Author Topic: Where would you like to go next?  (Read 15038 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Where would you like to go next?
« on: March 31, 2013, 12:51:28 PM »
I think we can all agree that the mountains are getting old. Why I didnt do this in the first place I dont know but whatever. Anyway lets figure out what setting we will move to. I'll just list a whole bunch and you can choose. There will be 2 votes. One over the next week to get some numbers, you can choose any many places as you like, and another featuring the top three most voted where you can only vote once.

If you have any places you'd like to see that aren't on this list, feel free to post here with a reference image about it.

The Places

Coast
Click to see the original size.
This would be similar to the coast you see in HL2RP with the high cliffs and coastal towns.

Ruined City
Basically, sort of like Outercanals but more city-like. The streets would also be flooded in knee high waters.

Jungle
Thick dense jungle with hidden cliffs, running riverss, and lots of vegetation.

Better Mountains
More rocky mountains with less open space and more rock walls to cut visibility.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Where would you like to go next?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »
I think either coast or the ruined city, both of those sound pretty good.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 01:01:11 PM »
Tough suggestions...I like Ruined city and Jungle....can we vote twice?!

Edit: Also, if you do make the ruined, flooded city like you said in the other map how its knee height in most places but deeper in others, will there be part of buildings that will be submerged entirely and even untouched parts of buildings/the map that are only accessible via diving and swimming there? I think that could hold nice passive of swimming or when trying to swim away in a rush from OTA or whatever, the fearRP of panicking and drowning or something. Also, I think it would be amazing it you did C45 ruins. Plus it would be much less work for you. Make it so the Nexus is destroyed by accessible. All you'd have to do is ask Oz for C45 and edit it up. Plus seeing as its destroyed, you can break down the wall boundaries of the city so people are not confined solely to the City itself but can go on the outskirts of the walls and stuff where there can be nigger rigged huts and stuff. Idk.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:12:16 PM by Rap Master Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 01:44:15 PM »
Ruined City, but make sure there's a lot of places that /aren't/ underwater, because all AquaRP would be boring right quick

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 02:00:47 PM »
Coast-line; swimming, somehow manipulation of the Leeches, which could add some RP. Just a nice area to see.
Jungle; there would be a least some form of wild-life. And a whole slew f added RP possibilities.

Dem votes 4 roover
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 03:41:41 PM »
Jungle, the wildlife would be nice to see and would be the best enviroment for Gabriel, just also seems as a cool place to be.

The others I don't really know. I like the idea of coast and City.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 03:51:27 PM »
I don't why but i hate coast sites. It would be nice to have Ruined city combinations though. So something like Jungle City ruins or something like that.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »
Ruined city, night setting, intermitent lights here and there and some safe places with some light present. Would be awesome

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 06:16:09 PM »
Ruined City 45 would be interesting and legitimate for traveling to ;P Does anyone have any more ideas? I was considering arctic and badlands but they wouldn't really be suitable for RP.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »
I like the flooded, ruined city.  Reminds me of the Brewery District from Dishonored.  If we do do that, then I feel like applying for an ichthyosaur char.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 08:02:04 PM »
I have the VMF ready to be edited by Statua but it's going to need some changes before it can be turned into a bunch of ruins. It's currently at the limit for texinfos and brushes.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 08:42:14 PM »
I have the VMF ready to be edited by Statua but it's going to need some changes before it can be turned into a bunch of ruins. It's currently at the limit for texinfos and brushes.
Texinfo is easy. Brushes, not so much. But I think I will remove the entire basement of the nexus and cave that in so that should remove a good 1000 or so brushes. Thanks Oz :P

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 09:37:02 PM »
i don't think much of the nexus should be left considering the singularity core self-destructed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqQyT4uetvw

this but on a smaller scale

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »
Yes I played HL2, EP1, and EP2 a number of times. I'll probably cave in the basement. But did the nexus blow or did the citadel blow? They're both 2 different places in C45.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »
Ruined city and jungle would be the two best options. I voted ruined city, though. I feel like it'll give more of a feeling matching the story.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal