Author Topic: Rumors of a HL2RP Map Change?  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rumors of a HL2RP Map Change?
« on: January 20, 2012, 03:34:02 PM »
I was on the server yesterday and people started talking about "the next map change." Someone mentioned the map updates were awesome or something like that which started a lot of speculation that the map was going to be changed. So I'm asking if the map is being changed or not? Is this all just a misunderstanding? Is it true or false? What's the deal?

I don't personally support a map change at all, but maybe some map addons or small changes to C45. No other map has the right accommodations for our factions. For example, what other city has a Nexus large enough to support the current CCA we have? None that I've ever seen have facilities for training of all the divisions, a med bay room, an HCMR, an interrogation room, plenty of detainment that's easily accessed, a firing range, or anything else that we have really. Any map change for the city server of hl2rp would actually cut way down on RP capability. This is an obvious fact, as lack of space would make recruit training obsolete for the most part.

Not to mention the size of C45. Why downgrade from a larger map that often fills up with 40 people, to a much smaller map such as C18 that some people seem to support a change to? The only thing I can see a map change doing is limiting and cutting down on RP. Of course if there is no map change, then there's no cause for alarm I suppose. If there is, I suggest those who are in charge of changing the map take what I've stated into account before you change it.

Someone should really set the record straight on this whole map change issue though, as its starting to cause a lot of questions to be asked and a lot of confusion. Best to nip it in the bud before too many false rumors spread.

Re: Rumors of a HL2RP Map Change?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »
Its most likely a map update seeing all the shit maps we've been on this is the only one that fits us so perfectly.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline [FL:RP] Calle

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 05:41:38 AM »
If you ask me, the current map is cool for me. I tried another hl2rp, and in that server, the map really sucked
I wonder why chickens can't fly... Well, all in this catalyst cant :/

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rumors of a HL2RP Map Change?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 12:38:08 AM »
Most likely a map update. Definitely not a change... I still luv C11 though <3

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:41:42 AM »
Map will not change. We will however have map updates applied to the server. Rumors are false and on that note I'm locking this thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal