Author Topic: Whatever happened to the Canals? Discussion  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Whatever happened to the Canals? Discussion
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:59:39 PM »
On our way out from the canals, they were getting bombarded by headcrab canisters and overwatch toops were moving in. What happened to it afterward? Heres my theory:

As the transport left with overwatch already shooting away, there were more headcrab canisters falling across the land. Overwatch knew the big transport was leaving but they didnt know that it would be the only one so we can assume they tried to bombard it as much as possible. This bombardment pretty much turned the canals into what Ravenholm is in HL2. All the refugees in the canals would either died of wounds or turned into zombies. In conclusion, the canals are a zombie infested wasteland with no survivors. Anyone who sets foot in the canals either gets eaten or zombified.

Thoughts on this?

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Whatever happened to the Canals? Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »
I think due to the sheer number/force of the C.O.T.A. that were active that day, we would have cauterised any necrotics (There was a gunship after all) I wouldn't be surprised if its a comfy little forward HQ for the C.O.T.A. now.

Although the idea of it being an equivalent to ravenholm is also very cool, we'd definitely need to have an event as per 'Going back for something I forgot' or something

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »
I think due to the sheer number/force of the C.O.T.A. that were active that day, we would have cauterised any necrotics

Yeah thats right except for one problem. The combine control the headcrab cannisters. Why would they waste time shelling the canals just to 'cauterize' their own offences?

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »
I think due to the sheer number/force of the C.O.T.A. that were active that day, we would have cauterised any necrotics

Yeah thats right except for one problem. The combine control the headcrab cannisters. Why would they waste time shelling the canals just to 'cauterize' their own offences?

Perhaps the C.O.T.A. baws decided last minute that they wanted the area/surrounding area's for a mysterious purpose

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 03:12:31 PM »
Perhaps the C.O.T.A. baws decided last minute that they wanted the area/surrounding area's for a mysterious purpose
Thats very possible. Would take a lot of work but it's possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal