Author Topic: Why?  (Read 5784 times)

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Why?
« on: May 19, 2012, 02:32:12 PM »
I have a question, because any answer I can come up with is devoid of logic.

WHY is HL2RP as stale and boring as it is? Why do we demote admins and leave routine stuff like D6 sweeps or semi-large decisions up to Roflwaffle? Why are units reprimanded for not patrolling in a circle whenever they are inside the Nexus? Why do we seem to throttle all attempts at decent roleplay?

Literally nothing happens ever. The ONLY reason anyone plays here is because of the volume of players or because they don't know that there are smaller but much richer servers. There are no real attempts to actually provide citizen roleplay (Oh the CWU, with like 5 members, 2 of whom are active), no real attempts to provide CCA roleplay rather than CCA ascend-to-the-top RPG 2012 edition and there is nothing to provide a decent roleplay environment.

So many people on the server are poor roleplayers or they are minges, and who can blame them, because there isn't anything to do or anyone to practice on. It seems many CCA units feel that making citizens face the wall and /me puts hands behind back is the foundation of entertaining roleplay. I mean, Ration Distribution underlines this...we put it on a cycle because people seem to think that leaving a machine free to all would "take away roleplay."

Roleplay...you mean standing in a line facing forward and saying nothing until you walk through a door, state your name and CID in a line or two and then pick up an item and fuck off before you get detained for hanging around.

Roleplay is stale. I don't see why. Someone please explain why.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 02:33:35 PM »
I still get on HL2RP... and shine shoes...

John Strangerman gets lonely when he has no shoes to shine.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »
Well yeah a few people are able to roleplay and entertain themselves, but to maintain such an argument is basically saying that you can entertain yourself on your own. That's fantastic, go play singleplayer. This is a multiplayer server, so surely we should all try to play TOGETHER.

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »
Yea, I agree. We have too few events because they need owner auth. Who thinks that SAs need to be able to do this aswell? Maybe we need to make an event log for the admins, have an event, log it so that everyone knows when the last was so event spam won't be a problem.
Don't make fun of me just because I say i'm stressed... I'm a person too.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »
Why does it even need auths? What interest does it hold to the administration team, really?

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 02:52:57 PM »
(Oh the CWU, with like 5 members, 2 of whom are active)
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?page=cwuroster
White is active (Or near active), when people start going into the 1 week zone i tend to find that they never come back.

Regarding events, the only events that i can think of that require owner auths would be an exogen invasion (In the city), and that's pretty much everything in terms of events requiring owner auths. Most of the time i end up not starting events as citizens join in late and have no idea what's going on, or very few will actually understand what's going on and participate. (In terms of passive events such as a rain-storm or blizzard)

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »
Trust me, I know how you feel.  I've played on both City and Outlands for a while now.  City is currently interesting only if you are in the CCA, even then it seems like it would be stale, repeated RP.  Outlands however, has a much more diverse and advanced way of RP, yet, most of the RP requires auths for one reason or another.  Whenever I play, I try to create interesting RP for others, in sake of my own, of course.  On Outlands, I can help create 'events', 'funRP', call them whatever you wish.  On City, it seems like everything is rejected immediately because, "it won't work".

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 05:19:39 PM »
I think you're just mad because I'm already half-way done with CCA Ascend to the top RPG 2012.

But on a serious note, I do agree with you on many levels. The quality of RP here is very low, contrary to my comments when I first came. Having the CCA teach new members doesn't seem to work either, most of the people who come are down-right retarded. And I say that with all due respect. If you've attempted to teach one of the un-teachable, you know what I mean.

One of the things I think contributes to the shit-quality RP is the map. We looks like some half-ass'd DarkRP server with combine models.

We need to fix the canon.

We need to filter the idiots in both the administration team and the policies they follow.

We need to change OOC aspects, such as the map.

We need to improve on making better RP for the citizens.

There has not been a big organization of anti-civil citizens in forever. I think we need to open more doors for them to create a nice atmosphere for them to flourish. And I don't mean give them all guns and say "alright, you lead (so and so)".

But on a (un)serious note.

I am half-way done with CCA Ascend to the top RPG 2012.

Offline looop0100

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
Well yeah a few people are able to roleplay and entertain themselves, but to maintain such an argument is basically saying that you can entertain yourself on your own. That's fantastic, go play singleplayer. This is a multiplayer server, so surely we should all try to play TOGETHER.
What he said.

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »
That's mainly why I stay on outlands more, it has a smaller playerbase but it is fun because their are decent roleplayers out there all the time(mostly).
I am ded not big surprise.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 08:09:54 AM »
I think you're just mad because I'm already half-way done with CCA Ascend to the top RPG 2012.

But on a serious note, I do agree with you on many levels. The quality of RP here is very low, contrary to my comments when I first came. Having the CCA teach new members doesn't seem to work either, most of the people who come are down-right retarded. And I say that with all due respect. If you've attempted to teach one of the un-teachable, you know what I mean.

One of the things I think contributes to the shit-quality RP is the map. We looks like some half-ass'd DarkRP server with combine models.

We need to filter the idiots in both the administration team and the policies they follow.

There has not been a big organization of anti-civil citizens in forever. I think we need to open more doors for them to create a nice atmosphere for them to flourish. And I don't mean give them all guns and say "alright, you lead (so and so)".

All of this I agree with.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 11:31:05 AM »
I have a question, because any answer I can come up with is devoid of logic.

WHY is HL2RP as stale and boring as it is? Why do we demote admins and leave routine stuff like D6 sweeps or semi-large decisions up to Roflwaffle? Why are units reprimanded for not patrolling in a circle whenever they are inside the Nexus? Why do we seem to throttle all attempts at decent roleplay?

Literally nothing happens ever. The ONLY reason anyone plays here is because of the volume of players or because they don't know that there are smaller but much richer servers. There are no real attempts to actually provide citizen roleplay (Oh the CWU, with like 5 members, 2 of whom are active), no real attempts to provide CCA roleplay rather than CCA ascend-to-the-top RPG 2012 edition and there is nothing to provide a decent roleplay environment.

So many people on the server are poor roleplayers or they are minges, and who can blame them, because there isn't anything to do or anyone to practice on. It seems many CCA units feel that making citizens face the wall and /me puts hands behind back is the foundation of entertaining roleplay. I mean, Ration Distribution underlines this...we put it on a cycle because people seem to think that leaving a machine free to all would "take away roleplay."

Roleplay...you mean standing in a line facing forward and saying nothing until you walk through a door, state your name and CID in a line or two and then pick up an item and fuck off before you get detained for hanging around.

Roleplay is stale. I don't see why. Someone please explain why.
Pretty much everything said in this post is being worked on right now, and will hopefully not take too long to fix.

Yea, I agree. We have too few events because they need owner auth. Who thinks that SAs need to be able to do this aswell? Maybe we need to make an event log for the admins, have an event, log it so that everyone knows when the last was so event spam won't be a problem.
Events don't need owner auth, only certain ones that rofl felt were dumb, and I agree with him.

What he said.
If you're going to post, make it constructive. Post whoring is against the rules.

Once again, this is all being worked on. Just be patient.

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
Good to know Kronic. Knowing that a SA considers this problems serious enough to fix is good.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:00:42 PM by Orangesplaywith »

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 07:49:28 PM »
Good to know Kronic. Knowing that an owner considers this problems serious enough to fix is good.
If you're serious, that rank is his avatar. He's a super administrator.

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 09:40:03 PM »
I really, honestly believe that there needs to be a designated command rank within the CCA that allows the ordering of D6 sweeps.

Also, the map would be much nicer IMO if there was more focus on the main area rather than D6. It would be interesting to see a part of the main area with back alleys that are actually populated, maybe with things like underground bars etc. being available for purchase. As it is now, nobody uses the other district. Hell, there's hardly any CWU that play for some reason.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal