Author Topic: Examples of Good RP  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Examples of Good RP
« on: April 08, 2013, 01:32:36 AM »
Another guide I found. Lots of things in my archive. Good days. Anyways I cleaned this one up too. Full of good scenarios. I might add more to it as time goes on.

Properly roleplaying scenarios and still have fun.

We will go over a few situations which you may come across. We will go over, light car accidents, activities of daily living, powergaming, and entertainment.

Light Accidents

So your car got in a little fender bender with another car. Usually you just back up and continue but that's gmod and this is life (RP). If you're driving a brand new corvette and someone rear ends you, two things will happen.
-There will be significant damage to the rear and possibly some damage to the frame
-you will get whip lash

So at this point, some dumbass in an emperor forgot to stop and rear ends your vette. Now your a bit pissed cause he just screwed up your nice car.

Statua moans and rubs the back on his neck. (whip lash)
Statua gets out of his car to see the damage.

At this point, the other player should get out of their car too.

Statua looks at the dent the emperor left in the back of his vette. He then looks at Venatio.

Statua: What the hell man? Could you not see I was stopped?

Venatio looks at the damage. 'No I wasn't paying attention' still looking at the damage.

Statua: So what do you plan do do huh? This is gonna cost me at least 6 grand to get fixed.

Venatio: I don't even have 6 grand.

Statua: Do you at least have insurance?

Venatio: Yeah I do. *He goes back to his car*

Venatio takes his insurance papers from the golve box.

Statua takes his insurance papers from the golve box.

Venatio: Alright. *he returns to statua* Heres my paperwork.

Statua takes the papers and copies down the information he needs.

Statua hands both his and Venatios papers to Venatio.

Statua: Your turn.

Venatio takes the papers and copies down the information he needs.

Venatio: Here. *he hands back statuas insurance papers*

Statua: Thanks. *he snatches them from venatio*

Statua returns to his car and drives off.

Important things to remember are insurance information swapping, vehicle damage, human damage, and emotions about how much you gotta pay to get it fixed.

Activities of Daily Living

Everyone lives with the same needs. Hunger, sleep, pee, hygiene. You should rp these when you can. A good time would be when the server is quiet and there's nothing to do. Don't leave the server or it will get empty pretty quick. This is a good way to pass time, improve on rp, and if done right, have a little fun. We'll do a morning routine.

Statua groans as he sits up on his bed.

Statua rubs his face and stands up slowly. He yawns while stretching his arms wide.

Statua goes for the door to the bathroom. He closes the door behind him.

Statua drops his pants and releives himself in the toilet. He yawns again while doing so.

Statua flushes the toilet, pulls up his pants, and washes his hands. He returns to his room.

Statua closes the door behind him and takes off his clothes.

Statua grabs a towel and wraps it around his waist, covering his genitals.

Statua returns to the bathroom and turns on the shower.

Statua hangs up his towel and steps in the shower.

Statua lathers himself with soap and shampoo.

Statua scrubs away the dirt and stink that was once attached to him.

Statua rinses off the soap and shampoo. He turns off the shower.

Statua steps out and dries himself off.

Statua wraps himself in the towel and returns to his room.

Statua closes the door and opens his wardrobe.

Statua takes out an undershirt, a polo short, socks, underwear, and a pair of cargo pants.

Statua dresses himself and proceeds to the kitchen.

Statua opens the fridge and takes out milk and oj.

Statua takes out a box of miniwheats and a bowl.

Statua mixes the mini wheats and milk in a bowl. He grabs a spoon.

Statua fills a glass with oj and takes everything to the table. He takes a seat.

Statua starts to eat his cereal and occasionally takes a sip from his oj.

Statua pulls out a newspaper, still eating breakfast. He reads the paper.

Statua finishes the cereal and downs the rest of the oj. He sets the paper aside.

Statua gets up, taking the empty bowl and cup from the table.

Statua puts the dishes in the sink and returns to his room.

Statua takes a backpack from his closet and holds it in one hand.

Statua grabs his keys, phone, and wallet from the end table by the bed.

Statua grabs a granola bar of the counter. 'I'm off to work guys. Later' he waves.

Now I take it that's long but it blows at least 20 minutes which is filler inbetween events. You can do passive rp (what I just did) with yourself or other people.

Another type of daily activity would be driving to the store or out for lunch. Remember to do these things. Oj doesn't spawn in the fridge. I won't go over this but remember that just because someone doesn't own the supermarket, you can still rp buying groceries and the such.

Powergaming

This one is a hard one. This takes lots of logical reasoning, patience, and sacrifice. Sometimes you can play this as a game with a D6 (6 sided dice). You have to understand your character and the opposing characters traits. If one is more agile than the other, that one has a higher chance at dodging an attack. You can decide that if they are stronger, they could win or you roll a d6. If you get a 5 or a 6, you win, if you get a 1, 2, 3, or 4, then they win. Let's go over a scenario where someone fights for an envelope of money.

Jason is stronger than Paul but Paul is more agile. An envelope sits on the counter.

Remember. The point of this is to give the other player a chance to win.

Chances by d6
Strength 1-4: Jason wins, 5-6, Paul wins
Agility 1-4: Paul wins, 5-6 Jason wins

Jason heads toward the counter to take the envelope.
Paul jumps in the mans way. "Stop! That's not yours!"

Jason tries to push him aside.

D3

Paul stumbles but quickly gets up to his feet.

Jason continues to the package. "I can do what I want you little runt."

Paul quickly jumps for the package.

Jason raises his hand in an attempt to stop Paul.

D4

Paul twists his body and dodges Jasons hand. He grabs the envelope and rolls off the end of the table.

Jason dives for Paul.

D5

Paul gets crushed by Jason and let's go of the envelope.

Jason, still standing on Paul, takes the envelope and shoves it in his pocket.

Paul attempts to push Jason off his body

D2

Jason ramains on pauls body and throws a punch at his face

D6

Paul gets knocked out cold by the blow.

Jason gets up, kicks Paul and starts to leave. "Nobody gets in my way."

You don't need to use a d6 of you both agree on a suitable and realistic outcome. The d6 is only used when both players want to win.

To decide whether the d6 is to be used for say agility or strength, think of the situation. If you have to dodge the attack or dive for something, it's agility. If you need muscular strength to acheive something, it's obviously strength like moving a heavy object.

You must remember that you can also powergame on yourself. If you're alone building something and a wood pallet falls on you, you can't move it if you're weak so take a d6 for yourself. An example would be 1-3 moves the pallet where 4-6 it stays where it is.

Remember the golden rule to roleplaying. You're not playing to win. You're playing to have fun and visit your imagination.

Last but definitely not the least is entertainment. Everyone needs to have some entertainment unless they want to go insane. Some things you can do is surf the web, watch tv, read a book, play a board game, or play a sport.

Street racing, events, parties, or anything else that is active is not a form of passive entertainment.

We'll do a quick event of someone watching tv.

Jason switches on the TV.

Jason flips through the channels and comes across mythbusters.

Jason sits back and watches the program, occasionally sipping his coke.

During this time, I like to switch monitors and surf the web or watch YouTube. You can do whatever you please but remember to interact if something happens in game.

Just remember to do these things the way I listed and people like me or nikolai who seriously roleplay serious will be happy to keep you. Good luck, see you out there!

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Examples of Good RP
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 09:13:01 AM »
Great guide. I doubt that most people will go all out doing that type of RP in OCRP2 though.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 03:56:26 PM »
Great guide. I doubt that most people will go all out doing that type of RP in OCRP2 though.
There's nothing stopping you from doing that. Granted not everyone will respond seriously but if you use these forms of RP on people, they often respond back the same.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 01:20:24 PM »
There's nothing stopping you from doing that. Granted not everyone will respond seriously but if you use these forms of RP on people, they often respond back the same.
I guess it just depends on the players who will return when OCRP2 is released. If we get so many minges playing again then the chances of good RP like this playing out is very slim.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 01:38:08 PM »
I guess it just depends on the players who will return when OCRP2 is released. If we get so many minges playing again then the chances of good RP like this playing out is very slim.
The base RP is semi-serious and the administration team wont allow anything less then that so.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal