Author Topic: The ethics behind Stem Cell research (Debate)  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The ethics behind Stem Cell research (Debate)
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:22:01 PM »
What do you think on stem cell research, and products like Neocutis, that use embryos that were artificially grown?
I personally support it, what about you guys?

Offline Cats Pajamas

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The ethics behind Stem Cell research (Debate)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 10:43:12 PM »
I am a nursing school student and personally I think that many medical discoveries will be found through stem cell research and I believe it should be researched more than it currently is also taken from Neocutis webiste incase you didn't know this about them.

"The small skin donation that, ultimately, made the development of our treatment possible originated from a single terminated pregnancy that could not survive to term and was deemed medically necessary by the attending physicians. This voluntary donation to medical research was granted by the parents with their written consent, and was performed in adherence with strict Swiss laws that regulate organ donations and similar procedures."
Glenn Irene Jr. Savior of the Outlands!

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 11:54:05 PM »
As long it's not federal funded and produced by the private sector, it's fine by me.

I think it is actually quite interesting science having cells replace dead ones is something worthy to invest imagine having the medical industry actually profit of something. (Even though they profit from people who don't take care of themselves but that's a different story.)

Maybe stem cells will help start up nanotechnology for the medical industry.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 05:14:51 PM by Cookiesofamerica-planetside 2 »
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »
See, I dont understand why people dislike it, you can use life that din't flourish to save another

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 08:50:54 PM »
I support it. Whether federally or privately funded is irrelevant to the discussion. Many worse things have been done in the name of science and discovery, like the various experiments conducted on the prisoners during the Holocaust. There's nothing wrong with poking around fetuses that are not even still attached to the mother for stem cells. It's already dead and can help save countless lives, I say go for it.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 11:12:01 AM »
The fact we can now create artificial cells is an incredibly exciting frontier of the modern world, I am excited for the day we may be able to grow usable organs and rare blood types, the accomplishments of this science will thrust mankind into an new era of immense medical prosperity! I wholeheartedly support this.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal