mindless robots. I agree with that part.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 02:36:48 PM »
My two cents:

Okay you've removed Veran from SeC

But why did you take his CCA whitelist?

And his developer position?

EDIT: Or not, still says he's a Dev on the homepage, thus the below confusing me

You have removed veran from the SeC position he shared with you and taken his developer access as well. What did he do to have his developer access removed?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:59:26 PM by Krisrules »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 02:53:32 PM »
I am not playing long time on HL2RP as Civil Authority unit for any long, so I did not meet Veran ICly any much. However, I did meet 113 (Kiwiee). I knew him before I ever started to play here, on CG. I would like to see him ingame again and I would like to SUPPORT his post. I hope this thing gets sorted out and I will see him ingame again. From my experiences with Veran, I found him friendly and suiting for the job and I personally don't see any good reason you may have had to remove him. I hope you read this and think about it, Raiden.

- Khubajsn

//EDIT:
we need to pet (...) this (...) or people gonnna start leaving CG.
^ This.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:05:14 PM by Khubajsn »

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »
I agree what he says is true. The thing pisses me off the most that Veran lost his developer and SeC rights which is disgraceful. we need to pet ion this to Rofl to make Veran to have his rights or people gonan start leaving CG.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 03:19:19 PM »
My two cents:

Okay you've removed Veran from SeC

But why did you take his CCA whitelist?

And his developer position?

EDIT: Or not, still says he's a Dev on the homepage, thus the below confusing me

You have removed veran from the SeC position he shared with you and taken his developer access as well. What did he do to have his developer access removed?

He's a junior developer now, which is just a rank.
Developers have ftp access and forum setting access, etc. Jnr Devs do not:

20:17 - Veran120: Junior Developer is just title.
20:17 - Veran120: It has no authorizations.
20:17 - Veran120: Developer is the one with right auths, forums settings, ftp access, etc.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:39:59 PM by Y2K-iwiee »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 03:29:54 PM »
Last I checked he didn't have box access in the first place...
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 03:37:26 PM »
For one - the developer rank is not even needed for a script developer. It's made for the forum developers, I still don't understand why the developer rank gets full forum control. It's dumb. It is a safety measure as when people get demoted from high ranking positions it tends to make them incredibly mad, and we took safety measures accordingly. If he had been patient before he started whining about it and talked to Raiden properly; he would have known it was going to be given back after a short while.

He is not removed from developer, he merely has his access temporarily revoked due to safety reasons. The same would most likely be done to me, even though some people think I'm mature enough not to let my anger take control of my actions. It's been done this way at every community I've joined, and most likely those I have never joined too. The developer rank has fuck all to do with their access to our assets, as it is only a rank to show on the forums. The reason I don't even want to give it to developers is because some people like to mess with settings they should not without taking it up with either me or Somone77 first, possibly rendering the forums unusable and broken until we fix it.

The day Raiden turns into RTLK, I'll be damned. I speak to Raiden daily and he is more mature than the rest of this community added together, and that is including the CCA. The CCA is a huge pile of shit and Raiden is actually trying to work on fixing it now. This is also why we have the new Commanders, even though I don't agree on the choice of some of them, which I have expressed to Raiden and he has agreed with me. If you think Raiden is an egotistical person, you have to think twice. He's sharing the power he has with his Commanders and will most likely barely do anything himself, but leave it to the Commanders like it should be done. The Sectoral commander should not be actively making changes and interfering with the CCA, it should be a oversight position. An ambassador to the 'Benefactors' that are actually running the system. This is how I have always imagined them, and I have always roleplayed them this way.

Some people need to get their facts straight before starting to spout bullshit all over the forums and chats, spreading rumors and lies. You all need to grow the fuck up and realize that this is a game and a community. It is not a democracy, and never will be. Live with that fact or leave. You people argue like it's the point of the world, and you all seem to think extremely highly of yourself, then point out and get mad at others when they do likewise. This is both IC and OOC, and it's making you look like huge twats.

If someone here makes a change you people do not like, you unleash the fury of a thousand beasts and don't stop before you either get banned or you win. You do not care for compromises, you do not care for others opinions; you care only for your own. I have had my arguments and bad conversations with Veran; he even is fully aware of this. He seems to be aware of my attitude for him, as he likes to point it out that I don't treat him nicely. That's what I'm talking about; if we don't talk to you a way you like, you get mad.

You get very mad, you get so mad it's intolerable to speak with you for longer than ten seconds. Here is how development works at CG; something breaks, they blame the first developer they see. Then that developer complains to another developer, which then starts an argument. I've been ordered around to do things by Veran as a developer, even though I say "I don't have the ability to do that", in an honest manner, he still tells me to do it. I'm tired and fed up of his bullshit as the egotistical person as you people like to toss around. If anyone seems like RTLK, it's him when it comes to the use of power and ranks.

Him and many other super administrators like to toss their rank around like it was no biggie. They don't care if they're accused of abusing, they just say "whatever" or "fuck it". One fine example of this is the Dakota unit situation. The entire situation was discovered in observer while I was on, and both Nicknero and Bluff go on their units then walk straight to her in a secluded alley that almost no one ever seems to check. I notify Veran of this afterwards when the situation has ended and the ban has been issued; and he dismisses it. If you people do not believe me, have some proof.

To go back to the whole "box access" topic that you people keep bringing up (it was brought up while I was typing this out); he never has and never will have box access. Ever. He has FTP, learn the difference between box and FTP. Box is a remote desktop connection, or terminal connection if you prefer. FTP is a socket connection that transfers information over the internet.

Oh and it's cute how you two bring up "favoritism", when you would run to Veran every time something happened to you and complain about it until everything went back to the normal. Yes, it is for the best of the CCA apparently. Bullshit. There's nothing that is for the best of our CCA, it is shit. It is never going to improve, it is at the state where it is broken beyond repair. This is why I do not put much effort into making changes, because there is no point in trying to improve what is broken.

TL;DR: Grow the fuck up, deal with the facts. This is not a democracy and never will be. Stop arguing, it will not improve anything; all you do is create more drama. If that is for the better of the community, you need to leave. Now.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »
You get very mad, you get so mad it's intolerable to speak with you for longer than ten seconds. Here is how development works at CG; something breaks, they blame the first developer they see. Then that developer complains to another developer, which then starts an argument. I've been ordered around to do things by Veran as a developer, even though I say "I don't have the ability to do that", in an honest manner, he still tells me to do it. I'm tired and fed up of his bullshit as the egotistical person as you people like to toss around. If anyone seems like RTLK, it's him when it comes to the use of power and ranks.
I've never once ordered you. All I was doing is requesting. If I ever ordered you, it was a joke. I'm sorry if it sounded real, never meant to. If I was also somehow mean, I apologize as well.

Him and many other super administrators like to toss their rank around like it was no biggie. They don't care if they're accused of abusing, they just say "whatever" or "fuck it". One fine example of this is the Dakota unit situation. The entire situation was discovered in observer while I was on, and both Nicknero and Bluff go on their units then walk straight to her in a secluded alley that almost no one ever seems to check. I notify Veran of this afterwards when the situation has ended and the ban has been issued; and he dismisses it. If you people do not believe me, have some proof.

As I said to Raiden:
Because I've been informed about completely other thing. Nicknero informed me that he found her ICly, and issued punishment ICly. By the time you informed me, I thought Raiden/Rofl were already taking care of that. But I didn't know that it wasn't found out properly.

Nonetheless, this whole situation made me realize many things. I need to talk with Raiden, and set straight many things, hopefully I'll have chance to correct many things I couldn't see earlier.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
Let me put my 2 cents in here as I feel I am just growing the anger.. Veran, A great guy and the most active of the 2 SeC's.. Always helping and never has faulty RP... He is a great admin to all and develops some nice things for the server. I feel that demoting him left a position for another unwise one to take, ICly these guys do not know everything and I see sometimes 02 going to OfC and it erks me to see that we have went this low.. I know I never had a bright past, so I know my words mean nothing.. people change.. Veran was good for what he offered even when he offered stuff out of the box.. I respect his decisions and how he makes them.  Surely I hope he will be revived of his job and put back to standards as I feel he is WELL fit for the job of Sectorial Commander.

GRID-01.738 out.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »
It seems Alex :D has beat me to the ranting.

So instead of adding my own rant here, I ask everyone to fully read Alex's post, and not just tl;dr.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal