Author Topic: [11/19/2011] TTT Announcement  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[11/19/2011] TTT Announcement
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:25:24 AM »

Trouble in Terrorist Town will be going live soon!
IP: 64.31.14.194:27015
Current Status: Online!

We have a lot of custom content, so it is best to download the content pack, and we have a lot of maps so we are providing a map pack as well.

Content Pack (ZIP, 55.2MB)
- Extract the contents of the "content" folder into your garrysmod directory
Full Map Pack (ZIP, 398MB)
- Extract the contents of the "maps" folder into your maps directory

All content and maps are on the fastdl, so it is not required to have either, but it is recommended.

We will be releasing a few updates over the coming weeks to better integrate the forums (as of right now it is not integrated) and provide donator perks.

For the time being, until I get the boards set up and a formal rules post, heres the rules:

- You need reasonable suspicion to kill someone.  No killing because you feel like it.
- No micspam.
- No trolling.
- No hacking/exploiting.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:04:30 AM by *anonim* »

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [11/19/2011] TTT Announcement
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »
Any chance on mirroring the links? I love cgs site like the next guy but i dont like a < 300Kb/Sec download speed.  When i should be getting a full 2.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »
Yay another empty server to add to our status bar <.<

No seriously mark my words. Within 2 weeks this server will be empty 24/7 just like the other 9001 times we tried to host a TTT server. (Counting OC as well.)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
Deathrun will be amazing... 2 months later nobody is on it.

Sandbox is back up! What good did it do?

Hey look HaloCE! Nope.jpg go back to hl2rp.

Hey look TTT! What do you think will happen in two months?

I say do a vote on gamemodes we want and then make your decision.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »
Yay another empty server to add to our status bar <.<

No seriously mark my words. Within 2 weeks this server will be empty 24/7 just like the other 9001 times we tried to host a TTT server. (Counting OC as well.)

This.

Can we concentrate on the servers we have, not new ones, please?
what

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
I say do a vote on gamemodes we want and then make your decision.

Voting for gamemodes doesn't work. When a new server is being put up/planned to be put up, everyone is like OMG YAY I WANT TO PLAY. But then once it's up, all these people just don't join.

TTT is fun and all, but it needs at least 5-6 players to be fun. No one wants to be the first to join and wait 1 million days for someone else to join. Result? Empty 24/7.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »
Let's just give it a try? We can't keep extending on hl2rp and OCRP. Once in a while we will need a new server to work on. TTT has been given a shot. Let's see how it works.

Tbh now a days only RP gamemode survives or racing gamemodes like GMR with many new levels and upgrades that you won't get in 2 hours but has 100+ hours of gameplay in it. Let's hope for gmr2 sometime 2012 and now give TTT a shot.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 12:50:44 PM »
Ya, I love TTT but like most are saying, it will be empty within a few weeks.

I know of a epic game mode I used to play on, I don't remember the name of it, but basicly there were 2-3 teams.  It was like the British, Americans, and pirates.  It was kinda like harbor rp.  Each team would have their own base.  You would build your own boats and basically fight each other.  There was also one oil place like on harbor rp that you would get barrels of oil from and make money and etc...  You used this money for stuff for your shit you made, like cannons, muskets, and such.  I enjoyed it a lot when I played it.  Dunno the name of the game mode/server though, been awhile back.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 12:54:39 PM »
Ya, I love TTT but like most are saying, it will be empty within a few weeks.

I know of a epic game mode I used to play on, I don't remember the name of it, but basicly there were 2-3 teams.  It was like the British, Americans, and pirates.  It was kinda like harbor rp.  Each team would have their own base.  You would build your own boats and basically fight each other.  There was also one oil place like on harbor rp that you would get barrels of oil from and make money and etc...  You used this money for stuff for your shit you made, like cannons, muskets, and such.  I enjoyed it a lot when I played it.  Dunno the name of the game mode/server though, been awhile back.

SGC Used to host it, dunno if they still do, but it was called naval play.
what

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 12:57:58 PM »
Also just for the record not many people are willing to download all that content (Not maps they will do that).

But yeah it will be dead within the week.  We need to take votes in the future rather than going with our instinct.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 01:07:30 PM »
Let's just give it a try? We can't keep extending on hl2rp and OCRP. Once in a while we will need a new server to work on. TTT has been given a shot. Let's see how it works.

Tbh now a days only RP gamemode survives or racing gamemodes like GMR with many new levels and upgrades that you won't get in 2 hours but has 100+ hours of gameplay in it. Let's hope for gmr2 sometime 2012 and now give TTT a shot.

i could list a hundred things wrong with ocrp but the developers are too ignorant to see them, and blame other things instead

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 06:24:06 PM »
This TTT script is so broken. I can't even... ach I'm at a loss for words. Half of the maps don't even spawn entity weapons so we have to wait for people with a dumbass mind to finally listen to us and vote for another map, one that hopefully has SOME weapons.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »
Continue with these troll posts and find yourself forumbanned very soon. This is your last warning. ~Nick

im not trolling, have you actually been on ttt
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:12:11 PM by Smt »

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »
@ People who hate the idea.
Nobody is forcing you to play on TTT, just because you don't like it doesn't mean others wont. I agree yes there will be times where nobody is on it, but that happens on HL2RP, OCRP, and the others from time to time, just because people are busy and can' play doesn't mean its a waste to host. I am sick and tired of people going it will be empty in a week just give it a shot and stop doubting it after being up just a short amount of time, who knows it may actually keep players involved on it. Yes the weapons script may be broken but it can be fixed just give it some time.

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »
I like TTT, but yes I agree with crap-head.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal