Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Ian Pettit's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Mr. Pettit

[ACCEPTED] Ian Pettit's Civil Authority Application
« on: February 13, 2012, 08:41:12 PM »
Ian Pettit's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Mr. Pettit

IC Character Name: Ian Pettit

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Ian's experiences in life have lead to him becoming what he thinks is a productive member of society by being a Loyalist. He has always dreamed of eventually joining the ranks of the Officers who patrol the streets of City 45 because he knows that others respect them and that he wants to become an important part of the men and women who keep the city together. For the length of time that he has been in the city, Ian has accumulated 14 points and counting from his effort to be a loyal and trustworthy citizen. Ian knows the obvious power of the Combine, and he strongly believes that if they can take over Earth in seven hours then they must be a better choice than a typical Human goverment and cannot be messed with. Even if Earth is much different from his old life now, he can say that he has done productive work to help his community.

Due to these beliefs, Ian is hated by a large portion of the City which he has learned to try his best to overcome when others do make remarks. He knows that making trouble like them is going to get him into bad spots, so he spends all of his time away from there doing prodective activities. Whether it is scrubbing streets, washing windows, or reporting illegal items throughout the town and overall just staying out of trouble. Ian has had a very long time to ponder his thoughts, and eventually made what he truely does believe is the right choice his main priority in this world as he helps others among himself. Civilians pass him by, noticing his armband that signifies what he lives for. He also observes the officers. They stand for power, authority, and hope in Ian's mind.

Because of Ian's positive attitude and effort, Officers give Ian compliments that give him that little boost to continue what he does. Even if he is a Loyalist, that doesn't mean he gets any royal treatment which he understands. Ian's hard working attitude and positive outlook on the future of his life are what fuels him to keep going. He takes self pride in the work he does, and continues to do for his city. Through all of it, all that Ian wishes is that he will eventually be rewarded for his his sacrifice and loyalty for the Combine. Until then, he does his part for what he cares for, his "home".

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Ian has a few traits that are quite important in what he is. He is very humble, which makes him very helpful towards others, especially his superiors. He is also a trustworthy individual. If he is given a task, he makes sure that it is completed as efficient and as quickly as possible. Lastly, he is a quick learner. Ian has had to adapt to his surroundings wherever he has gone in life. Without this important trait, he would most likely be dead by now from making incorrect decisions, but he certainly is far from perfect.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect the Combine Civil Authority to be a very rewarding, but hard job. I know that it comes with responsibility, but i know i can respect the responsibility and fulfill what is expected of me instead of abusing my roll as an officer. I'll make sure to RP correctly with my ranks as well as around civilians. I'm also expecting to have to use my patience and do lots of hands on work like filling out forms and checking civilians along with helping them if i am required.

But for Ian, he'll be quite scared yet honored for being picked to join the Civil Protection. The scare comes natural to all, but a bit more for Ian since he didn't spend much time around others. He'll overcome his fears and climb out of his shyness to become a more hardened and refined person. So overall he'll be a bit scared for a while, but eventually adapt and use his authority for what it i meant for and hopefully climb the ranks of the Civil Protection and make name for himself.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Ian Pettit was born on a rather hazy, hot and humid day central Florida. A typical day in August for sure in the southeast. He was born inside one of the many extremely busy hospitals in the area that was delivering new life that day. There in Florida, Ian spent most of his life learning about his ever growing fascination with technology in which he always desired to learn more about since a very young age which was sparked by the simple question of how a television worked. His obsession with technology kept him indoors most of the time tinkering with things, which made him a shy kid in school and in his neighborhood. The average kid spent most of their time outside to places, or hanging out with friends. Ian, on the other hand was inside trying new ideas and learning. He was living with his mother at the time, who he cared for just as she cared so much about him. They kept each other company, making it though life just fine for the years to come.

His father divorced his mother when he was young, and he was an abusive alchoholic, so he wasn't home much anyway which Ian didn't mind in the least bit. By the time Ian had graduated High School, he aquired enough knowlege about tech to fill a thick phone book. He took pride in his hobby, and as the years went on, he strived to join a techncal institute of some sort to further his hobby into a respectable career, but things changed. Gasoline had risen in price over the years and pollution was eating at the Earth. Many people had to sacrifice their old ways of life and struggle to make a living and to live a comfortable life. Ian followed the stuggle for the world to pull along with everyone else due to economy, resource, and environmental issues. But when the unexpected happened, it was all over. The Combine had invaded earth, and with the large governments of the world crumbling as it was, they had no chance. Not enough time to act wasn't even a factor that would've saved us either. The war ended in a mere seven hours. The Combine now occupied Earth, making all lose hope.

Ian was separated from the last of his fragile family during a failed evacuation from his town when the war was going on. After the cities were sectioned off under Combine control, Ian was sent from Florida to City 14 along with some other civilians that had no clue what was going on, and were too scared to even think about the subject. In the new City, Ian had many occurances involving flashbacks. The horrid memoried of the sounds of police sirens ripping through the air, gunshots, explosions, and screams and that wretched image of a portal ripping into the sky haunted Ian for a quite a few years, but Ian had to adapt or succomb to the awful memories. Ian, like many others, were relocated to other cities even after the first. He was moved to City 45 after his time in 14. Here, he accepted his fate. There wasn't going to be any other authority besides the Combine. With a name like "Combine", nothing was going to stop them. So, Ian became what he ultimately found to be, "useful". He saught out to stop Anti-Civil activity in the town to the rather menacing looking, yet respected officers patrolling the city and keeping it safe. And as time went on, Ian's tech knowlege become rustier and rustier not being able to work on things on a basis that he did before. One day after reporting drug activity, an officer handed him his reward, a blue loyalist armband. Ian now wears it proudly as he roams the streets of the city he has called home among the many others, stiving to one day become something people can respect.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No. I have never had a Civil Protection character.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
4 Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
3 Years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Almost 2 months

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America

6. How old are you?
16 Years old

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable experience so far was on another HL2RP server. During ration distribution, the cps search everyone entering the building. One civilian had a lot of illegal books on him, and it got him into obvious trouble. Other civilians thought it would be alright to take the books, since nobody was looking, and they were rare. They were also arrested, which led to a huge event in which the Resistance and Civil Protection battled in the streets and took out key figures on both sides.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Ian Pettit
CID: 19212
Height: 6'3
Hair Colour Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel Green
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 175
Mental Distinctions: Intelligent and strong
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities: Fast learner and loyal

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to join the Combine Civil Authority to aid a righteous cause and to make a name for myself in the world lawfully instead of rebelling from the Combine. I have been working my way towards my overall goal of eventually becoming an officer, and helping my city.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Ian Pettit hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:49:54 PM by DJ Purple »

Offline Mr. Pettit

Re: Ian Pettit's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »
Edited some grammatical errors.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ian Pettit's Civil Authority Application