Author Topic: Delving into Vincent  (Read 5057 times)

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Delving into Vincent
« on: February 02, 2013, 02:36:32 AM »
It seems a bit odd to post something semi-serious in spam, and I might have it moved, but I don't care what happens to the thread. Just that I get my own thoughts in text.
For those who play on Outlands, you might have had the pleasant experience of meeting Vincent. For those of you who haven't, he's basically a huge douchebag that makes fun of everything and likes to have sex.
But it has been asked many a time the reason why Vincent is a prick. Asking him directly normal results in jokes or insults, but I want to write down the actual reason why, or what I think it is, on why he acts the way he does. To start off, it's most likely rooted in the fact that he's mental disturbed, which mostly stems from the relationship he had with his family and his own pre-existing mental problems and personality mixed into it. But I don't feel like writing his life story, so I will instead tell you how he perceives his doucheness, which tends to change depending on his mood. He is unstable, after all

One of the reasons Vin thinks he acts the way he does is so he can be the bad guy. Without the CCA, people of the Outlands can only make enemies of two things, OTA and their peers. That means everyone is just as likely to turn on eachother than in another ther circumstance. If Vin can become hated and picked out to be the common enemy, people have something to relate with others and are less likely to turn on each-other. If two people don't have a common interest, their hate for Vincent could become one.

Another reason Vincent thinks he acts the way he does is so he can root out certain people. Take, for instance, Wasp. She didn't react negatively to Vincent despite his jerkiness and even went as far to help him. Vincent takes that reaction and marks the person of as important and someone to try and be civil and acquainted with. Wolf laughs are his humor and defends him, so he tends to hang around him. Dan is timid and takes the blows, so Vin is nicer to him. Tekel helped Vin despite him being a douchebag to her, so Vin respects her. He'd rather be surrounded by unique people than those who react the same way everyone else does to him. It also helps him root out the bad seeds, like those who threaten him just because of his words.

I'd like to note that Vincent has never attacked anyone. The only exception could when he kidnapped Kal, but he didn't try to purposely hurt her. Any injures that may have befallen Kal are most likely because Vin was being attacked by pursuers. In the end, Vincent didn't just drop her and leave. He tried to let her down gently. The only other thing that might count against his lack of violence is when he got someone killed by pointing him out to an Antilion Guard.
It's important to notice his lack of violence, because it makes others seem like the lesser person for assaulting him because he's being a dick. He only provokes violence with his words and rarely fights back. Vincent might be a douche, but he's not shooting and punching people just because they make him mad.

Vin will often compare himself to a social experiment, testing the people of the Outlands. How good is a person is they attack someone for just speaking. How ironic is it that white knights will go as far as to harm the person they are trying to protect just to get back at or harm the villain. He picks apart people by being the meat bag they all beat up.

There are probably other things I'm missing or left out, but whatever.
Remember, these are Vincent's views, not mine. I could just say he's super crazy and everything he's thinking is him trying to make himself look better, but who knows.

If you feel like this should be moved, please say so.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Delving into Vincent
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 03:19:32 AM »
Yeah....Spam is not the place for serious discussion.  I may move this to a serious section, preferably HL2RP Outside City 45.  Otherwise, you can expect more posts like what hogs posted, and I won't be able to do anything about.  So yeah, in the future, if you type up a post that you expect people to take seriously, don't post in spam :\

EDIT:  Statua and I agreed to move this out of spam, so posting is now serious again.

Anyways, it does sound very interesting, what you did with a topically unappealing character.  It really shakes up the definition of what it means to be a paragon in HL2RP.  Nice work.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:31:44 AM by Hazard Time »

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 11:32:14 AM »
I like Vin as a character, but Beans only acts with hostility towards him because any sort of verbal or physical attack on him is pretty much a go-ahead to vent out all of his anger on that person.

Anyways, great description.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 12:15:01 PM »
Don't mistake this character with mine, Vincent "Vince" Valtiere, who is currently making his way ICly to the new map.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 12:21:05 PM »
Vincent wants to celebrate Kal's engagement with dinner > kidnaps her in front of her fiance and gets whitekinght'd all the way.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 01:24:52 PM »
You know....kidnapping in front of the beles will most likely cause you to get white knighted. If you didn't expect that to happen, i'm sorry that it happened with suprise. But if this was planned and you had expected to get white knighted, then I guess you kind of achieved your goal....

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »
So is Vincent dead now?

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:55 AM »
So is Vincent dead now?

Nope. At least, not yet.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 09:55:59 PM »
I'm suprised he didn't die within the first ten minutes of him being active.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 05:44:49 AM »
Don't mistake this character with mine, Vincent "Vince" Valtiere, who is currently making his way ICly to the new map.
why you even nickname that, theres no point lol

Offline Jordan Freeman

• "JUMBO!"-Ben
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 08:42:18 PM »
Kal scares me, she has no arms.

Offline Carnivore329

• In the Outlands Hiding Under A Rock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 12:05:24 AM »
I never really saw this as Vincents 'perpous' per say, Never thought about it this way, good description and such, makes sense now that it's been laid out :P

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 12:20:34 AM »
Still wondering why people feel the need to beat up Vincent just because he's a dick :( Otherwise Vincent is so run to rp with

Offline Carnivore329

• In the Outlands Hiding Under A Rock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »
It just drives a nerve into some people, even ive done it, but he just gets so annoying and jokes about seirous shit, but he's cool OOC, which is all I really care bout lol.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »
Still wondering why people feel the need to beat up Vincent just because he's a dick :( Otherwise Vincent is so run to rp with

As Carnivore, I like Toxic OOC, but Vincent is a douche who jokes TOO much. And in case you haven't noticed, Beans is relatively douchey and fucked up himself and likes to feel all knowing. It's the primary way I play him as, even when I know I'm wrong OOC I keep it up IC, so when Vince points out valid points, it just angers Beans even more.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal