Author Topic: Dexter Oswald's Authorization Application  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Ace

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dexter Oswald's Authorization Application
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:32:32 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: MK-Prodigy.
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2-3 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2-3 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Broad knowledge of chemistry and explosives.
The knowledge and ability to make homemade explosives using bleach and other chemicals.

Name: Dexter Oswald
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
     Dexter Oswald grew up as the definition of a nerd. Dexter developed poor eyesight, requiring him to wear eyeglasses from a very young age. Kids made fun of Dexter during grade school because of his eyeglasses. Dexter's 6th year of school was probably his worst. They called him cliché nicknames for people with glasses; four-eyes, bug-eyes, and so on. The kids in his class even beat him up occasionally. Dexter barely ever spoke at school. He always sat in the back of the class, reading a book. Dexter never got a grade lower than an A on any of his test. Most of the kids in his class resented him because of this. The kids in his class felt like he was trying to be better than them, and make them feel stupid.
     One day after school the kids ganged up around Dexter in the local park while he was reading one of his favorite books given to him by his mother. The kids made sure no adults were around to see what they were going to do. One of the bigger kids, Jeff, took his book away and threw it into a puddle of water. Dexter became very angry, then started to weep, knowing he wasn't strong enough fight back. The kids started to punch and kick him for what seemed like an eternity. They left him a bloodied and bruised pulp, laying in a puddle of his own piss. Dexter walked home that day a different person. He was no longer the same weak, scared little boy. He walked home that day with blood in his eyes, his favorite ruined book in his hands, and darkness in his heart.
     Dexter's mother was a chemistry professor at the local college. Just like her son, she wore eyeglasses and was quite a nerd. Dexter's mother was named Elizabeth. Elizabeth's life revolved around chemistry. Her mother and father were both chemist who raised their daughter to follow in their footsteps. When Elizabeth wasn't in the chemistry lab, she loved to read. Her son Dexter also loved to read. For one of Dexter's birthdays, Elizabeth got Dexter's favorite book autographed by the author. Dexter cherished this gift with all his heart. When Dexter was finished with all of his homework and chores, he would often work with Elizabeth in their chemistry lab. Elizabeth would get Dexter to put on a white lab coat and gloves. They would work together for hours, Elizabeth teaching her son about the properties of different chemicals. She told him some interesting facts about different chemicals. He learned that some explosives could be made from simple materials found around the house. 
    Henry Oswald was the husband of Elizabeth Oswald, and the father of his son Dexter Oswald. Henry was a miner. Henry used various types of explosives on the job. Henry would often take Dexter to work with him during his days off. Dexter would put on a mining helmet and safety gear and watch his father at work. Henry would teach his son about the different types of explosives used on the job. He would explain their properties, and how to safely handle them. Dexter learned a lot about explosives during the time he spent with his dad.
     When Dexter got home that night he vowed to get revenge on the bullies for making his life hell. When he was sure his parents were asleep, he went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of bleach. He went downstairs to his mother's chemistry lab. Dexter looked through all of her materials and chemicals. Dexter found a jar of potassium chlorate. After his mother told him it was possible to make explosives from simple materials around the house, he had looked around the Internet to learn more. He heated the potassium chlorate and filtered it. Small crystals were formed from the potassium chlorate. He repeated this step multiple times until he had enough of the small crystals. He then mixed the crystals with the bottle of bleach to create a very dangerous substance.
     Dexter snuck out of the house very careful not to wake his parents. He handled the explosive substance very carefully, making sure not to set it off. Jeff, the big kid  who ruined Dexter's favorite book, lived only a couple of blocks away. He got to Jeff's house and snuck into his backyard. Jeff had a pet dog. Jeff's dog was very kind, unlike his owner. As Dexter walked up to the dog, it wagged it's tail and licked its lips. Without a second of hesitation, Dexter duck taped the explosive onto the dog's back. Dexter than shook it to set the chemical reaction into motion. Dexter jumped the fence, almost losing his pair of eyeglasses, and ran home as fast as he could. When Dexter got to the end of the street, he heard an explosion that sounded like a very loud firework going off.
     The next day at school, Dexter sat at his desk with a grin on his face. When the rest of the class took their seats, Dexter noticed that Jeff had been crying. The teacher had asked Jeff to come up to her desk. Dexter assumed that she wanted to ask him why he had been crying. He saw Jeff silently explaining about what had happened to his pet. Jeff's teacher had put a hand on his back and tried to cheer him up. After Jeff had gone back to his seat, he and Dexter had made direct eye contact when Jeff reached for his textbook. Dexter smiled at him. Not a cheerful smile, but a smile that would only look right on the face of a killer.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Ability to make homemade explosives.
-Ability to use these grenades to further my RP experience and the RP of others around me.

Defects
-Would have to be EXTREMELY careful when making these explosives.
-Risk blowing myself up during the creation process.
-Would risk myself being killed or amputated due to possession of these explosives.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use my knowledge of homemade explosives to further the RP of myself and those around me. I also plan to use them to defend myself If I have to.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Just myself.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:57:44 PM by MK-Prodigy »

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dexter Oswald's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »
Restrictions:
No authorizations will be given via authorization applications for be the following:
•Weapons/Ammunition

Either find a way to change this in a way that doesent require script weapons / ammuniion, or discard the idea. Up to you.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline Ace

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »
I've modified it. Not requesting any script weapons.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 12:51:28 AM »
 I +support this.  I liked the application and you're not applying for anything too serious, so it's fine with me.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:53:04 AM by Kronic »

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 04:57:49 PM »
Alright, I'll give admins 24 hours to post their opinions, and then I will post my a verdict. I'll also touch basis with Raiden on this.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 01:31:20 AM »
+support

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 01:15:45 PM »
Accepted; however I spoke to you and still have to speak to Raiden about a few things.  It's mainly just clarifying what you can/can't do, but the auth is accepted as of now.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:59:56 AM by Kom??Як »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal