Author Topic: The Journal of Rysio Preston Dakkari : The Sun No Longer Rises  (Read 1354 times)

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Journal of Rysio Preston Dakkari : The Sun No Longer Rises
« on: September 29, 2011, 04:53:34 PM »
Nikolai's sequel to "Journal of Arkadi Chernyaev : Totalitarian Rule." Read it here.
Journal of Rysio Preston Dakkari
The Sun No Longer Rises

I stepped clumsily into the drab, grey processing center of City 11. To my surprise, I was not greeted by a Civil Protection unit or some pesky scanner. It was rather obvious from just this, that this city was vulnerable. I had heard about the City 20 attacks. Barbaric but so be it, if that's the way we shall escape this bitter oppression.

Dismounting from the sidewalk in front of the aforementioned processing center, I nearly tripped onto poorly leveled stone. Upon regaining my balance, I saw what I wish I could 'unsee.' Poverty, depression, and ignorance. Back in the 1990s, I once visited a run-down district of the city of Sarajevo, in Bosnia. This was far worse.

I have hope though in my goals for this city, of which are to come in the future. However, it is fairly obvious in this city, that the sun no longer rises ... at least not without some assistance.

Zbogom,
Rysio Preston Dakkari
Live free or die

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Journal of Rysio Preston Dakkari : The Sun No Longer Rises
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 01:43:40 AM »
Phenomenal choice of words,  i think of the format and editing choices of the writing piece are nicely put together as if the hand-writing is like a photo-realistic painting of a journal entry. The attacking moments of the last journal entries were nicely put together, and i hope this sequel will have some foreshadowing and cliff-hangers.

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »
The Sun No Longer Rises

Yesterday and now I am in the Union Housing sector "a." The block is dirty, and drab. The paint on the wall is chipping, and there are gaping holes everywhere. I've also discovered another rather ironic fact of this block. The only violence I have witnessed at all since arriving in City 11 has been in this block, which is opposite the entrance to the Nexus, the heart of the Union in this city.

Today hasn't been that interesting. I've began designing some things which I will write about later in time. I haven't met with anyone, except for some annoying man who I presume is from Ukraine, who keeps following me around saying "Hi." I would appreciate it if he'd just let me shove my boot up his ass, and carry on.

There's a lack of human nature in this city. People have become so hypnotized my Combine memory deterring agents that are in provisions gathered from rations, that I'd find more human traits in an actual Civil Protection unit. People have actually come to accept Combine rule in this city, which is sad. Human nature makes us generally rebel against oppression, unless it is absolutely necessary to reform a nation, as seen in Nazi Germany generally in the mid-1930s where people understood the need for harsh police state oppression in order to fix the German economy and to regain German pride.

I'm not quite sure my plans for this city, but they will come in due time.

Zbogom,
Rysio
Live free or die

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 02:11:58 PM »
The Sun No Longer Rises

Today has been another slow day. I stepped into a shop opposite the Hostel, and met someone who may be a good friend in the near future. He does not seem very happy with my opinion on the Combine, but perhaps he will change his mind later in time.

It's started to become very evident that perhaps this city won't be the best place to stay, and perhaps an escape to the outskirts of here will be necessary. Haven't seen Hrvoj at all since arriving, hope he is alright. That bastard better not be dead while on my time.

Zbogom,
Rysio.
Live free or die

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
The Sun No Longer Rises

My life isn't worth it. I do not deserve to live. I shall confess all information I know to a unit before biting into a raw almond. Almond skins contain cyanide.

This city cannot survive. We will all die soon anyways. I wish the best to those who follow me, and I wish Hrvoj hell for not being there for me. Fuck him, and fuck the Union.

Zbogom,
I'm not quite sure who I am anymore.

(OOC)
I found this character really difficult to develop which is why I decided to no longer continue it. I am not liking City 11 and find citizen roleplay on it rather difficult.
Live free or die

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal