Author Topic: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e VMF Release  (Read 8235 times)

Offline .:KFrohman:.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e VMF Release
« on: January 22, 2012, 09:56:08 PM »
I KNOW I'M GONNA GET A LOT OF STICK FOR THIS - I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

This is it, the whole unedited release of the latest developer version of City 45 for you to do whatever with. Learn, enhance, improve, fix, I don't care really, all I ask is you leave the credits' textures as is and leave them in position.

Veran said to me that if I was to do this, I'd lose my unit at CG but to be quite fucking honest, I haven't played much, if at all in the last two weeks, and my disposition is simply "couldn't give many fucks", so feel free to hit it with a delete hammer.

Things you should be aware of:

• You NEED EP1, EP2, CS:S AND L4D2 to use this. Merge all the game models, materials, sounds etc. into the EP2 game. Source SDK to be run with the EP2 game, 2009 engine.

• Included are custom models and materials (decals, credits etc.) not related to any of the games mentioned above. Drop them into your EP2 directory.
  • Use vbct for compiling, with the following settings:

VBSP:  -notjunc
VRAD: -textureshadows -StaticPropPolys -LargeDispSampleRadius

Map TODO list:

• The nexus front. I began rebuilding it two days ago and made good progress, UNTIL one of the brushes decided to be LOLNOPE and decide to invalidate half of its' face for NO REASON. May require total rebuild again. Replaced nexus doors, however one of the subsections with the hazard markings has a broken face which means the whole subsection needs replacing. NB. This is why I'm releasing it, because the nexus front is a complete load of fuck and REFUSES to work with me.

• CWU HQ has had NO changes done to it because it was low priority, and the fruit never gave me black prints. If you chose to develop it further, hassle this guy.

• As of current, the lighting seems to be fine, not fucking up like before. If it does (see: Random splotches of light in an otherwise unlit area), consider removing some func_details.

I might post more later... I dunno. Does this mean I'm leaving CG? No, but I've considered it. I'm moving back to OCRP where I can have more fun.

Enjoy.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e VMF Release
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 09:59:59 PM »
"Veran said to me that if I was to do this, I'd lose my unit at CG"
Can we go ahead and Demote Veran, SeC gotten to his head and he already lied to a SA today about knowing of a CEP at the trainsation.

Other than that im sad but someone might pick up on the map :(

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 10:12:30 PM »
Other than that im sad but someone might pick up on the map :(

Anyone can try. 1% will succeed. That's how fucked the nexus front is.

NRK

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:18:39 PM »
I will create the greatest map HL2RP has ever contemplated with this vmf. Thank you so fucking much.

This is one sloppy map I will say, though. My version of the map will be smaller, but more compact.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 10:29:08 PM »
Veran said to me that if I was to do this, I'd lose my unit at CG

Blackmail much? He cannot do that at all.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 10:39:07 PM »
Thanks for the VMF, I'll give this a look now.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 11:32:54 PM »

He's a SeC a dev and raidens friend, he can do whatever he wants. (no trolling intended)

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e VMF Release
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 12:16:03 AM »
Well, I hope you've enjoyed your time at HL2RP. I'm sure you'll have a blast at OCRP. And I'm not trying to get in the middle of anything, but what Veran is doing can be considered black mail. Anyways, hopefully you find your way back to hl2rp one day.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 01:36:10 AM »

He's a SeC a dev and raidens friend, he can do whatever he wants. (no trolling intended)
Waiting to speak to him when he gets online. Anyone friends with me is not immune to the rules and I won't hesitate to remove ANYONE not complying and breaking set rules. People with ranks whether they're admin, high ranking in a faction are not exceptions to this.

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 02:55:57 AM »
Development is ready for the CWU HQ.
In fact, I have deleopment ready for District C (new development for the map) and a redo of the nexus, all in blackprints format.

I was waiting for kaz to remove his LONOPE status so that he would actually speak to me and realise that what I've said was true:

You ARE throwing eveything you've worked for away. Frinds at HL2RP AND ALL.

Regardless. I'm not going to have a pissy argument on the server, what's done is done and can not be reversed. I'll pack the development including some 3D model images of the new nexus and ship it to whoever asks for it. However, I'll only ship it to people that deserve it and can actually do something with mapping without looking at the Texdata and thinking "Fuck I have like no textures left to do something useless to the map anyway so I'll just take a hammer to it).
Other than that. I have nothing to say, PM me why you should deserve the development, and I'll consider it.

Edit: fuck it, I've got to do some defending.

Veran was right to do what he did raiden, if you don't know the mentality of kaz he's the biggest fuck in the world to try and do anything with collaboratively, he even suggested I paid him for giving him the development.
If kaz goes on one of his stupid pissy rages where he threatens to throw everything away (which has happened here) then the only way to stop him is use weather bitter realisation (which has 50% success rate) or blackmail him. In short.

Veran was trying to keep the map exclusive to the community, do the community AND deal with kaz's depressive rants which evolve around him threatening to leak an leave every two days or so. I assure you trying to suppress that is one of the harder things I've done here at CG,
Other than that, trying to look after a community that has their own vocal opinion on everything, usually compiled of "do/don't do this or I'll leave! Omg!", with everyone disagreeing with each other over pissy little things.

I have full support for veran and what he does. Especially seeing as kaz is being his usual self and blowing what veran said out of proportion anyway.

In short. Deal with it or fuck you.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 03:23:22 AM by Y2K-iwiee »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 03:19:27 AM »
Bump because I don't give a fuck about double postin or any fucking shit.
My post has taken an angry to the face. I suggest you read it while I go get some damned tea and calm the fuck down.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 04:29:14 AM »

Waiting to speak to him when he gets online. Anyone friends with me is not immune to the rules and I won't hesitate to remove ANYONE not complying and breaking set rules. People with ranks whether they're admin, high ranking in a faction are not exceptions to this.

Glad to hear that all of sudden everyone is against me, basing on some rumour which is not even true.

For your people information: I never told him that he will lose unit on CG if he releases it. NEVER. I never threatened him like this, I never said that he'll lose unit, never blackmailed him.
But should you see me talking with him - consisted of drama, and only drama. Kazuo was saying how bad CG is, and how he doesn't want to be part of it, how he is planning to release the map and he doesn't care at all. Damn, I regret I didn't take a screenshot. HE was threatening me that if he doesn't get OfC(T) the .vmf will be released. He was saying how everything in CG is bad and how he'll feed GMod community with our map and how CG will fall.
Because of short miscommunication between me and Kiwiee at the time when OfC(T) training programme was introduced, Kazuo was about to get OfC(T), but since miscommunication I placed him back to EpU. Then he started drama, about everything. Read above. Then somehow I agreed to forget about this situation and give him a chance as OfC(T).

And once again: I never once threatened him that if he releases .vmf he'll lose his unit. Never.
But I am glad (not) to see that people make judgement based on rumours, instantly turning against me.
I never considered myself being able to do whatever I want, I never considered myself above others.

Any more questions to me?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:38:59 AM by Veran120 »
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 04:38:20 AM »
Good god, how did this get so out of hand?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 05:43:18 AM »
Development is ready for the CWU HQ.
In fact, I have deleopment ready for District C (new development for the map) and a redo of the nexus, all in blackprints format.

I was never made aware of a "District C" because you never fucking told me. I was waiting for you to give me the black prints of the CWU HQ as you said you'd send me them shortly after sending me a 3D preview from TS3, but that never happened.

I was waiting for kaz to remove his LONOPE status so that he would actually speak to me and realise that what I've said was true:

You ARE throwing eveything you've worked for away. Frinds at HL2RP AND ALL.

Under the misconception I actually care these days.

Veran was right to do what he did raiden, if you don't know the mentality of kaz he's the biggest fuck in the world to try and do anything with collaboratively, he even suggested I paid him for giving him the development.

Is that why we successfully built an extension to the RDT and made a completely new training facility? I'm fairly sure that if it was trouble to do collab, none of the mentioned would have happened. As for  the second bit, If I did say that, it was in a joking way, something you are certainly aware of.

If kaz goes on one of his stupid pissy rages where he threatens to throw everything away (which has happened here) then the only way to stop him is use weather bitter realisation (which has 50% success rate) or blackmail him. In short.

The reason I'm doing this is because the map has no use for me because it's simply not doing what I want/need it to, and it's got to the point where I really can't be bothered.

Veran was trying to keep the map exclusive to the community, do the community AND deal with kaz's depressive rants which evolve around him threatening to leak an leave every two days or so. I assure you trying to suppress that is one of the harder things I've done here at CG,

what.

In short. Deal with it or fuck you.

meh.

For your people information: I never told him that he will lose unit on CG if he releases it. NEVER. I never threatened him like this, I never said that he'll lose unit, never blackmailed him.

Maybe not those direct words but something that meant as much.

But should you see me talking with him - consisted of drama, and only drama. Kazuo was saying how bad CG is, and how he doesn't want to be part of it, how he is planning to release the map and he doesn't care at all. Damn, I regret I didn't take a screenshot. HE was threatening me that if he doesn't get OfC(T) the .vmf will be released. He was saying how everything in CG is bad and how he'll feed GMod community with our map and how CG will fall.
Because of short miscommunication between me and Kiwiee at the time when OfC(T) training programme was introduced, Kazuo was about to get OfC(T), but since miscommunication I placed him back to EpU. Then he started drama, about everything. Read above. Then somehow I agreed to forget about this situation and give him a chance as OfC(T).

This is true, but the fact is I had long term plans that involved getting a final release out (what was going to be x1e but you know), then waiting about 2-3 months before handing it to the GMod community. You make it sound as if I was going to start up a community and make CG fall. Nonsense. CG is falling apart and has done for a while, bit by bit. Let's not forget this isn't the first time a miscommunication has occurred. It happened what... another time about 5 days later?

And once again: I never once threatened him that if he releases .vmf he'll lose his unit. Never.

You did, V. Like I said, maybe not those words exactly but it meant the same regardless.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:51:30 AM by Captain Controversial »

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 06:11:09 AM »
Good god, how did this get so out of hand?

Because kaz

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal