Author Topic: Terminator RP?  (Read 5298 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Terminator RP?
« on: June 10, 2012, 04:41:11 AM »
I remember playing a bit of Terminator RP on (I think gm_atomic?) and it was pretty cool and I got into it for a while. So I'm suggesting a Terminator RP server. I can't remember if it was on OA or not but I think it was. Anyway, it was fun and I think people here would want to get together and play it.

I realize that its probably a big deal if you start a new RP server because you need to make guides and all of that and learn how to play everything correctly (Terminators and such). So I just wanted to throw this idea out here and see where it goes.

Sorry if there was already a bit about suggesting it before. I couldn't find another thread about it.
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Terminator RP?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 05:05:04 AM »
If it was fairly active it was probably TNB's Terminator RP on tacoscript, I'd love a terminator RP server, I enjoy it so much, I don't really know how CG would do it though

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 05:43:17 AM »
I have my fulfillment with OCRP and HL2RP. I doubt another rp server would be played honestly.

Offline Infant Punter

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:09:37 PM »
It was a decent idea, but I think it would be hard to keep it serious. I mean I guess people could apply to be a terminator but there real purpose is to destroy humans, so it would be hard to develop a good RP out of it. But I have never played a terminator RP so I wouldn't know... Just my opinion
I am going to punt an infant across the baseball field in order to get a hole in one.

Like a bawsh

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 10:22:51 PM »
RoflWaffle has said it before in other threads, no more RP servers. I highly doubt this will be accepted, even though I love Terminator RP.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 12:40:22 AM »
Terminator RP seems to be more two sided rather then spread out. I tested a similar thing in Outlands with the Alliance. We all know how well that went. Terminator RP in CG would result in an extreme amount of drama as CG's player base isn't really geared toward working hard for something ICly.

Offline Mr Mystery

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 06:38:28 PM »
Doesnt sound very good. [DENIED]
-The Boss-\r\n

Offline Rudolph the Master Blaster

• me and smt
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 11:39:22 PM »
^

Ima let you finish but Terminator RP was, the best RP server i've ever played on.

The RP possibilities are endless. And most of the RP is geared towards the Humans, and not towards the Terminators. Unlike HL@RP where RP is directed towards  CCA/ rather than Citizens. (Despite all of their best efforts)

I think It still might have a chance. Personally I think if we were to get TRP populated. It would stay populated. And perhaps most hl2rp players would even switch over.

Thats all for me But I know a lot of you are going to disagree, but whatever. Its just my opinion.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 11:42:31 PM »
It was a decent idea, but I think it would be hard to keep it serious. I mean I guess people could apply to be a terminator but there real purpose is to destroy humans, so it would be hard to develop a good RP out of it. But I have never played a terminator RP so I wouldn't know... Just my opinion

The RP isn't based around "Terminators vs Humans" (hear me out), it's based around surviving the reign of Skynet and the constant terminator patrols etc - as well as the organized resistance there are citizens who form their own groups and this always creates interesting IC conflicts (or alliances) between them - Terminator RP is still the best serious roleplay I've had and I think it could easily work with CG

Offline Rudolph the Master Blaster

• me and smt
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 11:53:09 PM »
As well as another aspect TRP has, which HL2RP doesnt...

RP Is not centered towards ANY FACTION. It can be more. Less or even. It all depends on your own playing style.

It is not linear either. On hl2rp the basic things you do as a Unit is Eat. Sleep. Patrol. Beat citizen. Detain Etc,etc, the works. not to mention the frequent Passive RP on citizens which usually include Cleaning. Escaping.. Living in fear...Or going in P3. Raping someone. mugging. you name it.

TRP's had such a large variety of RP. It might of seemed inevitable that  there would be some terminator raids now and then. But You never knew what was going to come out of it.. Where if there were going to be T-500 R ( Big robots with sharp ass claws and cut through basically anything) T-600 ( Robot Heavy)... Maybe a large Hunter Killer. Or a daring escape from the Base. ETc etc. The works. We even had events that had specialized characters. And the time length would even be over a Week or so. Citizen RP isn't limited either Its not about Rebel. Get loyalist points. Its about developing your character  TO BE SOMEONE I can't tell you how many times I've seen people do work on hl2rp just to get enough points to join the CCA.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 01:51:17 AM »
RoflWaffle has said it before in other threads, no more RP servers. I highly doubt this will be accepted, even though I love Terminator RP.
I mean no offense to Rofl, but shouldn't the desires and demands of the community ultimately outweigh his? I don't mean this in regards to this suggestion necessarily, but just in general.

I've never played Terminator RP, but I've heard many good things about it, and I think we should at least have some serious discussions about considering this.
Live free or die

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »
As well as another aspect TRP has, which HL2RP doesnt...

RP Is not centered towards ANY FACTION. It can be more. Less or even. It all depends on your own playing style.

It is not linear either. On hl2rp the basic things you do as a Unit is Eat. Sleep. Patrol. Beat citizen. Detain Etc,etc, the works. not to mention the frequent Passive RP on citizens which usually include Cleaning. Escaping.. Living in fear...Or going in P3. Raping someone. mugging. you name it.

TRP's had such a large variety of RP. It might of seemed inevitable that  there would be some terminator raids now and then. But You never knew what was going to come out of it.. Where if there were going to be T-500 R ( Big robots with sharp ass claws and cut through basically anything) T-600 ( Robot Heavy)... Maybe a large Hunter Killer. Or a daring escape from the Base. ETc etc. The works. We even had events that had specialized characters. And the time length would even be over a Week or so. Citizen RP isn't limited either Its not about Rebel. Get loyalist points. Its about developing your character  TO BE SOMEONE I can't tell you how many times I've seen people do work on hl2rp just to get enough points to join the CCA.
Agreed, I loved RPing on TRP(the few months I did) its impossible to have the Void that should be citizen RP like here, because EVERYONE is a refugee or a resistance member and if done right it can all be VERY welcoming to new players and the goal can easily be seen by those players when they first join the server(Which the first thing they see here is people trying to get CCA).

Overall, I'd love to play it and I wish Rofl would consider it, but seeing what hes said I don't think it has a high enough chance. Plus between OCRP, Hl2RP, and TRP there wouldn't be enough players to keep them on it so in order for it to work right, we'd have to get rid of one of them in order to have the players to fill the other.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal