Author Topic: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information  (Read 44479 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »
A few unique model for a few special ranks is fine by me, but every rank/division having its own model just seems over the top to a lot of people.
o7

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2012, 01:52:30 AM »
I personally feel like Officers should have "models/c08cop.mdl"

Instead of Elite Units. It would make more sense for the EU's to have the current officer uniform. any consideration in changing them around?

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2012, 04:23:19 AM »
i dont think each squad needs their own special model - maybe i'd be fine with that if some of them didn't look silly

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2012, 05:45:10 AM »
If it isn't required to download the Gordon Freeman model, then why put it on? It just makes admins more elitist to have their own custom model and from the way you have been acting on this thread it looks like your old ego has returned.

GG RTLK, you are returning to your old egotistical self. Don't.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 08:08:11 AM »
Well, if we can't apply for the extra models, then are female units allowed o get the femalecop model? I think they should at least have that option. Because as the player of a female unit, it's kind of odd playing with the male model. I guess it doesn't really make a difference, but I'm just saying it would be nice.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »
Well, if we can't apply for the extra models, then are female units allowed o get the femalecop model? I think they should at least have that option. Because as the player of a female unit, it's kind of odd playing with the male model. I guess it doesn't really make a difference, but I'm just saying it would be nice.
Femalecop model is an extremely ugly edit of the normal mpc model that doesnt even look CLOSE to a female. Besides, you wont know if someone is male or female if he/she is wearing thick body armor and a mask.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »
If I were a disgruntled citizen, wanting to kill a high level/important CCA member, and I didn't know anything about the ranks or facemask, and I saw that this one type of uniform was uncommon. Yeah, people would target them, just like in the American revolution, the sharpshooters were targeting the people in officer uniforms/on horses, the least amount of identifiable traits you can give to your high ranking officers, the better.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »
If you look at the higher ranked units physdesc anyway, it has a lot more experienced stuff than a recruit, instead of standard light stuff and a stunbaton, they have ar2's, medals hanging from their ass, the nuclear stockpile on their back, etc.
what

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 03:59:07 PM »
It's to have a sense of authority. It's not like we wander out of P1 anyway which is supposed to be 'safe' due to the fact there are units patrolling it most of the time. I don't see how various uniforms is going to change what a person would target in that situation.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »
If you look at the higher ranked units physdesc anyway, it has a lot more experienced stuff than a recruit, instead of standard light stuff and a stunbaton, they have ar2's, medals hanging from their ass, the nuclear stockpile on their back, etc.

that is why i take pride in my very bland and generic 'This unit stands at 6'2 with divisional standard kevlar'

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »
Like some other people said, lets just keep one model for Recruit - 02 and just change the higher rank units like EU, OfC, Dvl, etc. If possible, why not just add a color or symbol on the 05-02 model for their division. Even then, we can just rp that.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 05:46:45 PM »
No one is going to snipe me in HL2rp because I'm a DvL. If high ranked, distinguished units got sniped and assassinated that often to where it was even remotely a problem, we either wouldn't leave the Nexus, or we would all just use metro cop skins like the enlisted units. Saying, "Oh because you're distinguished just means you'll get attacked/sniped/assassinated" doesn't mean we're not going to have different skins for the leadership. Those who have separate skins based on their rank are able to handle someone trying to attack them anyway. I find this argument, for the most part, invalid.

I totally agree with this. But I don't think every division and rank needs there own model. It's not a problem though, really. I think it's only an issue if we're using models with a lot of color and flare, like the tribal one.

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »
It seems that everyone has forgotten about the PAC (Player appearance customiser) suggestion posted by The joke.
It had a 8 pages long discussion and at the end, it was said that this was going to be added until Gmod 13 and would become as a flag in witch people would be able to apply for such as the tooltrusth flag.

PAC discussion post ------------>   http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=9862.0

It would be great as you would be able to modify your character with out the need of downloading new content and making the server slower.
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 07:00:08 PM »
Airborne, there is NO reason for HC to have any other uniform other then the default besides to show off that they're a higher rank.
Its still an illogical to have higher ranks have different uniforms and thus the CCA would never have them.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 08:09:37 PM »
No offense, but I think you're all over rereacting.

"Omg omg custom models make us all assassination targets!!!"

No, no it doesn't. Why? Because one, weapons are not exactly in ample supply to even assassinate. Two, ICly citizens are bitches and would barely want to be in the line of sight of a unit of a certain rank let alone a DvL. Three, we had seperate rank models even before this and nobody complained then. Now that they are a little different and for everyone it is a problem.

"More models = elitism!!!"

Not necessarily. 01+ had models that werent the normal ones in gmod12. Not too much elitism that I saw. Plus there isnt much to be elitist about when EVERYBODY has a model of their own. Not to mention that HC tend to be a bit more mature and don't usually indulge in petty "I'm better than you because I look like or have this, haha" attitudes which is a good reason why we are High Command to begin with.

Just saying.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:19:52 PM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal