Author Topic: [DENIED]Gerald Furman's Civil Worker Application  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Jasdahlk

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED]Gerald Furman's Civil Worker Application
« on: February 07, 2012, 02:35:30 AM »
~IC PART~
Full Name: Gerald Furman
Citizen identification(CID): 14500
Last Assigned Apartment Number: UCH:B1
Total Loyalist Points: 0
Sex: Male

How long have you been in City45:
Transferred from City 8 two days ago.

Why do you want to join the CWU?:
As a citizen of the Universal Union, it is my duty to serve others within this Union. By applying my skills to this trade, I hope to better myself, others, and the Union through hard work, diligence, and loyalty.

Have you ever been detained before?(If so why):
As a loyal citizen, I have never been detained.

Past experience with work/labor:
20 years of education (4 years of medical school). 3 years of residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital. Pre-war experience running own clinic in rural town. Pre-war experience running clinic in city.

Name 4 things the CWU Can possess, and 4 things we cant. Also state why.:
Workers may carry radios, to be contacted by other workers or by CCA officers. Medical workers may carry authorized medicines and other utensils such as Paracetamol for pain relief and reducing fever symptoms, bandages to bind wounds, and needles for the administration of other medicines. Workers may possess shipments, for the purpose of selling products to citizens. Workers may also carry any Union distributed items like any other citizen.
Workers may not possess non-Union distributed food, clothing, or books; these items are considered level three contraband. Workers may not possess unauthorized medical supplies; carrying such supplies without authorization may be considered a level two offense. Workers may not carry any police force items, such as zipties or door locks; these items are also considered level two contraband for anyone not a CCA officer. Lastly, workers may not carry any level one contraband, such as firearms or ammunition.

Tell us about what you can do.:
Having served as a physician for 11 years after receiving my medical license, I am experienced in numerous areas of medicine. I have experience in treating patients with the utmost respect and care, even in situations of great stress. I am dedicated to my work, and am always willing to lend a hand to citizens in need.

If a citizen asks for help and is new to the city, what would you do?:
As a worker, I would be well-equipped to answer any questions they may have (or deferring to another worker, should I be unable to answer them myself). I would offer a tour of the city, to help the citizen became acquainted with their surroundings. Also, I could help the citizen "break the ice" by introducing them to other citizens, who would no doubt help the new citizen settle in more easily.

~OOC Section~
Name: Jasdahlk
Timezone: UTC -6
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:29270475
Roleplay Experience: Several years.
Serious Roleplay Experience: 4 weeks.
Detail a regular day as a worker of the CWU?:
An average workday for a Union worker consists primarily of assisting citizens: from setting up a stand near the plaza and providing information, to running a shop and providing products, to running the medical center and caring for injured citizens.
A worker has a greater obligation to serve the Union than the responsibilities of a regular citizen; they must take more care to report crimes and provide help to the Civil Protection wherever possible. Workers may also delegate tasks to citizens to help them develop their desire to serve the Union, and providing rewards where deemed necessary.

Character Backstory:
Born in 1974, Gerald Furman grew up in a loving home in the town of Westwood, New Jersey. His father was a doctor, and Gerald admired him for the miracles he worked. He grew up wanting to be like his father, so he worked hard at school to earn scholarships for college.

Graduating from college in 1997, Gerald went straight into Medical School. Prepared adequately by his father's experience, Gerald soared through Medical School and soon entered internship. In 2001, he began his three years of residency at the New York Presbyterian Hospital. These were easily the most difficult years of his education so far. Working at one of world's leading hospitals, Gerald was subjected to all manner of medical emergencies, scientific breakthroughs, violence, and even corruption within the system.

In 2004, when Dr. Furman received his medical license, he left the New York Presbyterian Hospital and went back to his hometown of Westwood to open his own clinic, partly to get away from the violence of the city and partly because his hometown was in need. Ten years later, after his clinic had become very successful due to his revolutionary policies, he went back to New York to open a new clinic for run-down parts of the city, hoping to find and make change for the better.

What he found was the violence and chaos he had left behind those years ago. Disheartened by all of this, though still dedicated to providing services to his fellow humans, Gerald worked as best as he could to build a strong foundation for a new clinic in the city where it was desperately needed, growing depressed the longer he stayed.

It was during a much-needed vacation overseas when Gerald's joy was rekindled by the event that changed humankind forever: the coming of the Combine. Though the initial wave was fearsome and destructive, what it left in its wake (in his eyes) was peace and prosperity. All mankind had to do was reach out and embrace it.

Though now trapped away from home, Gerald is still dedicated to serving his fellow citizens through the opportunities provided by the Benefactors. Gerald wishes to make a new home here and join the ranks of the Civil Workers Union as a medical worker, putting his skills to use to serve his fellow citizens and the Universal Union together.

/edit: Minor tweaks to grammar.
/edit2: Changes to backstory and formatting.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:17:49 AM by Purple »
HL2RP Character(s):

John Ark (CID:88210) {} ALIVE {} Adjusting to life in City 45

Gerald Furman (CID: 14500) {} ALIVE {} Waiting for an inteview to join the CWU

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gerald Furman's Civil Worker Application
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 02:54:55 AM »
[OOC: I'm not sure Commanders of the Diversions from CWU are allowed to write in applications, but I will make a try.

What I can read in your backstory when the combine/U.U. came your last position was in New York, but our server is somewhere in Europa, can you explain how you can travel from New York to the city you wish to work in?
And, transferred from New York to Europa with a dropship, teleport, train would not work. as the distance is too long + I guess every kind of ships was destroyed in the ocean. OOC]

Credit goes to jackal

Offline Jasdahlk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:57:38 AM »
//Thanks very much for your input! I completely overlooked that issue, so thank you for bringing it to my attention. Hope it makes more sense now!
HL2RP Character(s):

John Ark (CID:88210) {} ALIVE {} Adjusting to life in City 45

Gerald Furman (CID: 14500) {} ALIVE {} Waiting for an inteview to join the CWU

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 09:44:31 AM »
Accepted for a interview

I look forward to meeting you in person. ~ James Tavener

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal