Author Topic: A quick question regarding Authirizations.  (Read 3618 times)

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
A quick question regarding Authirizations.
« on: November 19, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »
For those of us who have authorizations, or have managed to get accepted from the older thread, are those auth's still in effect or have they been revoked until we can re-apply?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A quick question regarding Authirizations.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 10:53:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure everything that has been accepted before is still in effect. If that wasn't the case, someone would've probably told you.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 03:26:40 AM »
Just making sure, my authorizations are rarely used anyway, just if ever I'm on Jessica and you get into some CQC with me, watch out =P

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 09:12:41 AM »
Hmm according to your post, it wasn't even accepted yet. It said you had to improve your roleplay before any final verdict would be given.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
Does this also apply if you got a character before a rule restricting it was applied?
My vortigaunt comes from Half-Life: Decay, but he's only in one mission, the only thing he and his partner do is retrieve a crystal for Nihlianth (Or however you spell it). I got him before the No-canon-characters rule was applied.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 07:37:19 PM »
Hmm according to your post, it wasn't even accepted yet. It said you had to improve your roleplay before any final verdict would be given.

My roleplay on average is usually 2-3 lines in descriptiveness, i've also done more passive roleplay on the server than I see people doing around me, I don't think you were looking at the right Jessica.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 12:01:56 AM »
Just because you type a wall of text doesnt make you a good roleplayer. The mechanics, language, and flow of a RP scenario are what make it better. I've seen people who wite massive walls of text and others who write a single line. Sometimes the single liners are better then the walls. Also, etiquitte and rules of RP (ie. play to lose) must be followed or else nobody wants to rp with you.

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 12:48:58 AM »
Just because you type a wall of text doesnt make you a good roleplayer. The mechanics, language, and flow of a RP scenario are what make it better. I've seen people who wite massive walls of text and others who write a single line. Sometimes the single liners are better then the walls. Also, etiquitte and rules of RP (ie. play to lose) must be followed or else nobody wants to rp with you.

This is true but my authorizations were in trial check simply because not many had seen my Roleplay, and while I agree with you that quantaty isn't as good as quality, the quality of some of the roleplay I've seen on the server isn't very good, just a few examples include almost every Civil Protection unit I come into contact with powergaming (IE: not attempting their actions, simply doing so without a thought that I might resist, of course I wont cause I fearRP, but it bugs me that they dont attempt either way xD)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 03:16:03 AM »
just because the unit hasn't /me attempts, doesn't mean you cant fire out a /me and try to counter him

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 08:13:43 AM »
Some cases dont require the use of a /me for an attempt. An example would be pushing a tied citizen against the wall with 2 other units nearby. Sure there might be a chance that he could somehow dodge the attack and run for the hills but being tied with three units watching, you have a better chance winning the lottory.

Basically, if theres a situation where powergamimg really isnt an issue cause the outcome is obvious, you dont need to do it. It helps the RP move along smoother. Flow.

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
Some cases dont require the use of a /me for an attempt. An example would be pushing a tied citizen against the wall with 2 other units nearby. Sure there might be a chance that he could somehow dodge the attack and run for the hills but being tied with three units watching, you have a better chance winning the lottory.

Basically, if theres a situation where powergamimg really isnt an issue cause the outcome is obvious, you dont need to do it. It helps the RP move along smoother. Flow.

Okay, so he tries to push me, I move out of the way of the push, but I definetly got to attempt to get out of the way of the 2 other CP units, in which they would easily stop me.

Regardless of what a characters chances are ICly, there should never be an excuse to powergame for anyone on the server.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »

Regardless of what a characters chances are ICly, there should never be an excuse to powergame for anyone on the server.
It depends. If your a citizen up agaisnt the SeC, its obvious who will win, and that you won't be able to kill him as a citizen.
what

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 04:15:08 PM »

It depends. If your a citizen up agaisnt the SeC, its obvious who will win, and that you won't be able to kill him as a citizen.

Once again that depends on IC circumstance, say somehow that citizen managed to get a gun, confrontation, oh damn citizen just shot that Sec Officer in the face, he's dead.

Besides, Its not obvious who will win, if SeC officers are P2Wing all the time and powergaming, then yea, but if a SeC officer tries to bite off more than he can chew just cause he's SeC, he's in deep shit citizen or not, he better have backup if it turns out that Citizen knows a thing or two about fighting in close quarters.

This is why CP units patrol in groups, because they can end up fucked if they are alone =P

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 04:46:52 PM »
there is no way you'll have the reaction times to shoot a SeC in the face, if it's from far away the SeC won't be alone, he'll be inside, and with guards, so you'll get shot, if you're close enough to aim QUICKLY at his face, the SeC is augmented to be faster and just punch you in the face and implode your entire face

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »
there is no way you'll have the reaction times to shoot a SeC in the face, if it's from far away the SeC won't be alone, he'll be inside, and with guards, so you'll get shot, if you're close enough to aim QUICKLY at his face, the SeC is augmented to be faster and just punch you in the face and implode your entire face

WOOO.

By the way its called a hipfire stance, basically you can shoot up in less than a second, only if your trained in it, and no citizen would be trained to do that. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal