Author Topic: To Overwatch in Outlands  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
To Overwatch in Outlands
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:08:53 PM »
First of all, when I said overwatch should visit, I didnt mean come right up to the front door of a major resistance group (at the time TLM, Clinic, and Civiwatch were there) grab what you need, and get out without taking any loss whatsoever. Im talking about the time you got the radio frequency from the guy while about 8 or 9 resistance fighters had loaded weapons on your ass, including a crossbow and a sniper rifle. I dont care if you're ghost units, you arent 100% invisible and once we find you, its not too hard to track yuour movements, especially if we have a ranged scope. If you do decide to get that close, accept a S2K first time and a PK second time you do it without changing tactics.

Second, if you can obtain our public radio frequency, fine but you have to admit to us taking yours if we capture you. And dont go "hurr ima self distruct". If you do that you better PK yourself, with no appeal.

And does it hurt to PTL every now and then? I've taken shots from you guys and ran back to base multiple times. I've set the airboat on fire from taking fire from you guys. What have you done? Given me a vortigaunt cause I threw a flashbang in the middle of a metal warehouse and dragged the vortigaunt to safety? Sure I kileld a couple overwatch units but it wasnt even a PK and the two I killed were BOTH the same player who NLR'd (killed like 3 weeks apart from eachother though). Oh, I guess when I came back and you moved in on me, captured me, and took my second sniper and then let me go with an AR2 aftert was ok. Still please lose more often. Refugees in HL2 do kill combine you know.

/rant

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: To Overwatch in Outlands
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:12:40 PM »
Personally, I think there should be more S2K'ing but of course within certain boundries from both parties.

Offline UnKuT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »
S2K would just turn the RP server into a DM server in my opinion. But yes, I agree with Statua, I don't want to start whining right now, but I was a little disappointed after witnessing a few scenes where, to my honest personal point of view, a few Combines only seemed to want to win, not even giving a chance to their fellow enemies/refugees/citizens/rebels/w/e.

/Rant I guess.
Subject: Dexter Sunderland, Male
Assignment: Maintain the personal safety of key Resistance members

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 06:09:32 PM »
Statua, this is why I love you. You tell it how it is. OTA. LISTEN TO THIS MAN. Also just to add, PKs should only be handed out if the OTA is doing anything stupid like the list above, but if its just that they are RPing fairly and die, then it should be NLR or they should be able to say that its a different OTA.

My two cents
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:31:43 PM »
The rebels need to play to lose just as much as the combine do.

Offline UnKuT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 09:39:20 AM »
The rebels need to play to lose just as much as the combine do.
You're right, that is what this whole thread is about. People need to start noticing how the experience can be even more fun if you allow yourself to lose when logically needed or suggested.
Subject: Dexter Sunderland, Male
Assignment: Maintain the personal safety of key Resistance members

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:03:36 AM »
No you do not seem to understand, both of you. The OTA NEVER ptl, and that is what we are trying to get at.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »
What happens here is, the OTA are a near on unstoppable force in of what should be. But, we have to make exceptions for rp's pissing sake. When we say do that, we don't mean the OTA PTL all the time, nor do we mean the rebels PTL all the time either. I've only seen about 5 people RP with OW people properly, with 3 of them admins.
There needs to be a suitable comprimise, either made in LOOC or PM's beforehand, where you can do a basic rift on what happens, though not to give too much away. OTA need to realise they need to lose sometimes, as do 99% of the rebels.

/rant
what

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 12:05:24 PM »
I did that with the one pair that were surrounded. They said "nobody gets hurt on either side" which i should have said "then nobody loses" but they interrogated some guy right in front of our loaded weapons and found out the public radio frequency. Technocally they won which is fine except realistically they both would be dead.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal