Author Topic: Ban Strike System  (Read 8460 times)

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ban Strike System
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »
I agree with both parts.. a banpoint system would be nice, so that repeating rulebreakers get perma'd automatically, but having a global ban list is just not good either

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »
Ye we really need this it would help admins and the servers.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »
Since this was never properly answered, according to RoflWaffle, it doesn't appear that he wants to have a global bans list.

The reason for his thinking is this: If you get banned from OCRP, for example, for "Fail RP" and it was something simple and not too big, you shouldn't also be banned on GMR, for example, for Failing on roleplay. If we have a new player, a first-timer, and he accidentally metagames a few different times and doesn't know the proper rules and gets banned, why should he be banned from all of the servers? If that happened to me, I'd probably give up on the community and find another without interest in any of their other servers.
Yeah, it would be stupid to be banned from all servers. Back in Pulsar Effect when I first started RP'ing, I got banned for metagaming, but from ALL servers. I was mad, and couldn't do anything buy wait.

Offline FuriousJack95

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 06:55:36 AM »
Oh that might be it, I'm familiar with SMF but not super good with it.
OC's Forums used SMF3

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 07:18:59 AM »
Oh that might be it, I'm familiar with SMF but not super good with it.
OC's Forums used SMF3

They used SMF1. Also, this is not an dicussion about what SMF they used.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal