Author Topic: Regarding Cities and RP  (Read 3905 times)

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Regarding Cities and RP
« on: May 07, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »
On the city server, obviously you're in C45 (Whether you've been there or have been transferred with a relocation coupon or not is your decision). The thing is, on Outlands RP, not EVERYONE is from City 45. You can take the distance from Point A (C45) to Point B (Ineu) and complain that no other cities are in that path. The thing is that many players fail to understand is that the SAME distance as C45 to Ineu could be the same distance as another city to the opposite direction and so on. Every day I see players saying they're from City 18 and City 45. Where's the people from City 27 to the West of the tunnel exit that leads into the Ineu region? Or the people from City 53?

TL;DR

City 45 isn't the only city around Ineu. PLEASE try to create a city back story for a character, then make the character in Ineu, not in C45 only.

(This is not saying that it's wrong the have characters from City 45, and that it's closer than other cities, but at least RP that.)
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Regarding Cities and RP
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:12:52 PM »
Compare city 45 to NYC, a lot of people are from there. All the other cities would be minor cities so most back stories will be from C45.

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 04:23:14 PM »
Compare city 45 to NYC, a lot of people are from there. All the other cities would be minor cities so most back stories will be from C45.

That's like saying that 99% of people in NYC are from NYC.

Nearly everyone in the outlands say that they're from C18 and C45.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 05:49:17 PM »
Or, the pass could be a month's hike away from other cities.
80% of the world is dead. Cities are hardly going to be in close proximity with eachother, and who's to say that this happens to be placed at the point equidistant between many of them?
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »
Or, the pass could be a month's hike away from other cities.
80% of the world is dead. Cities are hardly going to be in close proximity with eachother, and who's to say that this happens to be placed at the point equidistant between many of them?

Month's hike creates good backstory. There could be about 60 different regions similar to Ineu, and if a person went from one of those regions got to Ineu, they would have a large back story of being in a city and thier experiences. I just hate people that act as if there are no cites when making a character.
Characters

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 11:46:15 PM »
As the master of the Inue, I have chosen a geographical location of Ineu Pass compared to City 45. Ineu Pass is a 4 hour drive from City 45 (300km) to the west of City 45. Ineu is in Romania. City 45 is in Ukraine.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:07:53 PM by Statua »

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:47:05 PM »
City 45. City 45 is a 4 hour drive from City 45 (300km) to the west of City 45.

What am I reading!?  lol I think you screwed up there.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »
City 45. Ineu Pass is a 4 hour drive from City 45 (300km) to the west of City 45.

What am I reading!?  lol I think you screwed up there.
Fixed.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 09:19:14 PM »
If Ineu Pass was anywhere near other Cities, you wouldn't just see OTA from City 45, would you?
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 12:50:32 AM »
If Ineu Pass was anywhere near other Cities, you wouldn't just see OTA from City 45, would you?

I never said other cities were closer. I just said that some may be just a little further from Ineu than City 45.
Characters

Offline Red October

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »
I like this little thing you got going there great job!  ;)

Offline Arthas Tyrell

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »
Good job, it makes sense to create a variety of backstories, instead of hearing the same thing over and over again.

5% warning issued for necroposting. ~Statua
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:57:33 AM by Statua »
Characters:
-Arthas Tyrell: Neutral, more likely rebellious.

Alyx Summer: Surviving in the outlands.

-Jaden Raskul: Starving in P3

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal