Author Topic: First Impressions on the Server.  (Read 6692 times)

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: First Impressions on the Server.
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 11:42:48 PM »
Not the same person, but, hopped on the server today and GRID 238 ignored information I had on anti-civil acts, flicked her stun-stick on withoutRP, told me to move, and proceeded to spam push me out of the way.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 12:30:26 AM »
Not the same person, but, hopped on the server today and GRID 238 ignored information I had on anti-civil acts, flicked her stun-stick on withoutRP, told me to move, and proceeded to spam push me out of the way.

I will admit that lower ranking unit have been spam-pushing people, for no reason, and without Roleplay, and I have been talking to those who have done so, although it seems to be infectious..  >:(

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 01:22:44 AM »
As soon as I get enough loyalist points on one of my characters, I'll apply for Civil Protection, hopefully them viewing the fact that I Roleplay almost everything (Unless its a minge running in which I'll stop them then get an admin or try to teach the new player) then maybe they can learn from example of how similar ranking individuals can roleplay to instead of taking such horrible shortcuts.

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 01:41:10 AM »
I like you, Shanaro. Shame not everyone's the same way as you
Hey
never change

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
Hey, I went through IG and didn't change, and THAT'S saying something xD

Offline Chris Tyler

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 05:07:10 AM »
I actually had something similar to this happen to me once before. Not to name names but it really wasn't the recruits' fault, what with them being 'croots and all.

On the other hand I've had some really awesome experiences with other members of the CCA. One time being where a well RP'd sobriety test was preformed.

Overall I really like the atmosphere of this community.
Taylor McMahan | 27 Years | Citizen | ALIVE
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=9793.0

973 | 32 Years | Civil Protection 05 | ALIVE

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 03:11:07 AM »
Here's an example, person got pissed off when I referred to this thread and how admins said people shouldn't be asking in LOOC to resist or not.

** C45.CCA.GRID-04.783 begins to tie him up.
[LOOC] C45.CCA.GRID-04.783: Resist?
Out of Character for OOC:
Kelly Johnson: i still dont see a broom
[LOOC] Jessica Tensei: ATTEMPT
[LOOC] C45.CCA.GRID-04.783: Or just ask...
[LOOC] Jessica Tensei: AND ADMINS Said not to ask to resist in LOOC, read the forums <3
[LOOC] Mar Saralar: /me smacks Jessica
[LOOC] Jessica Tensei: Several get really pissed off when you do
[LOOC] Jessica Tensei: =P
[LOOC] C45.CCA.GRID-04.783: My god.
[LOOC] C45.CCA.GRID-04.783: W/e
[LOOC] C45.CCA.GRID-04.783: attempts*
[LOOC] Jessica Tensei: improving RP one CP at a time.

Offline agrum

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 03:23:44 AM »
Of course you are tied up and can't to much, but that is definitly powergaming. No doubt at all. I will definitly look more into this.

Offline NS | Night

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
I agree about some CP minges. Today, I got arrested and my sentence was ten minutes, the cop came back an hour later with the excuse: "Had a sh*t, then fapped". Seriously. There was another cop trolling around in the nexus, not letting me out when I asked.

Offline Chris Tyler

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »
I agree about some CP minges. Today, I got arrested and my sentence was ten minutes, the cop came back an hour later with the excuse: "Had a sh*t, then fapped". Seriously. There was another cop trolling around in the nexus, not letting me out when I asked.

I wouldn't call any of the CPs minges. Sure some of them have their moments, but in my experience, MOST are at least decent roleplayers and take RP quite seriously. Besides, a bit of humor on the server never hurts now and again.
Taylor McMahan | 27 Years | Citizen | ALIVE
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=9793.0

973 | 32 Years | Civil Protection 05 | ALIVE

Offline {General} Wargoney

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 02:21:13 PM »
I do agree they should put more Rp into tieing somone up and stop powergaming whn tieing someone up and such.

Offline CrazedKiller

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 02:47:56 AM »
What those CP did to you is not right, hopefuly they got what the deserved.

Offline Jasdahlk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 06:24:46 PM »
As soon as I get enough loyalist points on one of my characters, I'll apply for Civil Protection, hopefully them viewing the fact that I Roleplay almost everything (Unless its a minge running in which I'll stop them then get an admin or try to teach the new player) then maybe they can learn from example of how similar ranking individuals can roleplay to instead of taking such horrible shortcuts.

^ This.

Part of the reason I'd like to become CP (when I can actually earn some points) is for better roleplaying.

Glad to see someone's leading the charge, Shanaro. ;D
HL2RP Character(s):

John Ark (CID:88210) {} ALIVE {} Adjusting to life in City 45

Gerald Furman (CID: 14500) {} ALIVE {} Waiting for an inteview to join the CWU

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 06:26:32 PM »
Honestly, I support the LOOC typing, 'Do you resist?' for the legit reason like Nikero said. Half of the population delt with on the city servers ARE trolls/minges/failRPers/new people. But at the same time you still need to /me your attempt, example...

**Unit XXX takes the man aginest the wall, attempting to tie him.

[LOOC] Unit XXX: Do you resist?

[LOOC] Unit XXX: Please respond or its a no.

Citizen says, "lol"

**Unit XXX continues to tie the man.

As shown above, it is not powergaming as long as the citizen is allowed to react properly. And this is what I hope and EXPECT from units. If not, I usually try to get onto them.

tl;dr As long as its done right, it is not powergaming.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Jasdahlk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »
I was wrongfully detained for "Level 2 Trespassing" today. After seeing and reporting an armed citizen inside the D6 tunnel, CP came running (about 15 minutes after the report). After said citizen opened fire, they locked down the hardpoint, but not before arresting me.

I didn't find out until 30 minutes after being held why I was arrested; another unit kindly informed me as she was requesting permission to release me. The unit who arrested me did no RP (spam-pushing me into the cell as I typed a /me) and ignore several inquiries, both IC and OOC, as to why I was being detained.

I'm not mad about being arrested, but it was annoying to lose roleplaying time to being arrested for a reason which has already been stated in this thread as not a valid reason for arrest. I'm trying to reach Loyalist status, but it seems to be getting harder and harder to earn points legitimately.
HL2RP Character(s):

John Ark (CID:88210) {} ALIVE {} Adjusting to life in City 45

Gerald Furman (CID: 14500) {} ALIVE {} Waiting for an inteview to join the CWU

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal