Author Topic: P55-GD80 Supplementary power for the CPU  (Read 3502 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
P55-GD80 Supplementary power for the CPU
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:51:06 PM »
Basically I just got the rosewill throne and I was taking the parks from my old computer and put them into the new case. Then I ran into this problem-There's an 8 pin plug on the motherboard which is apparently the supplementary power for the CPU. I checked all my plugs and non of them would fit the 8-pin, but I have some that would fit 6. I have no clue how this is possible since it was just working fine on my other computer and now I don't know where that 8pin cord went(never even knew I had one?) I noticed that some plugs don't have all of the connectors or whatever, like there's spots for 6 but only 4 are taken for example. Could this be the case? What am I doing wrong lol...new PC builder here
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: P55-GD80 Supplementary power for the CPU
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 06:01:43 PM »
Look for 2 4-pin connectors and place them side by side. Dont put the PCI-E connector in or you will die. (the 6 pin one which sometimes has a bonus 2 pins for an 8 pin connection)

Please tell me you utilized the cable management system and didnt just hurrdurr place cords all over the place.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 06:50:42 PM »
Look for 2 4-pin connectors and place them side by side. Dont put the PCI-E connector in or you will die. (the 6 pin one which sometimes has a bonus 2 pins for an 8 pin connection)

Please tell me you utilized the cable management system and didnt just hurrdurr place cords all over the place.

I'm trying to use the cable management as best as I can but some cords are just not long enough to go around the back of the case so they just dangle.

My next question is the fan connectors: I'm reading thru the manual but I can't find where they plug into. There's a switch on the case where it allows me to control them. Another thing is the LEDs for the fans, where do those go lol.

Thank you statua

Edit

Never mind I think I found it. Will post again later to give update

Post Auto-Merged: April 09, 2014, 07:14:26 PM
Wait no. Still can't find where the fan plugs go into. Also not sure where the molex plug goes into as my psu doesn't have a slot for it. I have the Thermaltake TRX-750M

Post Auto-Merged: April 09, 2014, 08:11:25 PM
Ok I pretty much got this thing ready to go but now there is this problem:

Whenever I turn on my computer, the lights and whatnot will turn on for a second or two and then then it will turn off. After about 5 seconds it will do the same thing, rinse and repeat. The yellow standby light is on though, that never flickers. What could be the problem now?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:11:25 PM by Cow 8-) »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 08:26:44 PM »
Take a picture of all your connections and post them here. Probably easier then trying to explain them.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »
I can't post pictures since I'm posting from my phone and afaik you can't upload pictures on an iPhone. I forgot to replug the CPU power cord back in. Now the only issue is my optical drive and hard drive but I'll post more info on wht the issue is when I get home.

Thank you for helping me statua

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal