Author Topic: First Impressions on the Server.  (Read 6551 times)

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
First Impressions on the Server.
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:06:41 AM »
I LOVE the server, its active, people seem to be able to Roleplay, but there is ONE problem I have.

I was caught coming out of a restricted area, level 2 trespassing, thats fine, I face the wall like asked, and the CP member does this /me.

* [IG] Shanaro ties the girls hands.
.// Do you resist?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats a powergame is it not? He's forcing an action upon me in his /me and asking me in OOC if I try to resist, shouldn't it be more like this?

* [IG] Shanaro 's hands reach out in an attempt to grab the girls, trying to force them down to get a zip-tie around them.

That would be more appropriate right?

Then, I'm in jail, some CP is doing WICKED /it's of the atmosphere, making it really cool, then here comes my punishment.

A person walks in, and does these /me's.

* [IG] Shanaro flicks her stunstick on
* [IG] Shanaro hits her 4 times in the head
* [IG] Shanaro flicks her stunstick off.

She then proceeds to hit me OOCly four times, then flick it off and walk out.

I'm sorry but thats BLATENT Powergaming, regardless of me being tied, I still have legs and body movement, you've tied my hands, not my ability to move, but thats not the point.

All three of these /me's were binds, and I wasn't given a chance to respond, here would have been a more appropriate RP experience for both of us.

CP Unit Flicks her Stunstick on, laughing slightly.
* [IG] Shanaro takes a step back in her cell, her eyes wide with fear.
CP Unit lunges forward in an attempt to smash her stunstick into the girls head.
* [IG] Shanaro is hit across the head, unable to respond to the speed, she lets out a cry of pain as this happens.
Attempts to hit the girl three more times, in quick, speedy movements.
* [IG] Shanaro is easily hit the three more times, coughing once as her eyes roll up into her head and she crumbles to the ground, unconscious.

now THAT would have been fun, but instead I get three short binds and no chance to respond, so I ask the CP unit about it.

The CP unit says this is how they are all trained and that they have permission to powergame once your inside the nexus.

I'm sorry, but is this true? If it is it needs to be changed, thats one sided RP and it breaks a very basic rule in your server.

So, overall, great Roleplay experience, excluding the horribly Roleplayed CP encounters that I had.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: First Impressions on the Server.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 07:12:45 AM »
Thanks for reporting that, although I feel sorry to see it happening in such situation, and being reported in this topic. Almost all our CPs are very good roleplayers, but as I see, there is some exception.

I'll check the logs and deal with this unit as soon as I get a chance to.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 09:17:28 AM »
What are the units digits? If this applicable and he is under the rank of 02 then I can punish him IC for it.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 09:19:20 AM »
As can I, pm me the digits of you remember them and ill see if I can beat veran to it, *trollface*
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »
The amount of times I've told CP to not ask in LOOC if they resist..
They should be attempting to tie them in /me and wait for a reply, yet my efforts run ignored.
Can we get a rule implemented about this?

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »
Glad to get such a quick and awesome response guys!

Sadly I don't remember her digits, it was a female figure, NOVA I believe, I had a 5 minutes LOOC conversation with her about how everyone of the teachers for Civil Protection say you can powergame and not wait for a response after performing a /me as long as they've already been captured, I called bullshit and then she ignored me. xD

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 03:54:44 PM »
I was the unit doing the /its and the speeches, and I do believe it was a female NOVA 02. I witnessed the powergaming and I must side with Shanaro, it was a bit powergamey in the fact that you could still try and struggle, or try to dodge the blows, or even do some PainRP. I think her digits were 099 or something along those lines.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 04:00:53 PM »
Shanaro, what "restricted" area where you coming from? As S6 and S2 are both public except on very rare occasions...

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »
The amount of times I've told CP to not ask in LOOC if they resist..
They should be attempting to tie them in /me and wait for a reply, yet my efforts run ignored.
Can we get a rule implemented about this?
no one is going to listen or do that you know right?
Anywhore, tell us the digits and Thea unit will get punished
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »
Shanaro, what "restricted" area where you coming from? As S6 and S2 are both public except on very rare occasions...

I believe that it was actually Sector 6, when I entered back into the main district, the one with the Nexus, I was punished for Level 2 trespassing, if it turns out I didnt actually break any laws, I'd like those infractions removed from my character xD

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 05:06:02 PM »
Yeah.. S6 is not restricted. I will find out which unit gave you the level two.

What character is yours BTW?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:08:44 PM by ChristmasBrandon *?[]:-?{------ »

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »
It was that same NOVA character who powergamed me.

Offline .:KFrohman:.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »

It's restricted somewhat. Only citizens with less than 2 criminal marks can enter. If you do not fit that criteria and you're found in it or leaving it, I consider that Level 2 Tresspassing.

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 06:11:59 PM »

It's restricted somewhat. Only citizens with less than 2 criminal marks can enter. If you do not fit that criteria and you're found in it or leaving it, I consider that Level 2 Tresspassing.

regardless I had no criminal marks what-so-ever, so even if this were the case, it wouldn't apply to my citizen.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 10:42:59 AM »
The thing with asking LOOCly if the citizen resists or not.
Not all citizens know how to RP properly. They either try to powergame or mingerun out of the situation, or they simply don't know what to do. That's why I as well almost always ask LOOCly if they resist. Then they know that I am waiting for their response.

About the "Units are trained and allowed to powergame in Nexus":
This is absolutely NOT true. Units are NEVER allowed to powergame, and should ALWAYS wait for a citizen to react with a /me upon their own.
So in OP's second examples; those are the right ways how you should beat a citizen in detainment.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal