Author Topic: Where Did You Get Your Name?  (Read 11040 times)

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Where Did You Get Your Name?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 10:06:38 PM »
I was playing MGS4 and I wanted a new name so I decided to name it after Raiden.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 10:36:23 PM »
There used to be a book on the bookshelf by the computer titled Yankee Samurai. I was trying to think of a username to register as when I was signing up on CG's forums; I idly glanced at the bookshelf and saw Yankee Samurai sitting there. I thought it sounded badass, so I used it (removing the space of course).

I've stuck with the name for several years because it's convenient. YankeeSamurai is almost never taken at websites requiring you to register with a unique username. Besides that, the name is fitting for me because IRL I'm of Japanese ancestry but based on what my friends say, I act and sound like some generic caucasian American guy. And it's also a neat username all around so yeah
o7

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012, 12:05:05 AM »
I was desperately thinking of an original XBOX Live gamer tag and I remembered some gameplay I had watched from a game called "Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard", who's catch phrase was "It's Hazard Time".  Seeing as I had no better ideas, I used it.  I carried this over to CG when I joined.

Offline Xanuch

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2012, 12:21:13 AM »
Got mine while writing a short story. Started with the Letter X, wanted a cool spelling style of some Celtic / Gothic region in europe aaand it clicked. :3

By the way, people constantly mispronounce my name so I'm gonna clear it up

Xanuch
(Zah-nuuk) Celtic / Gothic pronounciations

My avitars are of my own creation, really. Stealin pics was a shameless ordeal I'll never turn to doing.

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2012, 12:23:08 AM »
Then name Frolie comes from the movie Children of Men.

The preggo bitch wanted to name her baby Frolie and I thought it was a k name.
I'm a fag

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 09:02:40 AM »
First name + (Second name - last3letters) + s

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• Given 250 Credits and all I get was this fucking title?
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2012, 10:01:32 AM »
First name + (Second name - last3letters) + s

Didn't you have another name? I remember Kaz calling you something else? Pootymines?

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 10:06:09 AM »
That was a nickname. I changed to OwenCobs in Pulsar Effect, Before it was [PE] Owen :)

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 12:02:59 PM »
I had the name Anteater when I was a wee lad, then I went on to the name Papercut.. I was later informed that those two names are stupid, so I settled upon Krusader. The |RIP Tupac| Comes from the fact that Tupac is the boss of rap, and he is dead. rip :)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2012, 08:10:06 PM »
My original Steam name used to be Zaboomafoo, after that really old kids show with the lemur and those two guys. After a while though, I got bored with the name. I went through a few names before settling with Sexy Frog. I really don't know how or why I thought of it, kind of a spur of the moment thing, trying to think of a catchy and funny name and Sexy Frog just stuck.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Drexlord ????????³ ????Ó??·??

• Your Gay Test Came Back...You Scored A Rainbow
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 09:43:01 PM »
Originally I was thinking of a name so I came up with "Bludevil1468"(Blud evil1468) I don't really know why but I spelled it like that cause I wanted to be more original and that lasted a few good years. Then I came up with the name "Xx3LiTe SnOwMaNxX" cause i wanted to think of something new that was somewhat funny it lasted about a year or two. Now I go by the name "Snow Foxey" it came from out of nowhere really I think foxes are interesting animals and just put "snow" in front of it and I wanted to be alittle more original so I added a "y" then I finally settled on adding an "ey" and I have had this name for about a year now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal