Author Topic: VIP Giveaway Contest!  (Read 5233 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
VIP Giveaway Contest!
« on: April 16, 2011, 10:25:07 PM »
Congratulations to...

Owencobs

Applications are currently: CLOSED
Donations are currently: CLOSED

Winner will be picked Monday, April 25th, 2011. If, for some odd reason, the date needs to be changed, I will let you know.

Thanks to Rogi, this contest is possible. Rogi is doing a GMR/HRP Cash -> VIP transaction, which is how the VIP will be given.

The Contest

The contest is very simple. I wanted to make the contest as equal as possible, so what I came up with is a simple essay of why you should recieve the VIP. I didn't want to do a build contest, GMR contest, or anything else because some people have faster cars in GMR, or have better wire skills than others. An essay is a simple, easy way to win the VIP. If you would like to apply, follow these steps:

• Make sure applications are open(Check top of thread for status).
  • Please only apply if you will actually be active in the community.
  • PM ME your application with this format:
Code: [Select]
[b]Steam Name: [/b]

[b]SteamID: [/b]

[b]Age: [/b]

[b]How long have you been with Catalyst-Gaming?: [/b]

[b]Have you had any bans with Catalyst-Gaming? If so, how long and why?: [/b]

[b]Which servers do you play on(GMR, HRP, HL2RP)?: [/b]

[b]Do you promise to follow ALL server rules?: [/b]

[b]Why should you be chosen to recieve VIP([i]2 Paragraphs, MINIMUM[/i])?: [/b]

Your application will be looked at, and saved until the very end of the contest. I will gather 2 more judges to judge who will win.

Donating

I will be handing $125,000 GMR over to Rogi for the donation. I am currently accepting donations, GMR cash only, which will go toward the CONTEST ONLY. I will not scam you, as that would be incredibly stupid and immature. If you would like to donate, find me in-game or PM ME this application filled out:

Code: [Select]
[b]Steam Name: [/b]
[b]Donation amount: [/b]
[b]When are you usually on the server?: [/b]

Seeing as the give command is broken, and VIP only, I will be using my admin powers to take the money from you, and give it to me. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH CASH TO DONATE.

Thanks To...

I would like to thank the following people for donating and/or helping me with the contest.

Rogi - Donating for VIP

Currently, there are no GMR cash donators. When someone donates, their name will appear in this section.

If you would like to see the benefits of recieving VIP, head to the "Donate" tab at the top of the website.
You may post any questions and/or suggestions for this contest in this thread.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:08:00 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: VIP Giveaway Contest!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »
Contestants
  • The real freeman
  • Juggernaut
  • Owencobs

Faq
When someone asks a question, I will answer it and post both the question and answer here.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:48:41 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 07:29:11 PM »
Hey, if it comes down to GMR cash, I guess I can help out :P

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »
Hey, if it comes down to GMR cash, I guess I can help out :P
That would be greatly appreciated. Any amount is fine, whether it be $1,000 or $10,000, but please try and keep it above $500.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »
I will have 50k when one of the owers decide to finally get on gmr :P

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 09:47:42 AM »
Applications are currently: OPEN
Donations are currently: CLOSED

Winner will be picked Monday, April 25th, 2011. If, for some odd reason, the date needs to be changed, I will let you know.

That's right, the contest is open! Yes, I know it was gone for like an hour or two, but that's over and I talked to Rofl and he decided to give me my admin back. Anyway, read the original post for information and instructions on how to enter. You may post any question you have in this thread.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:24:38 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »
Notice!
The contest is ending tomorrow around 4 or 5pm EST. If I do not recieve 3 more applications, the contest will be moved to Wednesday, April 27th, 2011. All you have to do is write a simple essay, and send me the application. Read the original post for more info!

Good luck!

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 10:44:46 AM »
I didn't even see this. If I get back early from ANZAC day, I'll apply.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 08:50:02 PM »
I didn't even see this. If I get back early from ANZAC day, I'll apply.
Sounds good. By the looks of it, I will probably have to extend the contest to Tuesday or Wednesday.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »
Congratulations to...

Owencobs
It wasn't only the essay I was paying attention to, it was which servers you play on and how mature you are. The other essays were great, but Owen's stood out to me. He got across some very interesting reasons of why he should recieve VIP, along with great details. Here is his essay:

Steam Name:OwenCobs

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17020175

How long have you been with Catalyst-Gaming?: January 31st

Have you had any bans with Catalyst-Gaming? If so, how long and why?: None, Sorry ;)

Which servers do you play on(GMR, HRP, HL2RP)?: HRP but I intend to play more HL2 rp and maybe GMR

Do you promise to follow ALL server rules?: Of Course

Why should you be chosen to recieve VIP(2 Paragraphs, MINIMUM)?:

Well... Since the shutdown of OC I have had a lot of time spare, I have caught up with work and everything and now I can commit more time to gaming, Considering I dont have a community to be involved with I am ready to commit a lot of time with this community.

Also, You know me fairly well due to my duty in Orange Cosmos and because of this you know I know the rules and I am able to help new people have fun in this community and learn the ropes. I have all the skills to be an admin in an old community with 18,000 members, I think im eligible to be a trusted vip here.

Also I have a lack of cash flow right now so as much as I want to buy vip or goldmember I am unable to so please could you give me this opportunity and Im sure its going to a good home :)

Yours,
Owen Cobs 

I would also like to thank Rogi for donating for VIP. Without him, this wouldn't be possible. Also, the extra cash will work out great seeing as OCRP was just bought.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »
Thanks for the chance :DD

Also, I'd like to thank Rogi for his donation towards this contest

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal