Author Topic: RP "Training". A way to help you improve your RP skills  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RP "Training". A way to help you improve your RP skills
« on: November 13, 2012, 06:21:52 AM »
Right. I've been helping out people iron out their RP issues or even teach them how to deal with certain IC situations for a while already, but honestly i feel like i can't just continue doing this as a 1 on 1 thing, let alone let it be a somewhat hush thing.

That's why, right now, without any charge, i'm offering whoever wants to work out some RP skills that they feel they need to brush up on a Training/Test session.

You might be asking yourself "how the fuck is that even going to work?" Simple.

Add me on steam
Talk to me about what you want to work on
We'll do some Steam chat RP, wether you want to attempt a specific thing like simply train your combat RP or passive RP, or if you want a random situation "test" to see how you REALLY react to something that you are not prepared for and need to improvise on the spot (as it is with most RP situations)

For all intents and purposes, these "training" sessions will be logged here after we're done. So you and anyone who might want to review it can look it up (And so you see i'm not being a bad teacher xD)

Wellp. That's all. Anyone interested add me on steam and let me know what you want to brush up on.

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP "Training". A way to help you improve your RP skills
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 08:36:25 AM »
I am interested in helping you, seems like a /very/ good idea to "Train" people to RP properly.

Edit: To add me just search "turhral", and add friend the one with my forum name.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:43:58 PM by turhral=S=C= [1-03] »
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 02:33:41 PM »
i'll help aswell, just add me on steam, "Tyler", avatar is Heavy
ask anyone, i believe my rp skills are decent
just tell me what you want to go over and i'll help the best i can

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
I'd help if you needed it, I'm rather experienced in gunfights and such (Because Beans is a cunt that everyone hates.) But I assume you need no more teachers, as you already have some volunteers.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »
More than anything, right now i need someone to volunteer to either try and ask for help on a subject (No worries as to which one) OR for someone to take a "Test"

What these tests consist of is just me putting you in a certain RP situation (Completely random from a couple that i already have written down) See how you react to it, and me "grading" you on:
  • Detail
  • Lenght
  • Logic
  • Awareness
  • Respect to the other player Or even the one in control of the event.

So yeah, these are still available, you should easily be able to find me on steam if you look up "Elions". People, i do encourage this so don't feel weird asking me.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 04:42:30 PM »
I'll take a test.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »
First test applied.

Tray has taken the first RP test. Without further ado, here's the log for it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
8:01 PM - Elions: Ok. Timestamps set
8:01 PM - Elions: We can do this now :V
8:02 PM - Tray: Yey
8:02 PM - Elions: Okay. Let's see here
8:02 PM - Elions: Give me a number from 1 to 4 then choose between A and B
8:03 PM - Elions: I'll pick your "test" according to those 2
8:03 PM - Tray: 4B
8:04 PM - Elions: Allright
8:04 PM - Elions: You get "A woman is walking around your area, she seems to have blood on her clothes and a dull expression. How do you react". Pick whichever character you preffer for this
8:05 PM - Tray: Beans.
8:06 PM - Elions Low footstep noises can be heard as the girl walks around the seemingly abandoned town. She appears to have her clothes messed up with blood, and her movements appear tiresome. She slowly passes close to you as she seems to wander without a set course
8:06 PM - Tray watches her wearily, calling out as she shambles by, "Miss, you okay?"
8:08 PM - Elions slowly turns her view towards the man, her expression can only be qualified as dull, perhaps from shock... Or because the blood is not in fact hers. "I'm... F-Fine..."
8:09 PM - Tray shakes his head, "You sure don't look fine, what happened?"
8:11 PM - Elions smiles lightly, she walks slowly towards him "Just... A very bad misunderstanding mister, that's all..." On closer inspection you can clearly notice that the woman is not in fact injured. She continues her slow walk towards you
8:12 PM - Tray moves his hand from his side onto his bayonet's sheath subtly, watching her edge closer, "Why don't you head into the inn? I reckon someone there can help wash your clothes."
8:15 PM - Elions she turns her head slowly to the Inn "Maybe... But you seem much better 'prepared' than they do." She leans in a bit closer "Besides... I know who you are mister... We have the same tendencies"
8:16 PM - Tray keeps his hand where it is on his sheath, raising a brow, "Do you know, missy?"
8:16 PM - Tray: now*
8:18 PM - Elions smirks, her hands on her back, away from his sight as she nods "Yep... You're no master of secrecy mate~" She attempts to relax him for a moment, her voice sounding a bit more soothing, understanding even
8:20 PM - Tray has had a few rodeos in his day, watching her hands more than her eyes or anything else, he hooks his thumb under the strap of his Mossberg, "That I ain't.
8:23 PM - Elions seems a bit proud on the man for not letting his guard down, straightening up and taking a few steps back "Well, i should go see where i can get these clothes washed... But i will see you soon, mister" She says this with a strange glee-ish tone to the words
8:23 PM - Tray pulls on the strap a bit, bringing the Mossberg more to his side, more reachable. "Mhm... try the inn, someone's bound to have a washboard."
8:25 PM - Elions nods, turning away from the man and putting both of her hands now to the front of her, making sure that he does not see them, walking towards the Inn
8:25 PM - Tray quickly walks around the Inn to the other entrance, enterring that way whilst the woman enters the opposite way.
8:26 PM - Tray: // Wait, how much is left?
8:26 PM - Elions: // just about done, one moment.
8:26 PM - Tray: // Righto.
8:29 PM - Elions She was already inside the Inn as Beans opens the door, leaving her entrance open and flicking the knife she was concealing on her hands upward, as Beans opens the door she throws it towards it. She attempts to make her escape as Beans is distracted by the knife flying towards him.
8:30 PM - Tray: // Would the knife like... stab into me, or fly beyond me?
8:31 PM - Elions: // i would expect it to get stuck on the door actually
8:31 PM - Tray: // Alright.
8:32 PM - Tray quickly slides himself to the side, the knife embedding itself into the door. He turns to see her running, he pulls out his bayonet, promptly chasing after her.
8:32 PM - Elions: Allright, we can end it here for now.

RESULTS:
Spoiler for Hiden:
  • Detail: Simple detail, making sure to note important things such as where his equipment is as well as where his attention is set on the other character. A
  • Lenght: Keeps the messages short for the most part, adding lenght to them where needed but otherwise attempting to keep it as short as possible while still maintaining detail. A
  • Logic: Kept the obvious danger of the situation in check while keeping his hand over his equipment in case of a struggle. The chase at the end however seems rushed as the woman would have had the advantage on the (known to have a peg-leg) Beans. It would have been better to inspect the knife to at least have some knowledge on the woman. B
  • Awareness: As stated before, Tray managed to maintain awareness of what the situation involved, without keeping his eyes away from the main center of attention, which should have been the woman's hands. Though he seems to have forgotten the idea that circling the Inn would have been difficult without being seen by her. B-
  • Respect: At no point did he go over the top or choose to overpower the woman, maintaining a more balanced out communication between them both. A+

Overall grade: A
Excellent Roleplaying skills, with "some" bumps to work out, but nothing that should be a worry

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 09:56:58 PM »
Woah, this is a good idea.

What the hell, this looks fun. I kind of want to try grading people too. Message me on Steam if you want a test, critique, or practice.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:40:03 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal