Author Topic: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information  (Read 44479 times)

Offline Rudolph the Master Blaster

• me and smt
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2012, 08:42:48 PM »
Ima cut off with the Models and stuffs because we dont really need to fuss over "new" models to Roleplay.

We should focus on our Needs. Instead of our Wants.

Currently Citizen RP isn't very favored, and CP RP is basically what most players want to do. ( I hope I didn't offend anyone )
We should create some new ideas for Citizen RP so HL2RP City isnt mainly about Civil Protection.

Im not saying I hate the ideas of new models. Hell, I actually really like them. But we should start to focus on Citizen RP, as the last.. 2 pages of this thread have been of the CCA and/or arguing over elitesm

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2012, 08:47:51 PM »
The CCA has the most issues, that's why we end up focusing on it. It's not because we only care about it, it's not because we are biased or elitist, it's because it has has the most (annoying) issues and the Citizen/Resistance RP side has noting outstanding.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2012, 01:23:55 AM »
The CCA has the most issues, that's why we end up focusing on it. It's not because we only care about it, it's not because we are biased or elitist, it's because it has has the most (annoying) issues and the Citizen/Resistance RP side has noting outstanding.
True this.

If the CCA is properly sorted out, and they do what they are supposed to do, then it is a lot more fun as citizen to find RP with CPs.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2012, 10:32:14 AM »
True this.

If the CCA is properly sorted out, and they do what they are supposed to do, then it is a lot more fun as citizen to find RP with CPs.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

But these issues have absolutely nothing to do with CP-citizen interaction... They're all just about which particular pattern of pixels looks the best on which ranks.
o7

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
What you guys don't get from this is the fact that the metrocops v5 pack is going to be baked into clockwork, so we will have these models available whether you like it or not, so we may as well choose them and make use of them.
what

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2012, 11:42:56 AM »
It would be nice for some more CWU and citizen models to it would be good not as much male 07 running around.
Emory.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »
Enough discussion about the CCA models. Anyone posting about it after this post will receive a 10% warning added to them.

Yes, all the posts are being considered, but they will not change for the time being. Yes, we are looking into new models and stuff for citizens.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
It seems that everyone has forgotten about the PAC (Player appearance customiser) suggestion posted by The joke.
It had a 8 pages long discussion and at the end, it was said that this was going to be added until Gmod 13 and would become as a flag in witch people would be able to apply for such as the tooltrusth flag.

PAC discussion post ------------>   http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=9862.0

It would be great as you would be able to modify your character with out the need of downloading new content and making the server slower.

I do not think anyone saw this.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »
It seems that everyone has forgotten about the PAC (Player appearance customiser) suggestion posted by The joke.
It had a 8 pages long discussion and at the end, it was said that this was going to be added until Gmod 13 and would become as a flag in witch people would be able to apply for such as the tooltrusth flag.

PAC discussion post ------------>   http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=9862.0

It would be great as you would be able to modify your character with out the need of downloading new content and making the server slower.

I do not think anyone saw this.

Doesn't matter if you have to apply for it. Making custom appearances for certain people sounds a tad bit too elitist to me. But i'm not the voice of the server sooooo...

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2012, 08:01:20 PM »
I will say this once and for all: PAC will NEVER be added to cg hl2rp

Sent from my Thundertalk using TapaBolt 2

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2012, 06:38:39 AM »
I want to get it clear. There have been announced that your characters will be removed after you haven't been on them for two months. Is that true?

Credit goes to jackal

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2012, 06:40:40 AM »
I want to get it clear. There have been announced that your characters will be removed after you haven't been on them for two months. Is that true?

I dont think that's automatic so no characters should be getting removed, afaik the DB hasn't copied over yet anyway

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2012, 06:41:46 AM »

There /was/ a database wipe about a month or two ago, that every character who wasn't loaded in 2 months was deleted.
Edit: Checked, and it was 3 months ago, in August.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:52:22 AM by turhral=S=C= [1-03] »
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »
Character wipes generally are cca and ota only. Every so often if the database is growing then yes we do a full wipe. But it is announced.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2012, 02:27:34 PM »
Character wipes generally are cca and ota only. Every so often if the database is growing then yes we do a full wipe. But it is announced.

Might be the reason how I lost my 887 - 01 unit. Thank you for the information

It was a pain in the ass to find a Pulse-Rifle in outlands too.

Credit goes to jackal

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal