Author Topic: The latest craze on the internet called Bronies.  (Read 11194 times)

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The latest craze on the internet called Bronies.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 11:11:26 AM »
I admitted it irl.  But I don't shove it down peoples throats.

it's similar to having a dick. you can have one, you can like it, you can play with it, just don't shove it down my throat

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 11:37:09 AM »
I'm actually wondering one major thing:
Of all the bronies, how many of them are actually known as brony in REAL LIFE?
How many of them have the guts to go out and tell their friends (if they even have any) and family that they are obsessed with MLP.
Or are they all hypocrites that hop on the bandwagon on the Internet but are to much of a shame to tell anyone they know IRL, because they know it's retarded and shame themselves but don't want to admit it.
Hahahahaha, you make me laugh. You act like it's coming out of the closet.

Jesus, why should I inform them I watch a show about ponies that I like?
Do I owe them something?

Offline autism

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »
I honestly dony mind much what people watch, just stop putting it in your sig or profile pic plz. I used to be able to go on cg forums at school in the computer lab during autoCAD and now im afraid to go on because i dont want other people seeing gay fucking ponies flying on my screen. Even with other classes, i go on my phone to pass the time and go on the forums, but i dont want the person next to me seeing pony shit on my screen.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:00:32 PM by Niggly ?wow ?whoa »
02/19/12 10:34:40 Nicknero1405 was killed by Nicknero1405 with a Nicknero1405

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »
I think i can answer your question nick one of my classmates named lance is a brony, but then again he doesn't shove it down our throats and such, so I answer one question really.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 01:34:14 PM »
I'm actually wondering one major thing:
Of all the bronies, how many of them are actually known as brony in REAL LIFE?
How many of them have the guts to go out and tell their friends (if they even have any) and family that they are obsessed with MLP.
Or are they all hypocrites that hop on the bandwagon on the Internet but are to much of a shame to tell anyone they know IRL, because they know it's retarded and shame themselves but don't want to admit it.
Hahahahaha, you make me laugh. You act like it's coming out of the closet.

Jesus, why should I inform them I watch a show about ponies that I like?
Do I owe them something?

Do you owe us something?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
* Jack , the High Inqusitor of Catalyst Gaming walks in

My studies have lead me to believe that Ponies are all followers of Slaanesh, (Bright colors, rediculously laughable themes) or potential followers of Nurgle (perhaps that's why it's so insidious ). No Marks of Chaos are visible, but the Emperor Protects against these mindless abominations from the warp. I hereby declare this thread Sanctioned by the God Emperor. That is all, Inqusitor Johanan, we're done here.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 05:32:48 PM »
the majority of bronies are trolling / spamming it on purposes to provoke reactions due to the fact they are the minority and like something most of us dont. Most bronies like the show and dont spam it, the rest are autistic morons

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 06:53:28 PM »
Im lolling.

Yes, Im a "brony" and yes, my friends do know. I watch the episodes when they are released once or twice, depending on how good they are and that's that, because I genuinely think it's a good show but I wouldn't really take it any further (e.g forums and such), those who do are just trying to be part of the fandom and eventually it'll pass because sometime or another sadly the show will be cancelled. Some of us just find it an entertaining show, and some of the community music and fanfic (although I stopped reading them after cupcakes) are really good. I don't necessarily shove it down people's throats unless you find those generic "PONY FAGS HURHUHUR GAYS" purposely trying to provoke bronies, that's when I activate trolling mode or spam pony vids in theater servers.

As for the deep emotional reasons people watch the show and why the fandom has grown so large, no idea. It's a kinda good show and I did enjoy that home for imaginary friends or whatever, so I figured I'd give it a go after I'd heard the hype. Now I just watch, not taking it to extreme lengths, just simply enjoying the show, personally I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 07:22:34 PM »
Im lolling.

Yes, Im a "brony" and yes, my friends do know. I watch the episodes when they are released once or twice, depending on how good they are and that's that, because I genuinely think it's a good show but I wouldn't really take it any further (e.g forums and such), those who do are just trying to be part of the fandom and eventually it'll pass because sometime or another sadly the show will be cancelled. Some of us just find it an entertaining show, and some of the community music and fanfic (although I stopped reading them after cupcakes) are really good. I don't necessarily shove it down people's throats unless you find those generic "PONY FAGS HURHUHUR GAYS" purposely trying to provoke bronies, that's when I activate trolling mode or spam pony vids in theater servers.

As for the deep emotional reasons people watch the show and why the fandom has grown so large, no idea. It's a kinda good show and I did enjoy that home for imaginary friends or whatever, so I figured I'd give it a go after I'd heard the hype. Now I just watch, not taking it to extreme lengths, just simply enjoying the show, personally I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

ive seen an episode (yes i watched a whole fucking episode) and I'm the opposite,  I can't see why anyone would watch it. I still like cartoons, I enjoy watching old episodes of cartoons I used to watch as a kid, but MLP just looks like it was designed for 6 year old girls which is the MAIN reason I cant see why ANYONE would watch it?
I know your just gonna argue that the writers added jokes to cater for the new older viewers but honestly, pink/white/yellow horses? cutie marks? I don't get it, It just doesnt seem enjoyable when you're basicly being bombarded with the same shit I see when my younger sister used to watch the same sort of thing, I couldn't sit through another episode of it, it just looks like a show made for young girls...

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »
 The show (I am talking about MLP) was directed (or targetted) and mostly created for daughters at the age of 4 to 6 but sadly, someone had gotten their eyes on it and spread it outwards to the public. Ofcourse, over the internet like forums, game chatting, etcetera etcetera and that's how it spreaded like a disease. The curiousity and such made them a brony and those people were at the age of 14 and higher, ofcourse reaching the young adolescence. Now, things such as the internet started to turn in a fuckfest full of ponies like as Nicknero stated, the usage of signatures, pictures, comments (quotes, pony-related, etc etc) and etcetera etcetera. I am against ponies because most of them take their curiousity and put it outwards torwards the internet for others to see and "show it off" which gets me really annoyed.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »
Spoiler for Off-Topic Most of the posters here...:

Here's an idea, how about we let them do what they want because there is such thing as human right! SHOCKING!

I've got a mate who's a brony, and we usually don't hear him even mention the show. I'm sure many of you like something that could be considered "Lol, so weerd, it waz foar kidzzz not adults". And if the "disease" of being a brony is really too much for your dear old heart, HOW ABOUT IGNORING IT? I mean, seriously, bronies are nice chaps half the time. So liking a show for kids may seem "wrong" to you. How? Spongebob is for kids yet its fan base is more widely loved by adults.

TL;DR Ignore them if it hurts, leave them be if not.
im bach

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »

Here's an idea, how about we let them do what they want because there is such thing as human right! SHOCKING!

I've got a mate who's a brony, and we usually don't hear him even mention the show. I'm sure many of you like something that could be considered "Lol, so weerd, it waz foar kidzzz not adults". And if the "disease" of being a brony is really too much for your dear old heart, HOW ABOUT IGNORING IT? I mean, seriously, bronies are nice chaps half the time. So liking a show for kids may seem "wrong" to you. How? Spongebob is for kids yet its fan base is more widely loved by adults.

I don't see people having spongebob in their avatars, signatures and spammed all over the internet.

Yeah, exactly my point.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 04:31:13 PM »

I don't see people having spongebob in their avatars, signatures and spammed all over the internet.

Yeah, exactly my point.

Sooooo, people aren't allowed to express something they like?
im bach

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 05:04:26 PM »
Heres the reason why I hate bronies, anywhere I go, I see bronies trying to convert others all the time, it doesn't matter if they say no, they will keep trying and trying, just like shoving it down your throat. Bronies were fine until they kept doing this ANYWHERE I went.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 05:08:22 PM »
Heres the reason why I hate bronies, anywhere I go, I see bronies trying to convert others all the time, it doesn't matter if they say no, they will keep trying and trying, just like shoving it down your throat. Bronies were fine until they kept doing this ANYWHERE I went.

Meh, I had like a 2 day brony phase but I just got bored as fuck of the show.
im bach

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal