Author Topic: Bye bye  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bye bye
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:19:37 AM »
Well, I'll be keeping this short and to the point.

As far as I can see, the next few years of my life are going to be crammed with work and things to do, and I'll not be left very much time for gaming. Naturally, this means that I can't continue being an admin on CG, and that my characters will probably peter out from lack of use.
In addition to that, certain interpersonal relationships have boiled over to the point where I can't properly enjoy HL2RP in this community.

Thanks to Rofl for giving me op, and a bigger thanks to all of you who've contributed to my RP experience here. The fun I've had here is second only to what I experienced on BnT's WW3RP before it collapsed some time ago.
I can't really write to everybody who's made my experience fun. You're all so numerous, that I really only have time to write to those few core people who really made this for me. I'll probably end up thanking more people who've come and gone, than are still here. Don't be offended if you're not mentioned. These are the people who did something awe inspiringly important to me.

Col. Avalanche, for first introducing me to CG in the spring of 2010... Even though I didn't actually bother to register on the forums until June 2011!

Jackalantern, for being the best DvL I have seen to date, way back in C18.

Kage Kuro, for helping me see things through a second pair of eyes, and amusing me when things got dull serverside.

Saimon Avatar, for helping me get back into resistance RP after a long dry spell.

Riemer, for being my shenanigan buddy, and helping my factory plans before they got terminated.

Silent, for encouraging me to go through with my 'trader idea', and thus bringing Gorbachev to life.

Loves to my GRID squids who were there while I was HC, even though I didn't do nearly enough for you guys, and half of you probably hated me! :D

Lastly, one particular thank you to the players of Outlands during this past spring season. Almost all of you have participated in one of my events at one point or another, and I had a blast planning all of them out. A good chunk of you have also interacted with, and helped me define what has to be my most favorite character to date, Gorbachev the Trader. He took a shit load of effort and skill to RP with, but it was sure as hell worth it.

604 has been reassigned to C14, continuing his service there.
John Gatsby is laying low in C45 with his stashes of bomb making paraphernalia.
Florian 'Gorbachev' Dugglewoof is dangerously continuing his travels across the countrysides of Eastern Europe, keeping as low a profile as his considerable girth allows him. He one day hopes to return to the relatively peaceful -and profitable- valley of Ineu Pass.

Some of my favorite music :)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm5QxCHbgLA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm5QxCHbgLA</a>

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bye bye
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:23:37 AM »
Good luck wherever you go, man.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bye bye
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:28:37 AM »
Assuming waffle didn't auth this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal