Author Topic: Outlands Mapchange Event After-Action Report  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Outlands Mapchange Event After-Action Report
« on: February 17, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
So, for those involved, we know the event didnt exactly work as planned. There were some communication issues which resulted in loss of information and people doing things when they weren't supposed to.

Here's what was supposed to happen:

List of steps:

-dropships (2) and gunships (1-2) fly overhead and land at bunker, deploying ground squad and 1 strider
-combine begins moving through the mountains, sweeping everything
-Strider blows up castle
-Lambda movement comes in with transports (2-3) and stops at the inn, they try to get everyone to pile in
-Strider blows up the cottage
-Strider is seen moving over the pass
-Lambda leaves inn with as many people as possible to gtfo
-Strider blows up inn just as lambada movement
-Lambda escapes the pass
-Mapchange
-Lambada and everyone arrive at the North Spawn (this is very important everyone goes north)
-Lambada C4 the tunnel
-Lambada say cheers and drive off, leaving the valley

Upon arrival to the valley, lambda uses c4 to cave in the north tunnel to prevent combine from following their tracks. Little do they know the combine already have an outpost they used to spy on the pass for years.

IC information for this event:

-Access to the pass is cut off unless you take a 2 day trip via back roads which are easy to get lost in

I apologize for what happened. I really didnt have much time to plan the event as I had the impression alexanderk had something planned already, which he didnt. I just continued off where he left. I'm sure there are better ways we could have done this. Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, rants on this?

Offline Mr. Pettit

Re: Outlands Mapchange Event After-Action Report
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »
Lack of communication and a solid plan was what I felt from this on my OTA. Regardless, I thought everyone did a reasonably good job pulling it off. Especially you Stat.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 06:24:49 PM »
Lack of communication and a solid plan was what I felt from this on my OTA. Regardless, I thought everyone did a reasonably good job pulling it off. Especially you Stat.
I would like to know why me, Bobby, and Rory got S2K'd in the tunnel.

Overall this could have been better, it could have been coordinated with the resistance character instead of a bunch of people just rushing in to save the day. Normal player involvement could have been higher and this could have almost entirely been done with out the involvement of this lamba group. Personally I think that if we had more IC information and involvement in this event everyone would have enjoyed this, but instead it seems like we weren't trusted enough and got told what to do like we were little children.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »
Not sure who of us was S2King. I shot a majority of my rounds into the street and tunnels and we hung back to give you a chance to get moving. Almost 100 percent certain that wasn't me, but either way sorry about that.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
Not sure who of us was S2King. I shot a majority of my rounds into the street and tunnels and we hung back to give you a chance to get moving. Almost 100 percent certain that wasn't me, but either way sorry about that.
Yeah its fine we got our shit back but, no I got shot while /meing and was S2K'd, still a bit annoyed that ya'll didn't /me anything.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:03:22 AM »
Why in God's name do the adminstration keep making characters to run these events? Me, Matt, and Paul spent a good amount of time discussing our way of evacuating the pass should OTA come sweeping through, and having a "Lambda Movement" group of players that seem purely made for these kind of events is dumb. It should have been a more organic process for getting out of the pass, not a forced thing where admins come in and round people up. Major figures in the Outlands (like Old Man, Paul, Frank, etc) should have been the one's orchestrating this, because they're usually the one's who take leadership roles in dangerous situations that affect the pass. Honestly, if I were in the Pass in a realistic thing like this, I would have in no way allowed the Lambda Movement to waltz in. They aren't in anyway trusted figures in the pass, so why they were behind the grand escape is dumb.

tl;dr the administration needs to stop completely running events because making characters for them is extremely dumb because it makes the actual trusted, developed IC leader characters take a backseat which isn't realistic at all

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 01:12:40 AM »
I'd like to point out that not everyone that was with the resistance movement or with the OTA group were admins. Non admins could help out too, and I was one of them(I'm only OCRP and HRP admin).
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 01:16:02 AM »
Regardless, characters shouldnt be just made for the event to run it and handle it because we did dicuss evacuating and getting out of the pass and all that wonderful stuff ICly and I know people were looking forward to actually implementing that stuff. then lamdba movement comes in and 'saves the day' so yay.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 01:19:06 AM »
Well, people who already had cars (Like docter, frank, oldman, ect) were also helping evacuate. I think there was more of them than us. We were merely there for support of it, not take it over the entire event. The reason why the event didn't go as well as most everyone hoped is the lack of planning/communication that went on.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
The city map event received such a good response because it was planned out well and wasn't a "lol lambda come 2 save us" thing. It was 3rd Eye using the people and there was key points of the battle with multiple people setting into motion and not just one strider ie: uch blows up, embassy is breached ect ect.

More planning and better communication is required instead of a hasty thrown in event thread.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 04:59:12 PM »
I was there too >~>  (Shirly 'Fox' Tetrigo)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal