Author Topic: Ineu Valley Names (SUGGESTION MINITHREAD)  (Read 4289 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ineu Valley Names (SUGGESTION MINITHREAD)
« on: January 18, 2013, 03:00:35 PM »
As I continue working on Ineu, I am getting to the point where I need to start naming things. If you guys wanna make suggestions, here's what I need named:

Town A

Town B

Mine

Bunker

Castle

Junkyard

River

Inn

Lake

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ineu Valley Names (SUGGESTION MINITHREAD)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
Town A- Mercy

Town B- Creedence

Mine- White Gold Mine

Bunker- Checkpoint Charlie Forward Operating Base (CCFOB)

Castle- Reichenbach Castle

Junkyard- Slopes Car Scarp

River- River Alb (Romanian for White)

Inn- Mercy Inn (Assuming the inn is in Mercy)

Lake- Lake Icana

There's my suggestions.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline This is Red

• The best color in the world is  not red.
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »
Town A- Mercy

Town B- Creedence

Mine- White Gold Mine

Lake- Lake Icana

There's my suggestions.

I agree with most of this, except the Inn.

Inn - The Merciful Outlander
Assuming the town is to be named Mercy, then I feel that would be a good fit.
oh

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 04:40:30 PM »
 I'll get some suggestions for the places and I'll leave some out because I don't got a name for them.

TOWN A: Incognito
 MINE: The Sierra Mining Site
 BUNKER: Fortification of Hope
 RIVER: Silver Line River
 LAKE: Point Newburg

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 05:29:04 PM »
TOWN A: Valaria

MINE: The Cut

BUNKER: Point Jericho

** I could only think of decent names for those three. Might be I'll post later if I came up with some creative ones in the future.
I'm a fag

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »
As lovely as the suggestions above are, being the self-designated ambassador to Slavic culture and holding a strong belief that cultural references are a strong ally with immersion, I wish to supply you with my own suggestions.

Town A: Either Noul Rodna or New Rodna (Noul being Romanian for new.) The mountain range that is near Ineu is the Rodna Mountains, named after the village Rodna Veche.

Town B: Pajura (though you may want to go with "Payura" to avoid pronunciation confusions) meaning eagle in Romanian, a symbol for freedom and pride.

Mine: (Perhaps go with the Doctor's suggestion on this one) People's Quarry, considering the views on greed in Eastern Europe, a region ravaged by Nazi Germany and raped by the Soviet Union, in many cases for resources and labour.

Bunker: Stoker Fortress or Point Stoker, after Bram Stoker, author of Dracula.

Castle: Castle Reichenbach (as opposed to Doctor's Reichenbach Castle; sounds nicer)

River: River Pur (similar to Doctor's alb; alb means white as in clean as in /has been cleaned/; pur means white as in genuine and pure)

Inn: Azil Tavern (Azil meaning refuge or shelter)

Live free or die

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 06:22:32 PM »
As lovely as the suggestions above are, being the self-designated ambassador to Slavic culture and holding a strong belief that cultural references are a strong ally with immersion, I wish to supply you with my own suggestions.

Town A: Either Noul Rodna or New Rodna (Noul being Romanian for new.) The mountain range that is near Ineu is the Rodna Mountains, named after the village Rodna Veche.

Town B: Pajura (though you may want to go with "Payura" to avoid pronunciation confusions) meaning eagle in Romanian, a symbol for freedom and pride.

Mine: (Perhaps go with the Doctor's suggestion on this one) People's Quarry, considering the views on greed in Eastern Europe, a region ravaged by Nazi Germany and raped by the Soviet Union, in many cases for resources and labour.

Castle: Castle Reichenbach (as opposed to Doctor's Reichenbach Castle; sounds nicer)

River: River Pur (similar to Doctor's alb; alb means white as in clean as in /has been cleaned/; pur means white as in genuine and pure)

If the locations are based somewhere in Russia and were affected by the Universal Union, wouldn't one inhabitat a area in the Romanian Mountains and change the name of said location? Just a quick question, that's all.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 06:31:43 PM »
Thank you Richard. Those are the kinds of names I'm looking for.

And STALKER, we dont change the names as we inhabit the area. The names I'm looking for are pre-war names. Should have mentioned that.

ALSO, keep in mind that tourist sites like the Inn would most likely have english names (ie. White Forest Inn) even though they're in Romania.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »

This seems pretty good to me, I like the names and stuff.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 07:54:07 PM »

This seems pretty good to me, I like the names and stuff.

All of this +100

Please, for the good of Outlands use these suggestions, or at least something that fits the Romanian setting.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:31:37 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 11:34:19 PM »
Town A- Mercy

Town B- Creedence

Mine- White Gold Mine

Lake- Lake Icana

There's my suggestions.

I agree with most of this, except the Inn.

Inn - The Merciful Outlander
Assuming the town is to be named Mercy, then I feel that would be a good fit.

I just want to throw in a name for the inn. So please also think about "The Mourning Dusk Inn" or "The Fallen Home Inn"

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »
Suggestions for names are now locked as I've selected them. Here are the results:

Town A Noul Rodna New Rodna

Town B Pajura Eagle

Mine Poporului Cariera Peoples Quarry

Bunker [N/A] Point Stoker (Russian Font, the bunker is once again Russian)

Castle Reichenbach Villa

Junkyard Pante auto distrug?tor Slopes Autowrecker

River Pur Râu Pure River

Inn Ineu Inn (The mountain in HL2 is the Whiteforest Mountain. The mountain in Ineu is the Ineu mountain)

Lake Lacul Icana Lake Icana
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:47:56 PM by Statua »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal