Author Topic: Zak Grant's return.  (Read 3270 times)

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Zak Grant's return.
« on: March 09, 2012, 02:03:45 PM »
Day one
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpP0ftoIc8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpP0ftoIc8</a>
Zak woke up slowly, staring around him to only see green lights blind his vision. He tossed and turned before falling back into a deep sleep, only hear the words "Rest now...Grant". As Zak awoke again, he felt the cold wind stroke his cheek. He peered around, looking down at his naked, scared body. He got up; feeling a sharp pain in his chest as the wind almost blew him off his feet. But he carried on, placing his arm in front of his eyes as snow slowly dropped down from the sky. Zak shivered, feeling the cold as the wind felt like knifes slicing through him, the snow dropping on his head softly. He peered over to his left, looking down at the long drop below his very feet; he knew he had to get into cover soon before he froze to death.
Zak stumbled across the mountains, holding his arms closely as the wind and snow blew harshly against him, he knew he could not go on much longer. He went over a final hill, falling into the snow and sliding to the bottom, he felt a sharp crack as one of his ribs broke at the bottom of the hill, he yelled out slightly, incredibly weak. He took one last glance up, seeing a light approach him, before his vision went into a tunnel; he passed out, his face falling into the cold snow.
Zak awoke slowly, covering his eyes weakly as a bright light shone in his face. He tilted his head to the left slightly, looking down at the beds lined up against the wall. The dark concrete walls only made the room seem like a dungeon more than a medical bay. He seemed to be the only person in the room before a woman walked in, she had shoulder length blonde hair, her eyes blue as the sea, she wore a resistance vest with a medic symbol on her arm, but another strange symbol on her other arm. Zak had never seen it before and started to worry. She knelt next to him and gave a light smile "You had us worried, you could have died out there with all that snow falling down!” Zak could not find the strength to give a smile back, instead he faced the ceiling again, closing his eyes once more as she inspected his wounds, Zak groaned as she poked his rib, looking at her as if to say "Ouch, that hurt!". She smiled and gave in a whisper "Sorry" before returning to his rib to see what the damage was. She hummed quietly, but Zak did not care. He thought about all his friends he had abandoned in the Outlands, all the things he had accomplished, and he knew that nothing would be the same if he ever returned...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:23:25 AM by The Joke »
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Zak Grant's return.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 05:07:46 PM »
Beans still hates you XD
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:58:21 AM »
Day two
[/size]
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvFPKujc5w" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvFPKujc5w</a>
As Zak awoke from his slumber, he looked around the room once more. He heard moans from the far side of the room, so he decided to sit up on his bed to get a better view. He saw a man; he had a bandage around his chest and was shaking in his bed, muttering to himself. Zak could make out a few words, "Antlions, Combine, death...” Zak never forgot those words, the words that seemed to repeat in his life over and over again, and the same events happening daily. But Zak was a strong figure, mentally and physically, and he knew that if the resistance were not there and doing all that they could, then the world would have been lost already. The woman from yesterday came in again, walking to the man on the far side of the room and inspecting him closely. She had a worried look on her face as she talked into her radio, Zak could not work out what she was saying. Three more vested figures entered the room; they ran to the man on the bed and shared the same worried expression. The man was not speaking any more, and the doctor from yesterday was performing CPR on him. She pounded on his chest, crying out as he did not respond. Zak just stared, unsure of who any of these people were, or what he was here for. She finally gave up and flopped onto the man, crying into his chest with her arms covering her face. One of the men walked over to her and put his arm around her, trying to comfort her. While the other two just stood there, staring at the chaos. The woman got up silently and left the room, with the rest following, leaving the body in the care of Zak as he stared over it, "Antlions, Combine, death...”

Day three
[/size]

Zak was walking through a forest, he had no idea where he was heading, only that he had to get somewhere. He looked up to the suns gently rays against his skin. Before he looked back down, and saw ten OTA surrounding him, he looked at each one as they stared back. He closed his eyes as one of them said "Zakery Grant, amputate!” They open fired and he screamed out "Noo!" as he opened his eyes and screamed at the sun. Zak awoke still screaming, he felt sweat go down his forehead. Then got adjusted to his surroundings as he realised it was just a dream, he panted heavily, not knowing what it meant. The woman came in; she must have heard the screams as she ran over to the bed, watching Zak closely "Are you alright?" She said in a rather panicky tone. Zak just looked up at her, nodding his head slowly, his breathing slowed down. She nodded back, passing him a glass of water she was carrying. Zak took it gratefully, nodding in thanks before downing all of it in one large gulp. She finally spoke once he laid the glass on the bedside table. "I am Ashley, by the way". Zak looked up at her, keeping a straight face as he wiped the sweat from his brow with his arm. "I...I am...Zak Grant". She nodded, smiling slightly, "Nice to meet you" Zak said in a rather monotone voice. "Thank you, it’s nice to meet you too.” Ashley replied with a small, innocent smile. She turned to leave before turning back quickly and speaking in a slightly louder voice "The commander wants to see you tomorrow, plus you should be feeling all better soon. I will get a Vortiguant to help you out". Zak raised an eyebrow, "Why did you not use the Vortiguant when I first came in?” "We did" She replied "You were just passed out, so you cannot remember". Zak nodded "Thank you". He replied, before giving a slight smile back. She turned on her heel and left the room. Zak watched her leave before resting his head on his pillow once again, thinking about the dream he had. "Antlions, Combine, death..."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:25:57 AM by The Joke »
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »
Day five

Zak arose again, staring around the dark, empty room, thinking about his past, his present, and his future. Ashley walked in, followed by a strange creature; it was hunched over, its skin olive green and its many eyes red as fire. Zak immediately remembered what the beast was. A Vortiguant! They both walked over to his bedside, the Vort hummed slowly, before speaking in a low, scratchy voice. "The Grant...” Zak looked up at the Vortiguant, nodding slowly before it put its arms over Zak, they began to glow green. Zak shut his eyes, feeling the pulses of energy go through him. He reopened them "Thank you". The Vortiguant hummed quietly before waddling out of the room. Ashley came over to Zak with a slight smile before saying "The commander is ready to see you".

Zak stumbled out of his bed, and with the help of Ashley stood up. He had some old combat trousers on, and a bandage strapped around his chest. Ashley guided him along to the end of the medical bay; Zak had started to get sick of it, day and night nothing but empty grey walls. They turned left, heading down a deserted corridor, the walls had black and white tiles, but most of the tiles were on the floor and had been smashed to pieces. They turned a right next onto a small metal balcony. Zak stared in amazement at what he saw. Hundreds of men and woman, all just having general conversations like there was nothing wrong, no Antlions, no Combine, no death. He saw a few being trained, doing sit-ups, press ups. He stared out of the windows to see a few people running around the outside of the complex, not a care in the world. Zak smiled slightly, remembering the old days when Skyler, Dave, and Alex taught him all he needed to know. They continued along the balcony, until they reached a solid concrete path, leading up to a metal door with two guards, both with vests and AR2's. They walked up to them; Ashley said in a confident voice "The commander wanted to see this man". The guards looked at each other, before nodding slowly. One of them picked up a radio and muttered "Ashley and some other guy said you wanted to see them...” The door buzzed as it opened slowly, light coming through it. "Go on in" The guards said. They continued into the light, stepping into the unknown.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLvsmho1lGA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLvsmho1lGA</a>
Zak stared around his surroundings; an old stereo was playing some classical music in the corner of the room. A desk laid at the front with a computer and keyboard on top of it, a lamp to the side, and a book in the middle. Another bookcase kept itself in the right hand side of the room, no space for any other books to fit in. Then Zak looked back at the desk, seeing a chair behind it with smoke rising over the top of it. Ashley spoke in a slightly timid voice "This is him sir...” Zak saw a hand with a cigar drop to the side of the chair. A man with a deep, booming voice replied "You can go Ashley". Ashley sat Zak down gently on a chair before nodding and leaving the room, shutting the door behind her. The room was silent. Zak saw the hand go back behind the chair, the noise of the cigar burning away and then the smoke drifting over it. Finally the man spoke "What brings you to my complex?” Zak stared at the chair for a moment before replying slowly "I did not come here on purpose, but if I had not of found you, I would have died". "So I heard!" The voice replied. The chair suddenly turned round to show a rather large man in a black suit with a yellow tie. He wore glasses on top of his nose and had little hair. "Striding naked through the snow and wind, not really something you should do every day...” Zak nodded, "I do not know how I got there, but it happened". The man nodded slowly before leaning back in his chair, taking a puff from his cigar. "Should I be able to trust you..?” Zak gave him a confused look, before squinting slightly in a confused manner. "I repeat...Can I trust you?” Zak nodded silently "I certainly hope so..." The man nodded before rising from his chair and going to the window, the music silently played in the background. "This is station Omega old boy. One of the many stations that hold refugees, Lambda, and Vortiguants alike. And I assure you that it’s probably one of the best hidden and secure facilities ever discovered!” Zak just stared at the man, not saying a word. "I can tell that you must have been in a few fights, scars tell a number of stories". Zak looked down at his many scars, frowning to himself before looking back up and replying "I guess you could say that..." The man laughed loudly and banged his hand on the table before speaking again "Tell me, what you have fought? OTA? Antlions? Zombies?!” Zak looked up and gave a smirk, "How about all of the above". The man began laughing again, slamming his hands down on the table. "Brilliant, just brilliant! Then maybe...Saving your life was not a complete mistake". Zak stared at him with a confused expression "Mistake?” The man waved the question away, before speaking again in a slightly quieter and lower tone. "I need soldiers, Mr. Grant..." Zak glared at him "How do you know my name?” The man laughed loudly again turning back to the window as he calmed down. "Mr. Grant, a Vortiguant told me all about you and with your experience I think you would be a fine asset to our cause". Zak raised an eyebrow before speaking again "How did the Vortiguant know about me?" The man waved the question away, returning to his chair and putting his fingers into a pyramid shape on the table "Mr. Grant, I am Mr. Moslin, and I would like to get your trained, kitted up, and ready for battle!” Zak growled at him before pushing his chair back across the room and turning for the door. "Mr. Grant..." Zak stopped, his hand inches away from the door operating system. "If you do not fight with us...You can leave, and I assure you, you will not last long." Zak sighed, knowing he was right. He turned round and faced him "Now, I can get you all of that, but I think you owe us your life anyway. So then Mr. Grant, will you join us?" Zak stared at the wall as the song finished, before speaking in a serious tone. "I do not really have a choice now, do I?”
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:29:24 AM by The Joke »
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 11:48:34 AM »
Day eighteen
Zak was feeling better, his wounds fully healed and his mind as strong as before. He arose from his sleep to find a vested rebel screaming in his face. "Get up Grant. It’s your first day of training and you need to be kitted out!” Zak groaned before stepping out of the bed, he wore some old citizen clothing that had been handed to him. It felt like the old days in City 18. The nightmarish days. He remembered the feeling of urgency and fear as he escaped to the Outlands, trying to find his place in the new community, not knowing what lay before him. Zak looked towards the vested rebel to see that he had some old sergeant stripes on his shoulders. "Where am I meant to be going, sergeant?" Zak asked in a gruff voice. "Go straight down the hall to stores, they will get you kitted out!" He yelled back. As Zak left the room he heard the voice echo down the hallway again "Meet me down at the field once you are kitted Grant!” Zak sighed as he turned the corner, heading towards the stores.

Zak turned the next corner to go down the stairs when he accidently bumped into Ashley, she blushed as she took hair away from her eyes, looking down at the stairs timidly "Sorry, was not looking where I was going". Zak smiled lightly before replying "It was my fault, I should have been more careful". They meant to go past each other but bumped into each other again, and then they both went the other way, bumping once more before Zak carefully grabbed her arms, pulling her one way while he went the other. She smiled lightly at the humorous situation before walking off. Zak waved timidly after her before sighing, turning on his heel, and heading for the stores again.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkhFoxwJsD4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkhFoxwJsD4</a>

Zak reached the door to stores. He walked inside slowly, eyeing his surroundings as an old record player played in the corner quietly. Zak approached the desk slowly, staring at the old woman behind it. "Uhh...Excuse me, I was told by the sergeant to get some kit?” The woman looked up slowly, looking Zak over before pulling her glasses up her nose and turning round, she grabbed some clothes off of a chest including a vest as she passed it over the table, she then went to the other side of the room. There was a locked door. She pulled out a key from her neck, and then placed it inside the door, opening it. Zak leaned to his right slightly to see weapons lined up on the wall and boxes of ammunition. She appeared a few seconds later with what looked like an old pistol and MP7, of which she laid on the vest and passed it over the table. "There you go Hun, try not to die out there" she murmured softly before going to lock the door again. Zak slowly bent down, picking the equipment off of the table and walking out of the room.

He went into a cold shower block and laid the pistol and MP7 on top of the toilet, before stripping down from his civilian attires and getting into his new vested clothing. He smiled lightly as he got used to the weight again, remembering the first time Dave gave him a vest. The weight was no problem. He bent down towards the weapons, grabbing the sling of his new MP7 and placing it over his neck, pulling on the sling so that the MP7 lay harmlessly on his back. He then picked up his pistol, getting more memories of his first fire fight before placing it back in his holster; he walked out of the bathroom, and headed for the field, ready for whatever they had to throw at him.

Part 2 coming soon!
[/size]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:31:40 AM by The Joke »
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 06:07:58 AM »
Day eighteen (Part two).
[/u]
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwteHQoYfLQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwteHQoYfLQ</a>

As Zak approached the double doors open that lead to the double field, the sunlight blinded his eyes, and he placed his hand in front of his face for a moment. He slowly took his hand away from his face and dazed around the field. He had not been outside for god knows how long. It was still snowing slightly but most of it had melted, he felt the snow softly hit his head, gracefully. "Over here Grant!" someone bellowed. Zak looked around for the man of whom this voice belonged to. "I said now Grant!" Zak spotted him. He was built like a tank. His muscles looked like tree trunks and his chest pointed outwards through his vest. Zak quickly ran over and joined a group of around eight people in a line. "Congratulations all of you, you actually made it to your first day of training, mama would be proud of you!” Zak smirked at the small joke, before retaining his previous emotions and keeping a straight face. "I am...Was, Sergeant Bellhop!” Zak questioned this in his mind, due to the fact that military members were killed in the seven hour war. "You are probably wondering how I survived...No?" The sergeant stared at each one of us with a hardened glare that tore right through you. "Well, during the first hour of the seven hour war...I could see that there was no hope for us winning. So I ran, took the rest of my squad with me but they did not make it. It was not a coward’s way out, it was a tactical decision. You should have seen what it was like on the battlefield...Bodies just piled up..." The sergeant stayed silent for a moment as he lowered his gaze to the ground. "Anyway, that's how I got here...Mr Moslin insisted that I stayed, with my skills I can teach you weaklings the meaning of pain..." He looked back up at the group and laughed loudly, he sounded like a drum. "Now, get down and gimme twenty maggots!" He boomed as everyone dropped to the floor and gave their effort to complete the task. "Common Henders, you are worse than I thought!" Zak kept pushing himself as he reached his last five push-ups, his body already ached and his arms got shaky, his breathing increased as he neared the end. "Alright maggots, you can get up now!" Everyone got up, breathing slightly as they looked at the sergeant. "Well then, seems that you are not dead yet. Round the field twice!” Everyone turned to their right and started slowly jogging down the field. Zak knew that this was going to be some intense training.

Day twenty two.

"Well now, you seem to all be getting better at the same ol' shit. So let’s move on to something more...Fun?" The sergeant laughed slightly before beaconing everyone to follow him as he headed towards the building, all the snow had disappeared and all that was left was the blinding light of the sun. They went through the building, going up flight after flight of stairs until the sergeant pushed a squeaky metal door open. Zak walked through the sunlight to find himself on the roof of the complex. He looked to his right to see the sergeant placing his bag down and getting some rope and hooks out. "Now, in case of a tricky situation you are going to need a fast way out, right?" He peered around at everyone, making sure they were listening. "So this is it, rappelling!” He fastened the rope on a hook pointing out of the ground before holding the rope out in front of him towards the group. "So, who first? Oh and when you get down there give me four laps of the field". Everyone exchanged a look as the sergeant glared at each of them. "Grant, good volunteering!" He bellowed as he stared directly at Grant. "Uhh...Sure". Grant mumbled back before approaching the rope. "Just place it on your straps, trust me, it will hold." Zak slowly took the rope and clip before clipping it onto one of his straps. He sighed heavily before leaning over the edge. "Natural Grant...” The sergeant mumbled. "Just go when you are ready, keep your legs spread and face the sky". Zak accented down the wall, the sergeant and the rest of the group looked over the edge at him. Zak peered through one of the windows to see Ashley, she looked out and did an inaudible laugh, and he could not hear her. Zak smiled lightly back before carrying on going down the wall. He finally reached the ground and unclipped before looking up to see the group clapping and cheering. Zak smiled lightly back before darting off around the field, knowing that he had accomplished something today.

"Congratulations all of you, you can climb vertically down a wall, but that does not make you Jesus Christ I am afraid". The group exchanged smiles before looking back at the sergeant. "Go get some rest and meet back here at oh eight hundred tomorrow, dismissed!” The group funnelled back into the building and headed for the barracks. As they reached them Zak headed straight for his bed and flopped down into it, groaning loudly. "Tough day Grant?” Said a voice. Zak sat up in his bed and looked for who the voice belonged to. He finally found who it was, a young man around the age of twenty four named Alex Henders. "Sergeant had something up his ass again today". Zak said with a smirk. Alex gave off a laugh "Wonder what he would be like if he was drunk..." Zak and Alex exchanged laughs. "So, you met Mr Moslin yet?" Zak nodded slowly. "Lucky asshole!" Alex bellowed with a smile. "You are only one of a few who have actually met him". Zak gave him a puzzled expression. "So what is he like?" Zak sighed slightly before replying. "Fat, round, likes classical music" Alex burst out laughing and hit Zak in the shoulder lightly as Zak gave off a small laugh as well. "Ahh well, maybe one day I will get to meet him" Alex said positively as he scrubbed his boots down with polish. "Yeah, good luck with that". Zak mumbled back. "So, what did he want you for then?" Alex asked inquisitively. "Uhh, it was mostly to do with my past and about this training really". Alex nodded slowly before looking back down at his boots. "So why did he not talk to me about training then?" Alex asked with a confused look. "I dunno, we kind of bribed me really..." Zak replied with a sigh. "Ahh well, get some of the best training you need here!" Alex said as he scrubbed his boots. "Yeah, tomorrow is another day" Zak mumbled as he turned to his side and fell into a deep sleep.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:34:59 AM by The Joke »
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »
Day twenty three (Night time)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kGAz6HYM8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kGAz6HYM8</a>

Zak awoke quickly again, he was sweating and panting, realising that the same dream he had before had come back to him. He wiped his forehead with his hand before sighing deeply and swinging his legs around his bed, stepping out of it. He walked towards the doorway of the dark barracks, his feet only stepping on the cold stone floor as he walked along. He approached the stairwell and climbed up to the top where the roof was. The air was cold and cut through him, his hair waved around. He approached the side of the building and looked over the edge to see how far down it was. He smiled lightly as he saw what he had accomplished today. "What are you doing up here?” Zak remembered the voice and turned suddenly. "Nothing, just grabbing some fresh air". He replied as he looked upon Ashley. "Without any clothes on?” Zak’s eyes all of a sudden widened as he looked down to see that he was only wearing boxers. "Oh...Shit" Zak mumbled as he looked back up at Ashley with an embarrassed expression. She laughed lightly before smiling at him. "Does not matter, when you came into the base you were naked!” She gave another laugh as Zak smirked at her. He turned on his heel and leaned on the wall. She soon followed and leaned on the wall next to him. "What are you doing up here?" Zak asked as he shivered slightly. "I like it up here, it’s a good way to just escape from everything and let your mind roam free". She replied, giving Zak a small smile, he smiled back before looking out at the wide forest terrain. Zak shook abruptly "Here" said Ashley as she dug into her bag and brought out a black coat. She started bringing it around him but then their eyes met. Zak smiled slightly as he looked at her but she just stood there looking back. "I-I..." She started to say. Zak raised an eyebrow at her as she could not spit the words out. She sighed before leaning in towards Zak. Zak shared the same movements. They were about to meet when all of a sudden the roof doorway blew open and the sergeant stood there. "I do not mean to interrupt your love affair but you two better get inside, it’s fucking cold out here if you did not realise!” He soon disappeared again into the building as Zak took one last look at Ashley and headed towards the building.

Day twenty three (Daytime).

"Alright!” The sergeant boomed. "Today we are going to move onto something a little more fun!” The group looked at each other anxiously. "That’s right, weapons handling training!” Zak gave a smile as he said this, remembering when Skyler first taught him how to use weapons effectively. "I hope you all brought your weapons!" The group nodded at the sergeant before approaching the tables laid before them. "Lay your weapons down, I hope you all have unloaded them...” He said in a gruff tone. "Now, first things first. Introductions. This is your standard MP-7 sub machine gun. This baby has quite a high rate of fire, but does not have the penetration to cause a massive amount of damage, especially to an OTA unit. So if you get into a fire fight with one of these. You better just shoot a whole magazine into them. That should do the trick. It also has a small attached M203 grenade launcher, of course it’s downed in size because otherwise it would look ridiculous...Now. It fires a full M433 high explosive dual purpose round. This means you do not want this baby facing you. We do not issue MP-7 grenades here unless in an emergency because they are too damn valuable. Any questions?" The group looked at each other as they absorbed the information. Before looking back at the sergeant and shaking their heads. "Good, makes my life easier. Now, second thing on the list is maintenance. So, if you want to clean your weapon you simply get some of these items of which will be found in a small pack in your webbing." The group checked their pouches before bringing out the cleaning packs and setting them on the table. "Now, first of all you are going to want to take the bolt out, that means dissembling the weapon, of which I will show you what to do now". The sergeant started taking the rifle apart while calling instructions; everyone else followed his lead and did the same things he did. "Good, you all deserve a cookie. Now, we need to get some oil and lightly lubricate the bolt, do that now" Everyone in the group reached into their kit bag and brought out a dab and oil, they place the dab over the rifle and start wiping it up and down. "Good, that will get rid of some dirt if there is any. Now Set the cleaned bolt aside and working from the breech or chamber end only run a cleaning rod with attached bronze brush soaked in gun solvent down the barrel and out the muzzle". The group got out their cleaning rod and lead it down the MP-7. "Well done. That should do for now. Reassemble your MP-7s and then follow me to the shooting range.

As the group approached the shooting range the sergeant stood there, waiting for them as though he was judging their every move. Zak approached confidently, nodding to the sergeant as he passed him. "Alright all of you. Get your weapons out and aim them downrange. I want to see your stance!” Everyone got into their own positions. Zak put one leg in front of the other and spread them just about over shoulder length. Before bringing his MP-7 to his shoulder and aiming downrange at the targets. As the sergeant looked over everyone and bellowed commands out of how to improve one at a time he eventually came to Zak. "Good work Grant. Just make sure that your MP-7 is tucked nice and deep into your shoulder to reduce recoil". Zak nodded before complying with the command. The sergeant finally finished and stood behind everyone. "Alright, looks good. Load your weapons now!” The group fumbled in their webbing before bringing out MP-7 clips and loading them into their weapons. "When you are ready, fire in short controlled bursts down the range!” The group began to open fire down the range. The only sounds that could be heard were the rounds hitting the targets, whizzing past the targets. The MP-7's catastrophic noise or the sound of the bullet shells hitting the ground. Zak fired slowly, keeping his eye downrange through his sights as he fired in one to three round bursts. The sergeant yelled over the sound of the bullets "When you are done make sure your magazine is empty then just lay your weapons down!” Eventually the entire group finished. The sergeant went past them all to inspect the targets. "Well, you did well for your first time. But I would not trust you in battle, proba-". The sergeant stopped at Henders and Grants targets. "Well Jesus Christ, looks like we got some naturals here!" The sergeant turned back to the group with a large smile on his face. "You two seemed to have hit with basically every bullet. Congratulations!" The sergeant then turned back and inspected the rest of the targets. Zak and Alex turned to each other and brofisted. As Zak turned he saw Mr. Moslin watching him from inside of the complex. Zaks face turned emotionless as he saw him. Mr. Moslin gave a smile before walking back inside.

"All of you are dismissed. Meet back here tomorrow at oh eight hundred!” The sergeant bellowed after them "Grant, Henders, get over here!” As the two approached the sergeant they looked at him nervously. "No need to look so nervous guys, this is good news!" Zak and Alex turned to each other and gave equally confused looks before turning back to the sergeant. "After all this training, you two have already been assigned to a certain group. I will tell you nearer the time what it’s about but for now just rest and know that you are going to do great things!” Alex and Zak nodded to the sergeant before heading inside. "What the heck do you think he was on about?" Alex asked as he turned to Zak. Zak kept walking but said. "I dunno, but if we are getting deployed again then I hardly count that as good news...”
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:39:30 AM by The Joke »
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 08:06:29 AM »
Day twenty five.

As Zak once again travelled down the stairs that he had grown attached to by travelling down them every day about five times. He stared out onto the field out of a window to see a large circle made out of sandbags, the sergeant was standing in front of them as usual with no expression held upon his face. Zak and Alex slowly walked up to the sergeant. "Go over there". He said in a low tone, nodding his head in a certain direction. As others seemed to appear the sergeant began speaking. "Well done for making it today. Now, I am going to be level with you. Today we are going to teach you about both your physical and mental strengths and defects. This will be by far the most straining training you have done so far. I assure you...” The group slowly exchanged worried and confused looks before looking back at the sergeant. "Now, first of all I want you all to meet our brawler as we like to call him!” The sergeant pointed behind everyone. As the group spun round to see what was so interesting they realised that a lone man was leaning against the wall smoking a cigarette. His arms were massive and covered in tattoos; he was quite literally built like a tank, even more so than the sergeant. He had numerous battle scars upon his face, one across his left eye, a few across his cheek. He wore different outfit, it was more metallic and looked outright bad ass. The group stared at the man, most of them were quite afraid. "As you can see by this ring, we are going to first of all be teaching you about sparing today. Nick here will be helping us out. Also, can someone warn the medics that we might have a few injuries today?”

As the sergeant ran through some basic routes and attacks when it came to sparing Zak kept on thinking of when Dave taught him on top of the clinic how to spar. He remembered Kira, Skyler, Doc, and Eli all watching Dave and him have small sparing matches. He treasured every memory he could still remember. "Everyone got that!” The sergeant yelled out as the group in return shouted "Yes sergeant!” Obviously the sergeants’ training was better than Daves due to it being military style training. But Zak combined the two to make him that little bit better. "Right, I need a volunteer!" The group looked at each other slowly, wondering about who was going to put their hand up. "Actually, since you did so well last time, Grant, get up here!” Zak growled slightly as he mentioned his name, before walking into the ring. "Nick, get over here, its time!” The man named Nick pushed himself off the wall and threw his cigarette to the floor, stomping his foot on it before walking forward. It was as though you could hear every one of his movements. Zak pictured himself as the cigarette as Nick walked closer. "Alright, Grant, just use everything that I taught you". Zak looked at the sergeant with an odd expression as though saying, fuck off; he is going to kill me! Nick stepped inside the ring, looking Zak straight in the face. "This guy is puny..." Nick said with a booming laugh. "You sure you want me to break him sergeant?” The sergeant replied "This is full contact, both of you. I will allow anything apart from death in this ring". Nick smiled at Zak and whispered "Perfect...” Zak raised an eyebrow and was about to say something back but the sergeant blew his whistle. Straight away Nick charged at Zak with a war cry. Zak stood there dumbfounded and got tackled to the ground. "Ugh!" Zak yelled as he fell down. "Comon little man, show me what you got!” Nick yelled in Zaks face as he lifted his fist up, preparing to punch at Zaks face. Zak knew he had to act quickly, so he launched his knee into Nick’s balls. Nick cried out in pain before rolling to the side. Zak took this chance and rolled to the opposite side and out of harm’s way. "That is so cheap!" Nick cried out before he put on an angry look that he had been hurt and stood up on his feet, charging again. Zak reacted this time and simply sidestepped to his right and put his leg out. Nick tripped over it and to the floor. "Oww!” Zak smiled before jumping on top of Nick and launching his fist into his face. The punch hit but Nick could take and paid no attention to it instead he grabbed Zak by the arms and got up, squeezing Zak in the air. The group were yelling at Zak to break free. Zak groaned as he got crushed by his hands. Nick gave an evil laugh and smile before throwing Zak to the floor abruptly. Zak groaned as he hit the floor before looking up, seeing Nick slowly approach him. Zak spat on the floor, scurrying away from Nick but he approached even quicker by the second. Zak got to his feet and stared at Nick. He gave another evil laugh before charging at Zak. Zak charged at the same time. Both of them giving off a war cry as they did. As they got closer Zak veered to his right and grabbed Nicks neck, swinging onto his back. Nick flailed his arms. Trying to get Zak off. Zak continuously punched him in the sides of the face before placing both his hands in horizontal positions, whacking Nick in the sides of the neck. Nick immediately fell to his knees; no sound came from his mouth. He gurgled as he fell to the floor. Zak went flying across the ring and landed on his back. Groaning softly at his wounds. "Gr-Grant...?” The sergeant said slowly before approaching Zak with a slightly worried face. "Only two people have ever beat Nick in a fight. And the other was a KING unit...” Zak spat out some blood before replying. "It was just luck...” The sergeant boomed out in laughter before helping Zak to his feet, Zak hobbled with the sergeant towards the med bay, taking one last look at Nick as he groaned on the floor. Zak smiled and carried on hobbling along.

"You are excused from mental training today, I will have to make a private session for you, and I see that you are very determined so I will make sure that I make something special for you...” Zak nodded slowly before being laid on one of the medical beds. "Good work today Grant, I am sure Ashley will be very pleased". The sergeant winked and laughed at Zak before walking out. Zak gave a bad smile, watching the sergeant leave, as he turned through the doorway Zak thudded his head against his pillow. Staring at the ceiling again. All of a sudden he heard some clapping and he raised his head. At the doorway was Mr. Moslin with his cane. "Well, well, well". He gave a small smile before approaching Zak. "Looks like we all underestimated you. I thought you would just be another rebel grunt, but you have something more special in you Mr. Grant". Zak kept a stern face, still not completely trusting Mr. Moslin. "Now, Mr. Grant. That was a more than exceptional performance; may I ask where you learned those moves?” Zak slowly replied. "The outlands, I had a friend who taught me how to brawl". Mr. Moslin gave off another smile "Of course, of course. I have been through the Outlands before, seems like a friendly enough community, not much crime". Zak replied "The Outlands community keep each other safe, that’s something that the OTA will never have". Mr. Moslin nodded. "You care very much about the Outlands, don't you Mr. Grant?” Zak nodded "Its home to me, as soon as I can, I am going back there". Mr. Moslins face grew slightly sterner. "Mr. Grant, you cannot leave just yet". Zak laughed slightly "Try and stop me". Mr. Moslin gave off a smile. "Well, I will give you a deal, if you stay and fulfil all the tasks I need you to do, then I will allow you to go back to the Outlands. In fact. I will have you driven there personally". Zak looked at Mr. Moslin, knowing that there was no way he could make it to the Outlands on foot, and even more so alone. "Deal..." Zak replied, feeling as though he had just accepted a deal with the devil.

Part two coming soon!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:43:41 AM by The Joke »
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »
 I don't know if this is World War 2 or Outlands mixed together. Sargeants are dead by the way due to the Seven Hour War, they don't train teenagsts like Zak for example.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »
//I guess you have not read any of this then...
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »
//I guess you have not read any of this then...

:>

I did read some of it though. A few grammaratical problems here and there but on the otherhand, a great job.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 09:56:59 AM »
//Thanks, and I know I am kind of rushing these a bit, I should slow down a bit :P
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 08:14:47 AM »
Day twenty five (Part two).
As Mr. Moslin left the room Ashley appeared, she smiled at Zak before rushing over to him. "I cannot believe you beat Nick, everyone is talking about it!” Zak gave off a weak smile before letting his head thud against the pillow. All of a sudden he heard some feet scurry across the floor and towards his bedside; he opened his eyes to see Alex. "Dude, how the hell did you do that!?” Alex gave off a large smile to Zak as he pulled up a chair and sat next to him. "I dunno man, he was just...Too slow". Alex laughed before patting Zak on the chest. "The sergeant was in a great mood after that!” All of a sudden Alex's smile was wiped clean off of his face. "But, we had to go through mental training...Fuck man that is some hard ass training...” Zak frowned at Alex before replying. "The sergeant said he was going to give me something even more straining". Alex all of a sudden looked up at Zak with wide eyes. "Well dude, I really do hope you are feeling better for when it happens...” Ashley came back over with her equipment, setting it on the side of Zak's bed. "Oh, Alex. Might need you to leave, give Zak some time to rest. You know". Alex smiled before replying "Sure, I will see you two later". He then came closer to Zak as Ashley turned her back to them and whispered. "Good luck love train!” Zak gave a smile to Alex before giving him a playful push. Alex laughed as he walked out and Ashley just turned, confused to what they had been saying. "Well now, let’s get you patched up; I do not think anything is broken, so that makes my job easier". Ashley gave a smile to Zak before beginning to work on him.

Day twenty five (Late evening).

"Grant". Zak suddenly woke up, peering around the room. He saw a lone Vortiguant standing at the doorway. "The Grant must follow Arcesh". Zak nodded slightly before sliding his legs out of the bed and standing up, following the Vortiguant known as Arcesh down the hallway. "What’s this for?” Zak asked cautiously. "The sergeant has organized your test". The Vortiguant replied in a quiet, deep scratchy voice. Zak gulped slightly but continued following the Vortiguant. They finally reached a shed; it looked like it could fit about ten people inside. The Vortiguant placed his hand on the door handle and swung the door outwards, stepping into the darkness. Zak soon followed, unsure of what to expect. As he stepped inside the door closed suddenly and Zak jumped, looking around in the darkness, not being able to see a thing. "Take a seat Mr. Grant". Zak heard the familiar voice and looked as a bright light shone on a small wooden chair in the middle of the room. Zak walked over to it and sat down. "Now, Grant. The Vortiguant you arrived with is going to penetrate your mind; he will bring up your darkest fears and nightmares, all you have to do. Is trying and stop him". Zak looked around cautiously around before feeling his hands being touched abruptly and being tied up. "How do I stop him?” Zak said in a slightly calm voice. "To stop him, you must find an equally happy memory. Something that brings light in the darkness, something that you can focus on to stop the pain". Zak raised an eyebrow before speaking "Pain?” Before anything else could be said he saw a green light shine in the corner of the room. Zak tried to scurry out of the chair but the green light came towards him suddenly. Zak yelled out as the Vortiguant entered his mind. He saw his nightmares. The one in the woods where the OTA find him and he cannot fight back. The one where all his friends are butchered and killed in an unknown world. The nightmares where he remembers how his family were butchered in front of him. Zak could not find the strength to search for a memory as the nightmares kept flooding in. All of a sudden the nightmares stopped and Zak could see the light shining in his face again. "Comon Grant. I know this test is hard but I know you can do it!” Zak wearily looked up at the light before seeing the green light shine again and come towards him. Zak yelled out again as the nightmares flooded his mind. Suddenly Zak began to think, this is a test. He can defeat it. So Zak focussed. Thinking to the Outlands, his friends, Angus, Eli, Hotar, Dave Woods, Skyler Remanton, Mike Boone, Doc Dean, Walter, Frank Draco, and so many more. They all stood beside him. And fought with him. He also thought about recent times. Ashley, Alex, the sergeant. Everyone that shone the way for him, everything that he cared about and loved. And all of a sudden the nightmares stopped; instead he saw pictures in his mind of all his friends on a white background. The dream collapsed and Zak looked back into the light before the entire room lit up. Standing inside was the sergeant. The Vortiguant, Arcesh. And Mr. Moslin. Zak hung his head and smiled slightly before hearing footsteps come over to him. "It’s alright son, it’s over now". Zak looked up to see the sergeant giving him a smile. "You completed the test Grant. Congratulations. All the others just had to stay in a room blindfolded and listen to a tape with high pitched sound. You have doubled your efforts. Well done". Zak smiled weakly back at the sergeant before he walked around to the back of his chair and untied him. As Zak felt his hands be released he held them in front of him, staring at them. He all of a sudden heard a clap. "Well done Mr. Grant. You continue to amaze me". Mr. Moslin left the room with his cane. "Go grab some sleep Grant, you earned it".

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:46:20 AM by The Joke »
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »
 // bitch please i want you to versus sophia in hand to hand combat and see if you beat her.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
//Lawl, ITS ON NOW BITCH.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds