Author Topic: My thoughts on Crime in Outlands  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My thoughts on Crime in Outlands
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:40:55 PM »
This is getting a bit rediculous. The crime rp in outlands is getting horrible and annoying as fuck. Its not realistic and its ruining others RP so here we go, another rant post by Statua.

Their Wants

It seems all people do when roleplaying a criminal in outlands is try to get the guns and ammunition. Sometimes they want items like flashlights and radios. This is fine, if it was OCRP in a non survival rp environment. Never have i seen anyone mug someone for food, a rarity in the outlands. Do you guys ever eat ICly? I would rather steal someones 24 pack of Bushes Best Beans then a magazine if 9mm rounds if I was living in the mountains with no food source.

Their Lifestyle

This sort of relates to the above topic. I see them running around, climbing hills, jumping off high spots. But where did they get the energy to do that? All you might find in the woods is some plants. (if there are animals, and admin needs to clarify that) Also, if youre constantly running around with nowhere to rest then you will have no energy left to do anything. (not all crime groups avoid rest but i see quite a few)

Their Aggression

This part is really odd. You're a citizen who escaped the city and travelled 300km from the outercanals to the mountains. You still would rather kill a non-union human for a gun? You just killed one human who might have been able to save your ass from overwatch or Xen life. Ok you have your gun. Whooptie doo want a cookie? If I wanted, I could take the alliance and rob every single fucking person on the outlands for their guns. But I wont. Why? Because its shit rp. After being forced into a life of poverty and oppression, the last thing I want to do is destroy people who could help me get my life back. Think about it. Why does your character want to kill another human? Especially considering what he/she wen through.

Their RP

Maybe I wouldn't hate criminals so mich if they jad a bit of etiquitte. RP etiquitte that should be taken into consideration when playing a criminal is:
-Allow the other person to finish typing before typing yourself
-Do not shoot anybody directly without them giving you the ok. If theres a dispute then contact an admin.
-Dont run everywhere. It looks shitty and is unrealistic. Next time you visit a hilly area, try sprinting around for 20 minites and tell me if tou still want to help me move some logs into my truck.
-Read physical descriptions. They contain important information at times, including armoir they might not have on oocly
-Type one line of text until it doesnt fit. Dont type multiple short lines. Eg:
J:Alrigt
J: All of you.
J: Come with me
This is shitty. Do this instead:
J: Alright. All of you. Come with me.

TL;DR

Ask yourself, why does your character want to ruin chances at getting normal life back? Why does he/she want to destroy something that will help them in the future? Why does he/she want to betray his/her own race? If your character is fucked up then follow the rp etiquitte i mentioned above.

Offline Cowgirl*^_^*

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My thoughts on Crime in Outlands
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:59:28 PM »
Lol it's turned into a almost gang war rp server really ive even invited people to eat and they decline XD

Fucka you haters XD

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
Statua, once again you beautifully flush out a serious problem. Yes, I am quit sick of this. Like how my char was almost raped in the mountains. You can see the BR for the guy. But that doesn't matter, what does is, it is being turned into a minge fest. Like "gangs" That go around mugging people. I hate to put out names, but Dank bragged about it earlier in the Shoutbox. (Sorry bro.) I try not to sprint around like a fucking maniac while on Outlands, but when I only have, 30 mins to play; this map is fucking huge, so sometimes if your pressed for time, you just gotta get there fast. Another annoying thing is, wait, let me give you an example.:.

* [={.N.A.L.}=] Renegade Awsome quickly runs out of the cave with the rapist, but misses the ledge and fails, breaking her leg

** Not to far up the road are some people. About maybe 90 passes

/s help me!

** They run away

See? It saddens me that RP is going down the drain. Or I am just seeing a pocket of mingery.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 04:26:47 PM »
This is so true!
Also some people who RP as black people, they try and act like a really stereotypical black person. This one time on Outercanals I was walking with Kira (She had to DC) And two black people with AR2s walked up to me and started randomly shouting abuse for NO reason, and aiming their guns at me. ICly I did nothing wrong and was like "Its ok, I will just leave you be." And I slowly walked away from the scene, they were saying things like "This nigger thinks he is ard!" And shit like that. And then they S2Ked me with no reaction time, luckily I got them both banned, but its NOT ok to RP like this.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »
Shit. Joke those two had both my AR2s they shit rp stole from me. Who banned them?

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »
Shit. Joke those two had both my AR2s they shit rp stole from me. Who banned them?
I said this was on Outercanals, this was quite a while ago
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
This is so true!
Also some people who RP as black people, they try and act like a really stereotypical black person. This one time on Outercanals I was walking with Kira (She had to DC) And two black people with AR2s walked up to me and started randomly shouting abuse for NO reason, and aiming their guns at me. ICly I did nothing wrong and was like "Its ok, I will just leave you be." And I slowly walked away from the scene, they were saying things like "This nigger thinks he is ard!" And shit like that. And then they S2Ked me with no reaction time, luckily I got them both banned, but its NOT ok to RP like this.

It is an unspoken rule that near everybody that has a black model is a MingeBag, in fact, I have only seen or known about two people that have actually Rped a black person with any sort of quality, and they are both dead. This usually applies to both the city and outlands servers.

inb4 "Loves Fried Chicken and Watermelons"
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 10:45:09 PM »
This is so true!

It is an unspoken rule that near everybody that has a black model is a MingeBag, in fact, I have only seen or known about two people that have actually Rped a black person with any sort of quality, and they are both dead. This usually applies to both the city and outlands servers.

inb4 "Loves Fried Chicken and Watermelons"

I have a few black characters... people always act really surprised when I roleplay on them. If you're a good roleplayer, I'd recommend you try playing a character who is something other than the typical Caucasian male. The server is just chock full of them, and they're pretty much all the same. Even if your roleplay style doesn't differ very much, the sheer effect of using an uncommon playermodel will often help you stand out.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:50:11 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 12:48:34 AM »
Sound reasoning, I might try one out later on, imagine the look on someone's face if I told them my CCA unit was black in the future.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 07:26:12 AM »
This place is not for crime, people think that because it is not in the city means they can act like criminals. This has to decrease dramatically, or better yet stop.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:58 AM »
I was talking to some "criminals" yesterday and this was their excuse:
"We ran away from the city and are desperate for supplies." which is dumb because of all the traders that come by, none wanted food or water. Some guy came by looking for clothes.   I thought it was legit so i told him about the jeans and t-shirt in the back i could get. He then oocly told me he meant my vest...

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
I think this might have something to do with the recent spike in players on the outlands map. I'm not on very often, as I'm usually on the city map and I've noticed somewhat of a drop in players there and an increase on outlands. You probably got a lot of the minges we had on the city server. Not to say we don't have any minges on there anymore, as we always will. I planned to get Ep.2 so I could see the entire map with no errors so I could enjoy my time on the outlands map, but if you say its just a huge mingefest, I may not waste my money. I get enough of dealing with minges as a CCA unit on the city. I don't need that as someone trying to play survival RP on outlands and constantly getting mingerobbed with shit RP. Knowing me, I'd lose my temper after awhile and get a gun and just "RDM" minges. I don't need to be banned for taking measures into my own hands so I think I'll stay away from the outlands if its that bad.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 12:04:10 PM »
This "Crime" Rate is putting Detroit to shame, people. I offer a simple solution, more admins. Namely Statua.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 03:56:38 PM »
Its not really a minge fest. Sure there are minges but thats the good thing with a huge map. You can go for hours whthout even knowing theres a problem. The rp quality on outlands is still greater then that of the city, if you hang around the right spots.

Also, renegade that would be nice but i would soon get ot revoked. Leonard is so busy ICly, it took me two hours to get away from everyone and talk to SatNs character. I wouldn't have time to deal with OOC problems. The admins now are fine. Theres nothing they can do about criminals right now as theres no rules to enforce on them.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 05:18:07 PM »
This is a very generalized topic and my opinion on this is neutral. All criminals are not how you have described them, and such criminals give other criminals a very bad name.
game over

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal