Author Topic: On 'Beans' and today's event.  (Read 6453 times)

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
On 'Beans' and today's event.
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »
So today, as many of the normal outlanders know, there was a big fuckup event today.

It all started out with Beans and Vincent, going at eachother, all is normal. So he wouldn't stop, I attacked him of course. Two boys have to ride in on their valiant steeds and white knight it all and save Vincent, which resulted into a bit of a tiff. Without really any more injury, Vincent was let go by help of Paul Haynes.

Later, after having some nice passive with Joseph Cruickshank, I drove along the road. Vincent insulted me over the radio, so I found him along the road and parked my vehicle. (Which happens not to be the jeep it's being portrayed by, thank the developers for not including the Jalopy, which happens to be the closest match for my vehicle.)

I got into it, blah blah blah, and then Richard Sherlock shows up aiming a gun at the about 5-6 people present. After more people arrived, I was shot at by Jonco, but kept Vincent at gunpoint as a sort of disarming tool- which of course, everyone being a white knight, didn't work.

OH BUT WAIT, here comes super vort, shooting a vortessence beam at my vehicle, BOOM. I went along with it, fine. It's just disabled for now because of course by my RIDICULOUS logic, zap does not equal boom. But I said zap equals boom for a short time. I'd take about 1-2 months fixing my vehicle back to working condition. After everyone threw a hissy fit in OOC about my decision and the explosion caused by these people in general, I decided to leave because I couldn't take the lack of RP occuring at the time.

TL;DR, I was banned for a day after leaving, I made the decision to fix up my vehicle because I strongly believe that zapping a vehicle with some sort of electric vortessence beam should completely destroy a vehicle, and these 3 people risked the lives of 12 people to save the life of one.

Please please, vote and tell me what you think.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Calo Nord

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: On 'Beans' and today's event.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 06:24:59 PM »
I agree. That entire even made absolutely no sense. Why exactly the vort randomly appeared out of no where and fired at you're car is unclear. I also agree something of that nature would not instantly cause your car to be completely destroyed or explode. You would be able to replace a few parts to repair it.

The event could also be voided since it failed so miserably and no one understood what was happening.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:32:29 PM by Calo Nord »

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:29:51 PM »
everything should be voided because people left in the middle of roleplay, we either redo it with no one kindly leaving in the middle of roleplay or void it

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:32:16 PM »
I say we just void it, people seem too attached to their characters to allow any misfortune to befall them without pre-planning.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
I say we just void it, people seem too attached to their characters to allow any misfortune to befall them without pre-planning.

Fair enough, but this is a democracy and I wish to hear about Jonco's resolve, but I'd be happy with voiding it all, as much of it was just too out of hand and over-reactish.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 06:52:01 PM »
Yeah this white-knighting is getting out of hand. Witnessed multiple situations much like this in the past month or so. I will begin brainstorming with a few people on ways to cut back so people beating the shit outta each other dont have to deal with this.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 06:58:16 PM »
Yeah this white-knighting is getting out of hand. Witnessed multiple situations much like this in the past month or so. I will begin brainstorming with a few people on ways to cut back so people beating the shit outta each other dont have to deal with this.

I think people are mixing up who's beating up who, no one REALLY should be beating anyone else up unless they have a good reason (self defence, a proper mugging, not just "i dont like them")

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 07:13:05 PM »

As I said in the guide, I will be trying to create a Dark Knight in the next map update. Since there will be two towns, this should offer a sort of war like aspect as long with a middle area, in which is sort of like an every man for themselves zone which will hopefully prevent white knighting once the idea has been fully developed and the character has been created and his "ideaology" established.

Today was just flat out silly. Almost all of the town came out to help Beans and tried to defend him. This is the kind of shit I despise, people become so desperate for action, that they decide to become White Knights. But hey, I knew it would happen and I feel their pain of boredom and I knew that people would be flustered if they lost any of their characters that have authorizations, deep backstorys, and most importantly....guns. Because all of those are hard to aquire.

Offline Jordan Freeman

• "JUMBO!"-Ben
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure no one had any idea what was going on.

From my perspective:

Guns, more guns, vort blowing up shit, followed by more guns.

Offline Carnivore329

• In the Outlands Hiding Under A Rock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »
In my opinion, it just became another one of those situations where everyone bitched, which no one wants to be apart of.

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 09:48:37 PM »
The thing was a massive confusing cluster fuck, I couldn't tell what was going on and I couldn't find out because of people arguing over LOOC/bitching on LOOC. The car getting hit had little to no explanation/reason/description(No one knew what size it was or anything).
I personally would like to know why it got so out of hand with four admins(including an SA) there and only me and one other normal player telling others to shut up in LOOC and get to roleplaying.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 09:57:56 PM »
The thing was a massive confusing cluster fuck, I couldn't tell what was going on and I couldn't find out because of people arguing over LOOC/bitching on LOOC. The car getting hit had little to no explanation/reason/description(No one knew what size it was or anything).
I personally would like to know why it got so out of hand with four admins(including an SA) there and only me and one other normal player telling others to shut up in LOOC and get to roleplaying.

Because players wouldn't shut the fuck up and do not listen to the only two (You and another normal Player) who actually had some common sense and wanted to RP. Admins probably couldn't do much because they were trying to tame the raged filled event and try to prevent as little bans as possible whilst appealing to the populace. But whats done is done, it couldn't really appease the populace and there was no way around it. So they might have been stuck.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:24:21 PM »
Well I'd like to know- can we just void the event, everyone that was involved? I'd still like Jonco's perspective on this, but it seems as if we're all on the same page here.

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 10:55:44 PM »
it's voided.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 11:03:30 PM »

Actually, there was a whole /me of 3 lines dedicated to explain why the car blew up. But like you said due to everyone not shutting up in LOOC and the fact that at least 10 extra people seemed to materialize out of no where, my /me's detailing how it happened were lost in a sea of LOOC and IC messages. The only thing that was seen was the resulting /event that ONLY stood out because of the bold orange text. Had I been a normal player and tried to RP this with a /it, I bet nobody would have reacted to it.

Also, you lot seem to be a bit confused on Vortessence. It is an energy that has the power to bring people to life under the right circumstances, blast organisms to bits if used correctly and power combustion engines and other electrical devices (as seen when a Vortigaunt used Vortessence to turn on an old generator in the mine in one of the episodes) and if with enough able bodies can be used to teleport. Even if you define it as a 'spark', as you so claim, do you really think that a spark of electricity is incapable of igniting a piece of crap practically home made gas powered 'car' that's probably leaking gas and oil due to the lack of legitimate certified equipment to properly fix that kinda stuff?

That aside, it's not just a 'spark'. We're not talking a little jolt to burn out your spark plugs. But rather a concentrated electrical current that can carve right through an Overwatch commander if a vortigaunt gets a really good, head on hit. So you really think it's not possible to explode a shitty, falling apart car from the range in which I shot at it?

But regardless, I'm not here to argue, just point out the obvious. Just a bit off put by the 'Super Vort' and 'lol random vort' comments. You all just failed to pay attention. Not that it matters, Dallas wants it voided, so we'll play that game.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal