Author Topic: [OCRP2 Official Guide] - Getting help from admins in-game  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[OCRP2 Official Guide] - Getting help from admins in-game
« on: August 25, 2012, 09:19:45 AM »
Requesting an admin (/a)
When in OCRP2 you can request an admin to assist you by using the /a command. This shows up in bright blue text so there is no excuse for an admin to not see it but please do not spam this as it can become very annoying whilst admins are dealing with other issues. If you just complain over OOC then you may not receive help you may instead receive a warning.

Be Polite
It is essential to be polite and calm towards admins whilst they are trying to piece together your scenario and issues at that moment in time. Shouting and abusing a member of staff who's job is to assist you is not wise and you may just get in trouble yourself for flaming and all the time you spend arguing or being impolite could be used gathering evidence towards your problem.

Detail
In a nutshell, we cannot help you if you do not give enough detail. If you just say "RDM" Or "I'm stuck" we cannot help you in any way due to lack of information. As an example, Where are you stuck? Who is RDMing you?  If you was just to say "I'm stuck in the garage then we can come straight to you and assist you or if you say I need assistance at bp then we have all the information to find you and solve your problem. Just a bit of detail can't hurt.

Admins can't be everywhere at once.
Please remember this, from an admins point of view we get about a message a minute with issues and we can't help everybody at once so please if we don't come straight to you then be patient but if you don't see anything for 5 minutes ask again and somebody will be at your assistance. Another things you could do is record what is going on as admins can't see everything which is going on at one time so if you have been rdm'd then record it and make a ban request which you can send ingame from the new OCRP2 Ingame ban request system that allows you to post directly onto the forums.

Petty arguments between players
So many times I have pulled two people up on to the apartment roofs to talk about something which is troubling them and the two people just won't be quiet as they are far too busy shouting death threats at each other. The admin requires both sides of the storywithout interruption so they can ask questions and make an unbiased decision. If you sit there arguing then there is no chance of the admin being able to help you and may simply just leave the situation as it is and put you down because you are being unreasonable towards them whilst they could be helping others.

Giving evidence towards your case
All you require to get a demo if the ingame data is to open console with the ` button on a windows keyboard & type "record <name>", I would say use a relevant name so you can look back on it such as "Record OCRP_9_9_2011" So include the date etc. All this can later be recorded with third party software such as Fraps or Xfire and can count as evidence for a ban request as most admins will not take the source demo as it is.
Please remember to type in "status" in console to get the players SteamID because this will be required in the ban request otherwise it will simply be denied.

(Credits to Nasty Pasty & OwenCobs for this guide)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal