Author Topic: How to RP around someone being detained | GUIDE  (Read 2115 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How to RP around someone being detained | GUIDE
« on: June 22, 2012, 03:53:48 PM »
RPing around someone being detained

Odd title but basicly this guide will instruct you the basics on roleplaying in a scenario where a Unit is arresting and detaining someone. Shorter guide this time, too.

Step 1 - Environment
First thing to do is check your environment. You're probably in the middle of the plaza, near the nexus, with other units fairly closeby - along with the one detaining a man. This means that the CCA is probably watching you in one form or the other, which also means you wouldn't really want to commit any civil offences right now.

Step 2 - Avoidance
Crap, someone you know is being detained! This doesn't mean stand still and stare at them with no roleplay at all. Sure it's okay to watch (if it's a single low ranking unit doing the detaining) but you need to do some passive rp. For example "/me takes a quick step back as the unit detains the man, trembling slightly." It's not perfect but the most likely choice for a citizen would be to turn around and walk away from the scene. Think about it - you don't want to be next, do you?

Its short but whatever most citizens don't seem to realize any of this stuff.

If anyone has any ideas or requests for another guide give 'em to me yes.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:58:02 PM by Smt »

Re: How to RP around someone being detained | GUIDE
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:11:59 AM »
This is a good guide. It is quick to read and easy to understand. Hopefully this guide decreases the mob of 10 or more people practically breathing down the neck of the officer who is trying to make the arrest.
I have to kill fast and bullets too slow...

RoflWaffle: tryharding is a good thing in a way

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How to RP around someone being detained | GUIDE
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:49:35 PM »
Good Guide, will help with crowding if people read it.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal